ICC T20 World Cup 2024

I think India will get revenge on us from our last semi when we trounced them.

I hope we do. Worried about Arshdeep and Kohli's form though..

Bumrah may just be the GOAT.. Unbelieveable bowler.

I hope we do. Worried about Arshdeep and Kohli's form though..

Bumrah may just be the GOAT.. Unbelieveable bowler.

I genuinely think he's the limited overs GOAT bowler

I think if we dropped Virat for Jaiswal, we'd be a significantly better batting team

Aussies extremely disappointing in this tournament. Apart from the game against England they've been quite poor. I said before it started they should have gone with Smith and Fraser-McGurk instead of Warner and Nathan Ellis. I could understand the Warner pick because he was good once and they were hopeful that he had something left in the tank, but picking Nathan Ellis was just a wasted spot on the roster.

Just reading there's a chance for Bangladesh to still qualify, if they win really big. Nothing to lose, they gotta try for it. Afghanistan just need to win.

I genuinely think he's the limited overs GOAT bowler

Don't think he's better than McGrath.

McGrath had this innate ability to hit the same spot on the pitch ball after ball after ball. He would pitch it just short of a length, on the 4th stump line. If there was no seam movement it would go on to hit top of off, if there was seam movement it would move away to the 4th/5th stump line and batsman struggled so much.
The real clanger is he had this weird talent of getting the ball to bounce a few inches higher than it normally should do, so even when he pitches it slightly fuller, it bounces like it was just short of a length.

At his best, McGrath would run you through with figures of like 4/45. When he isn't even playing well, he would post figures of 1/40 (10). He was just impossible to accumulate lots of runs against, because that specific line and length he plays always confused the batsman so much. You can't play on the front foot against him due to the awkward length and bounce, you can't play cut shots and hook shots against him because he doesn't given you the line both on the off and on side to do so, and if you do a shuffle in the crease he was also supremely accurate at his adjustment. The best most people could do against McGrath is nudge 3-4 singles against him every over.

That said, Bumrah is better at death bowling, variations, mainly because he is about 10kmph faster than McGrath.

But McGrath didn't really need to bowl death, because a lot of his opening spells were like 2-18 (5).

I think it will take a lot of work for Bumrah to reach the level of consistency and sheer 'unplayableness' of McGrath.

This ball by ball is the perfect highlight of McGrath.

In those 60 deliveries, 55 of them were in the exact same place. And nobody knew how to handle it. The only runs scored were just nudges and scrambles for a single.

Last edited:
Don't think he's better than McGrath.

McGrath had this innate ability to hit the same spot on the pitch ball after ball after ball. He would pitch it just short of a length, on the 4th stump line. If there was no seam movement it would go on to hit top of off, if there was seam movement it would move away to the 4th/5th stump line and batsman struggled so much.
The real clanger is he had this weird talent of getting the ball to bounce a few inches higher than it normally should do, so even when he pitches it slightly fuller, it bounces like it was just short of a length.

At his best, McGrath would run you through with figures of like 4/45. When he isn't even playing well, he would post figures of 1/40 (10). He was just impossible to accumulate lots of runs against, because that specific line and length he plays always confused the batsman so much. You can't play on the front foot against him due to the awkward length and bounce, you can't play cut shots and hook shots against him because he doesn't given you the line both on the off and on side to do so, and if you do a shuffle in the crease he was also supremely accurate at his adjustment. The best most people could do against McGrath is nudge 3-4 singles against him every over.

That said, Bumrah is better at death bowling, variations, mainly because he is about 10kmph faster than McGrath.

But McGrath didn't really need to bowl death, because a lot of his opening spells were like 2-18 (5).

I think it will take a lot of work for Bumrah to reach the level of consistency and sheer 'unplayableness' of McGrath.

This ball by ball is the perfect highlight of McGrath.

In those 60 deliveries, 55 of them were in the exact same place. And nobody knew how to handle it. The only runs scored were just nudges and scrambles for a single.

McGrath also played against more conventional batsmen who were looking to rotate strike all the time, not 360 degree players. I agree that Bumrah has more to do (although he’s far closer than some would admit) but there are better bowlers to mention, laughable take. Different if we are talking test cricket of course.

Last edited:
Aussies extremely disappointing in this tournament. Apart from the game against England they've been quite poor. I said before it started they should have gone with Smith and Fraser-McGurk instead of Warner and Nathan Ellis. I could understand the Warner pick because he was good once and they were hopeful that he had something left in the tank, but picking Nathan Ellis was just a wasted spot on the roster.

Completely agree with this, Fraser-McGurk with Travis Head would have defeated several teams at this tournament inside the power play, huge mistake from a selection standpoint from a board that usually get those decisions right.

McGrath also played against more conventional batsmen who were looking to rotate strike all the time, not 360 degree players. There are better bowlers to mention, laughable take.

Laughable take? Mcgrath has the lowest economy out of all ODI bowlers, in the modern era. The only one with similar values is Wasim Akram. Wasim played far more ODI's than McGrath ever did.

Of the modern era, only Shane Bond (who would have been legit GOAT level bowler had he not been injured) has better stats.

If you go back far enough, there are other bowlers with better stats, but ODI's back then were even more different, where 200 was a good score.

If McGrath is playing against these conventional batsmen, then why oh why did nobody else have such a good average and economy other than Wasim Akram?
Surely if he wasn't head of the pack, everyone would come close to his statistics?

McGrath played against some ODI monsters, Sachin, Sehwag, Dilshan, Jayasuria, Lara, etc. His era was not just Dravid/Trott plodders going at a SR of 65.

You can be a 360 degree power hitter or dynamic shot striker, everyone will struggle with back of the length offstump/4th stump line. You can be as dynamic as you want, you cant just swing across the line or do a scoop shot against that.

It's funny, because we talk about McGrath in the context of Bumrah, but one of Bumrah's biggest strengths is his back of a length/off stump 4th stump line, just quicker than McGrath with less varied bounce.

Almost every wicket is back of a length, off stump/4th stump line :lol:

@sport2793, why are these 360 batsmen unable to crush him huh?

Also, if you don't think he'd be as effective today, please see Josh Hazelwood - he's just a poor mans McGrath, with less bounce, less accuracy and less seam movement, and yet he averages 26 in ODI cricket and 24 in test cricket.

Last edited:
...Wtf are afghanistan doing?

They're literally going at under 6 runs an over with 9 wickets in hand.

Rashid Khan makes it slightly respectable.

What's the numbers saying, how quickly do Bangladesh need to chase this? Surely they give it a go?

Bangladesh need to do it in 12.1 overs apparently. If they can't reach the target by the 74th ball, I hope they do the sporting thing by giving up completely. We don't forget Australia..you're a disgrace!

Bangladesh need to do it in 12.1 overs apparently. If they can't reach the target by the 74th ball, I hope they do the sporting thing by giving up completely. We don't forget Australia..you're a disgrace!
It's worked out well in their favour so far :mad:

Australia are fecked tbh, Bangladesh will either get these or get all out for 70.

P.S- I hate the Aussies but it’s ridiculous as always that the last games aren’t simultaneous in a group so heavily decided by NRR

Just realised that there is a scenario here where if we get a little bit more play then considering DLS Bangladesh would probably win the match but Australia will go through. That would be hilarious

rashid should bring himself on. Bangla are playing to win this in 12, doesn’t make sense to wait.

Dropped. Damn. Bizarrely Australia look best placed all through this. Noor for Nabi would be a good change, they don’t need defensive bowling right now.
Yup, Australia won't mind this at all. Bangladesh still going for it (as they should) :nervous:

What the feck is Mahmudullah doing?

This is pathetic from bang bros, not even trying anymore, they truly are a shitty classless team. Absolutely pathetic not even trying to qualify just content screwing over Afghanistan.

There's a reason why they're so garbage in International cricket. This is absolutely trash mentality. Holy shit.

There's a reason why they're so garbage in International cricket. This is absolutely trash mentality. Holy shit.
I dont understand what they are thinking

Rashid turns it on now