Votes: 264 35.6%
  • Varane

Votes: 149 20.1%
  • Martinez

Votes: 129 17.4%

• Total voters

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
No problem with making Bruno the full time captain. Who should be vice captain? Maguire should never have been given it in the first place. Was it part of the signing package?
Vice should be Martinez or Varane because of the language and then we go down to Case if he improves his English after the summer

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Pretty sure that anyone without an agenda would admit after yesterday that he is essential to our team. On the basis that he is never injured, is respected by his teammates and is as passionate about the team as any player in the squad he is an ideal choice for Captain. If Maguire had an ounce of self awareness he would step down today.
I actually think that the biggest impact to our team comes when You take Varane and Martinez out and replace with the chuckle brothers then when we lose Casemiro. Didn’t Bruno play against Brentford
and play and captain us against Newcastle and Liverpool where his attitude was despicable also. Performances as poor as last night.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
It's mad. Always gives 100% and provides us with so much creativity and goal threat. Has been the best player at the club since we signed him.
He’s a better player than Casemiro ? He was better than Ronaldo last season? He’s performed better than Martinez and Rashford this season? Both of whom are better players than him. You’re telling me he was our best player last season ? Absolute nonsense.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
He’s a better player than Casemiro ? He was better than Ronaldo last season? He’s performed better than Martinez and Rashford this season? Both of whom are better players than him. You’re telling me he was our best player last season ? Absolute nonsense.
Better than Casemiro? This season - yes. Bruno hasn't missed 7 games through suspension. Better than Ronaldo last season? Probably not. Better than Ronaldo over the course of this season and last season? Eh, yes. Better than Martinez and Rashford? In the time passed since we signed Bruno? Yes, definitely.

Nicoseth

I actually think that the biggest impact to our team comes when You take Varane and Martinez out and replace with the chuckle brothers then when we lose Casemiro. Didn’t Bruno play against Brentford
and play and captain us against Newcastle and Liverpool where his attitude was despicable also. Performances as poor as last night.
Please explain this 'despicable attitude' comment.

Gandalf

I do not disagree that losing our starting defensive pairing has a massive effect but you could not make Varane captain because he is made of glass and Licha doesn't need the added responsibility nor should we be giving it to players during their first year, Maguire taught us that. Our midfield is essentially shocking without Bruno, sure he has bad games although the narrative about his attitude is mostly media driven, I had no problems with him losing his sh*t against Liverpool, better that than the zombie reaction of some other players.

Nicoseth

I do not disagree that losing our starting defensive pairing has a massive effect but you could not make Varane captain because he is made of glass and Licha doesn't need the added responsibility nor should we be giving it to players during their first year, Maguire taught us that. Our midfield is essentially shocking without Bruno, sure he has bad games although the narrative about his attitude is mostly media driven, I had no problems with him losing his sh*t against Liverpool, better that than the zombie reaction of some other players.
100%. Some of the Bruno critics see what they want to see. At least Bruno gives a shit. Most of the rest of the team crumble and drop their heads when times are tough.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Would go with Varane. Solid defender and seems like he has a cool head on his shoulders.

Or just give it to Martinez or Casemiro, since they would have had 1 year already. No other option than those 3

Gandalf

Casemiro has been decent since joining, poor in his first few games then he seemed to catch fire but in his games since returning from suspension he has been terrible.

Ronaldo hovered aound the penalty area and pumped up his stats but he was largely a passenger in most phases of play and negatively impacted the team around him.

Martinez is mint, he would be my choice for Vice Captain but it is his first season and he was on the pitch for the 7-0 same as Bruno.

Rashford is also amazing but had two very poor seasons during Bruno's time at the club and it remains to be seen if this year is for real or if another downturn is around the corner. Definitely a contender though.

NewDawnFades

Not being facetious here but Scott McTominay has a connection to the club beyond any of these guys, quality, born leader and versatile so should always be on the pitch anyway. Give him the armband for three games toward end of the season and watch him step up.

Zoo

No problem with making Bruno the full time captain. Who should be vice captain? Maguire should never have been given it in the first place. Was it part of the signing package?
Rashford vice-captain. Both him and Bruno are guaranteed starters and have carried the team almost by themselves many times.

Nicoseth

Not being facetious here but Scott McTominay has a connection to the club beyond any of these guys, quality, born leader and versatile so should always be on the pitch anyway. Give him the armband for three games toward end of the season and watch him step up.
Shocking take. McT shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11, definitely not as a captain.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Casemiro has been decent since joining, poor in his first few games then he seemed to catch fire but in his games since returning from suspension he has been terrible.

Ronaldo hovered aound the penalty area and pumped up his stats but he was largely a passenger in most phases of play and negatively impacted the team around him.

Martinez is mint, he would be my choice for Vice Captain but it is his first season and he was on the pitch for the 7-0 same as Bruno.

Rashford is also amazing but had two very poor seasons during Bruno's time at the club and it remains to be seen if this year is for real or if another downturn is around the corner. Definitely a contender though.
Yeah he’s been much better than decent. He’s been a revelation overall and transformed our midfield. The best player of his type at the club since Keane. He’s allowed poor games. This thread is about Bruno who has atrocious games about 1 in 3 and gets better when he doesn’t play.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Our midfield was shocking without Casemiro, with Bruno.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Better than Casemiro? This season - yes. Bruno hasn't missed 7 games through suspension. Better than Ronaldo last season? Probably not. Better than Ronaldo over the course of this season and last season? Eh, yes. Better than Martinez and Rashford? In the time passed since we signed Bruno? Yes, definitely.
:lol: Using unjustified suspensions as your agenda against one of our top three players of the season.

Gandalf

Yeah he’s been much better than decent. He’s been a revelation overall and transformed our midfield. The best player of his type at the club since Keane. He’s allowed poor games. This thread is about Bruno who has atrocious games about 1 in 3 and gets better when he doesn’t play.
You can believe that if you like but the truth is it took him 4 or 5 games to get going, he then looked really good when we were playing great but has missed a bunch of games through suspension and has put in a couple of very not good performances since returning. I rate him and he is obviously class but some people were so desperate for any kind of competence in the CDM position that they are wildly overrating his actual performances.

Bruno has had poor games no doubt though he is definitely not atrocious 1 in 3 but then you are clearly posting in bad faith as your agenda against Bruno is becoming pretty blatant with each additional comment you make.

GledTheRed

Makes me sick seeing that cnut Maguire come on as sub with the captains armband, don't know how he's got the cheek to take it.

SAFMUTD

Why is there an option to vote for Fernandes when the question is if not Bruno?

SAFMUTD

Suprised to see Casemiro as favourite. I know he is trying to learn but he doesn't speak English.
Its about not having many leaders in the squad. The ones that have been here many years are not really captain material, players such as De Gea, Shaw, Rashford so having Casemiro who's clearly a leader and has the experience it's a no brainer after Bruno.

TheGodsInRed

Its about not having many leaders in the squad. The ones that have been here many years are not really captain material, players such as De Gea, Shaw, Rashford so having Casemiro who's clearly a leader and has the experience it's a no brainer after Bruno.
You need to be able to communicate with more than 50% of the players and referees etc. to be captain IMO. Maybe in a year's time he will be able to do that.

SAFMUTD

You need to be able to communicate with more than 50% of the players and referees etc. to be captain IMO. Maybe in a year's time he will be able to do that.
He can clearly communicate with them, if you played football with people from differente countries and languages you know that you can say a lot without actual words. Screaming and pointing as rudimentary as it sounds is actually pretty effective.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Top three.

You obviously have not watched many games as that would be Rashford, Licha and Bruno. Case and Eriksen round out the top 5 perhaps.
I’ve a season ticket? Bruno ? He’s been wildly inconsistent and had nowhere near the season that Rashford, Martinez and Casemiro have had. The only question is in which order do you chose between those three.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I don’t believe Bruno is captain material. He can lead through performances but he is one of the worst players in the league at moaning at his team mates. Particularly like last season, where he was mediocre at best, there’s plenty of examples where he would pass the ball out of play and blame “X” for not being there to get it. He also comes across as an arrogant little gobshite.

Casemiro and Varane have a history of big competitions, finals and trophies though that also doesn’t necessarily make you captain material. I have not watched much of them much for you so I don’t know how they fit into your squad dynamic. Though they would likely do a better job than Bruno who’s only qualification seems to be “best attacking player?”.

From what I have seen, DDG is the best person in the squad for this job. He has been one of the few players to regularly face media scrutiny after poor performances. He has plenty of experience and medals and at one point was the best in the world in his position. You guys might not particularly like the guy but as an opposition fan he has my up most respect for how he carries himself especially in defeat.

jesperjaap

I totally disagree. Fantastic the fir few months and the last month. His effort and running is fanastic....his consistency of performance inbetween hasnt been patchy at times, and pretty poor for periods, Pogba is slated despite his abilities and some of his performances now he has left....and rightly. People keep lauding Fernandes on the stats but his giving the ball away has been pretty poor for long periods.

Personally I cant understand the discusssion on captaincy and people saying Martinexzfor vice captaincy, he is easily the right choice for captain here.

The fans love him
You can see the players love him and he has a good relationship with them

He is the right age to be captain for several years and yes it is his first season but he has also led by example performance wise as he has been really good consistently game in game out.

Why are eople pickign Varane when he is missing so many games...yes Bryan Robson did too, but still dont get it

He also has that real fire and determination in his play like some of our great past captains and I even think handing him the armband can bring him onto another level, 100% Martinex for captain

sugar_kane

I don’t believe Bruno is captain material. He can lead through performances but he is one of the worst players in the league at moaning at his team mates. Particularly like last season, where he was mediocre at best, there’s plenty of examples where he would pass the ball out of play and blame “X” for not being there to get it. He also comes across as an arrogant little gobshite.

Casemiro and Varane have a history of big competitions, finals and trophies though that also doesn’t necessarily make you captain material. I have not watched much of them much for you so I don’t know how they fit into your squad dynamic. Though they would likely do a better job than Bruno who’s only qualification seems to be “best attacking player?”.

From what I have seen, DDG is the best person in the squad for this job. He has been one of the few players to regularly face media scrutiny after poor performances. He has plenty of experience and medals and at one point was the best in the world in his position. You guys might not particularly like the guy but as an opposition fan he has my up most respect for how he carries himself especially in defeat.
He’s often responsible for said defeat to be fair.

Can’t see past anyone but Bruno for captain. He’s our best player and never gives anything but 100%. He’s demanding of his team mates and he’s been here years.

Casemiro and Martinez might be good shouts but it’d be needlessly disruptive to change it up now.

Ceteris

Taking the arm band off Bruno is for his own good, he can just concentrate on been our creative spark on the pitch

I feel the job gets to him too much and his emotions take over and he suffers for it

Ten Hag is slowly beating the saviour complex that Ole created out of him, let the lad concentrate on been a united player

Give it to Martinez as Verane won't be available all the time to play

wolvored

If we bought a good lyoungish leader, say someone who has captained another side, it would make sense to promote him straight away. We havent had a great captain since Keane really.

GueRed

As I've said before Maguire and Bruno are the leaders and biggest voices of this group.

With Maguire possibly leaving or at the very least continue to play a bit part playing role we need other players to step up!

Tbh though I still think we lack enough leaders....I had high hopes for Casemiro at the start of the season but like Varane vocally he's very quiet on the pitch and isnt much of an organiser.

Hoping Martinez can build on this season and grow into the role, he speaks good english, plays regularly and seems to get on well with the different cliques......we'll see...

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Wow.

Revan

Assumptionman
Bruno and Rashford are the obvious candidates. I actually thought back then that Rashford should have been made captain, but the PR teacher chose Arry Memeguire.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Vice should be Martinez or Varane because of the language and then we go down to Case if he improves his English after the summer
That should be Varane. He was France NT Captain and has International and Club trophies to back it up.
He speaks well, and look super handsome.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
What's this nonsense? Yeah, exactly the same. Casemiro scored the winner in the FA Cup final and led the team to the double this year too? Comparing the influence of Casemiro with that of Cantona is absurd.
He’s transformed our midfield and been phenomenal. I really struggle to see what you are bitter about with Casemiro he’s one of the best players in the world and probably the best at what he does. We are lucky to have him.

Nicoseth

He’s transformed our midfield and been phenomenal. I really struggle to see what you are bitter about with Casemiro he’s one of the best players in the world and probably the best at what he does. We are lucky to have him.
I am absolutely delighted with Casemiro - a brilliant player who, for most of the season, has been fantastic for us. My point is that since Bruno signed for us, no one has been better over that period. Others have been better at times, but over the course of the entirety of his time with us, Bruno has been our best player. My frustration is with the disrespect that is directed towards Bruno, a player who holds himself to high standards, and gives everything for the team. In my opinion, he is the clear choice for captain.