Television House of the Dragon (GoT Prequel) - No book spoilers allowed

Alicent didn't meet Rhaenyra in Dragonstone. It was Harrenhal. Timing is still odd but not as much as dragonstone (it probably throws up even more questions really)
Targaryens having visions is pretty common, its just plain old madness in some cases and its hard to draw the line where one ends and the other begins. The orginal Targaryens left Valyria because one of them had a vision of it being destroyed. The 3 eyed raven from Game of Thrones was a Targaryen too, so yeah it runs in the family (helped by sleeping in a weirwood bed and junk in Daemon's case probably)
Haelena reminds me of the jester / fool from the Game of Thrones book, Patches maybe? He hung out with Stannis daughter and was always harping on about some rhyme about 'under the sea'

Alicent didn't meet Rhaenyra in Dragonstone. It was Harrenhal.
Not it wasn’t. They met at Dragonstone. You can clearly see the background when Alicent walks outside the castle. There is no way for Alicent to know Rhaenyra was in Harrenhal. Also it was her guard who wakes up Rhaenrya. The guard is at Drsgonstone.

Not it wasn’t. They met at Dragonstone. You can clearly see the background when Alicent walks outside the castle. There is no way for Alicent to know Rhaenyra was in Harrenhal. Also it was her guard who wakes up Rhaenrya. The guard is at Drsgonstone.
Hadn't she gone to Harrenhal in the previous scene? Just a day trip?

Wow, this was huge downfall. What a shit ending.
And why change things from books and introduce some made up shit like meetings between Rhaenyra and Alicent? They hate each other, they are not friends ffs.

And Sharako Lohar stuff? I am confused. He is a woman? She is a man pretending to be a woman who pretends to be a man?

And why change things from books and introduce some made up shit like meetings between Rhaenyra and Alicent? They hate each other, they are not friends ffs.

And Sharako Lohar stuff? I am confused. He is a woman? She is a man pretending to be a woman who pretends to be a man?
It's Olympics time tbf

The pirates and mud fighting completely took me out. It felt more like a scene from a netflix fantasy show than a prestige HBO show.

The pirates and mud fighting completely took me out. It felt more like a scene from a netflix fantasy show than a prestige HBO show.
I also could not stop noticing that woman’s teeth. Nobody would have them looking like that in this era and they were absolutely centre stage.

Alicent and Rhaenrya are fecking shit characters compared to their GOT counterparts.

Show is clearly suffering from poor writing. Characters doing dumb things and dumb things happening. It's a shame as S1 writing was decent, why do they feck around with things?

Is the show worth watching after two seasons of it? I’ve lost interest in the GoT world ever since GoT ran out of GRRM manuscript after Season 4 and it turning into a weird mish mash of fan fiction and generic high fantasy show at the hands of HBO (having to slog my way through it all in hope too)

The cynic in me looks at this show, taking into consideration how average GoT turned and thinks there’s a level of writing and dialogue that makes the back half of the entire GoT run look like Shakespeare, like there’s a ’You want a good girl but you need the bad pussy’ level of line every 10 minutes.

Is the show worth watching after two seasons of it? I’ve lost interest in the GoT world ever since GoT ran out of GRRM manuscript after Season 4 and it turning into a weird mish mash of fan fiction and generic high fantasy show at the hands of HBO (having to slog my way through it all in hope too)

The cynic in me looks at this show, taking into consideration how average GoT turned and thinks there’s a level of writing and dialogue that makes the back half of the entire GoT run look like Shakespeare, like there’s a ’You want a good girl but you need the bad pussy’ level of line every 10 minutes.
Yes it is. You can actually binge it which is always better than watching one episode per week. Season 1 is a great start. Season 2 is a little slow but also has some great moments. I would just wait till we wait closer to season 3 so you can jump right into that as well unless you care about spoilers.

What the feck was the mudwrestling stuff. Completely tone deaf for a show that takes itself very seriously.

Reminded me of the end of the GoT finale where Sam suggests democracy and they all burst into laughter.

I thought the scenes with her and the Lannister guy were on a par with the Sandsnake stuff from GoT. Just risible guff.

I welcomed it - this whole show is pretty po faced at times so I didn't mind a bit of messing around.

Actually the dialogue in House Of The Dragon is on a top level..just in 2 seasons there are so many iconic lines already..the problem is not the dialogue..its the story itself because the new showrunners decided they are smarter and better writers than GRRM :lol:

A woman who took up the societal role of a man (a bit like burrnesha at Balkans). A man wouldn’t ask another man to sleep with his wives to have their children but in every other way she acts as a man (even her pronouns are he/him).

Also Why was Otto in prison :lol: so random with no explanation

The second half of season 2 is just really poor versus the rest of the show

Starting to have same issue as Hobbit did where one tiny book was transformed in trilogy.
They want to stretch one book to 4 seasons material. Fire & blood is fantastic book but it is material for 2 seasons max.

Also Why was Otto in prison :lol: so random with no explanation

The second half of season 2 is just really poor versus the rest of the show
It was hinted at, so it was far from random. He disappeared mid season, no one knew where he was and Alicent wondered why he wasn't replying to her.

Feck me that was bad. Just, bad.
All that scary child-like Lannister and the mud fighter pirate queen stuff, the characters and scenes were laughable.

It was hinted at, so it was far from random. He disappeared mid season, no one knew where he was and Alicent wondered why he wasn't replying to her.
Yeah but so what? Can't see any importance of that character any more.

The best part is that these people seem to have endless patience too.

Your dad, a high ranking noble gone poof? Oh well we ll give it the good ol lets send a raven or something. Hell, let's go for a soul searching outdoor outing with just one knight to protect me even though half the kingdom probably wants me dead. Maybe I'll find my dad in the water or something.

Having a war right now, and am seriously undergunned with just one smaller dragon (up until near the end anyway), after they also killed my mother and burned a town nearby to the ground, and my bro with military prowess and another more powerful dragon are off getting stoned somewhere? No worries, we ll wait it out while im having deep conversations in this isolated castle here.

Funny enough; this show could ended in last episode just the same as GoT could ended when Dany landed on Dragonstone.

Rhaenyra has 7 dragons (4 are badass). Greens have one. Just go with all 7 in King's Landing and that is it. Park them in front and say: "Get out of my house". Give 24 hours to people to rebel against King or flee the city and start burning shit.
Easy peasy

Funny enough; this show could ended in last episode just the same as GoT could ended when Dany landed on Dragonstone.

Rhaenyra has 7 dragons (4 are badass). Greens have one. Just go with all 7 in King's Landing and that is it. Park them in front and say: "Get out of my house". Give 24 hours to people to rebel against King or flee the city and start burning shit.
Easy peasy
Greens have 3. Haelenas dragon is pretty big and we finally saw the blue dragon which belongs to Alicents other son. But yes the Blacks definitely have the advantage.

And Rhaenrya won’t burn KL. Her whole point of not going to war till now is she doesn’t want to rule over ash and bone. That’s why her character is interesting cause every single person around her this entire season has urged her to go to war but she wants to avoid a full blown war as much as possible. Rhaeyns said it right to Corlys - Rhaenyra is the only reason the realm hasn’t gone to war yet.

Last edited:
I also could not stop noticing that woman’s teeth. Nobody would have them looking like that in this era and they were absolutely centre stage.

I reae somewhere that ancient people have a better teeth than us due to the diets they took, and they have their own traditional ways to clean gums

Maybe if we're talking about modern esthetics adjustment, but health wise they had a good one

I reae somewhere that ancient people have a better teeth than us due to the diets they took, and they have their own traditional ways to clean gums

Maybe if we're talking about modern esthetics adjustment, but health wise they had a good one
She's a pirate or sea captain they all usually have scurvy.

Damn, I knew she looked familiar! I’m not the biggest fan of her content, there are way better philosophy YouTubers out there but still, it’s nice to see her doing well. Even if that character was basically a Family Guy gag.

I wanted that post to be a positive one and I feel like it didn’t come out that way.
I was the same. I was sure I recognised her and it just felt like they were presenting her as some kind of cameo. It's a little strange because presumably that character will be a recurring one next season so having a youtuber do it is a gamble. I'm pretty sure they've done voice acting in games but that's it.

Bizarre choice to have that episode as the season finale. Either do another one or two and end on a high, or end it an episode earlier with Rhaenyra and her dragons on Dragonstone.

They’re doing the opposite of GOT season 8 and dragging this out too much.

Bizarre choice to have that episode as the season finale. Either do another one or two and end on a high, or end it an episode earlier with Rhaenyra and her dragons on Dragonstone.

They’re doing the opposite of GOT season 8 and dragging this out too much.

I'm assuming its 3 seasons (10 eps) worth of story that they're trying to stretch out to 4 seasons. It explains why there are a few recycled story bits like the Harrenhall dream sequences and the Alicent/Rhaenerya meetings. They probably don't want that long gap like there was between GOT and season 1 of HotD, and 'Knight of the Seven Kingdoms' probably isn't ready for a few years still