Gaming Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/PS5)

Mine has been delivered but looks like you have to wait until tomorrow before being able to download the PS5 version. Can’t even find the option to pre-download it.

Hope people brought the cheaper PS4 version with the free upgrade rather than paying the extra £10 for the PS5 version that is exactly the same game.

I'm so torn about this. I'd really like to play it on PS5 (even more PC, but that's years away for sure), but it's impossible to get here. Komplett.no, the largest online store for these kinds of things, has still not finished sending out pre-orders. I guess it might be available suddenly. I just don't know if I can handle playing it at 30 fps and mediocre graphics on the PS4, I'm used to 144 fps these days, with a great PC.

Hope people brought the cheaper PS4 version with the free upgrade rather than paying the extra £10 for the PS5 version that is exactly the same game.

Is it a proper free upgrade?

My understanding is that Sony is likely going to continue down the path as they did with Ghosts by charging an additional fee for PS5 versions of games?

That doesn't mean you dont get the game, it just means the version on PS5 without the PS5 disk or paying the upgrade costs is merely an upscaled PS4 game...

My understanding is that Sony is likely going to continue down the path as they did with Ghosts by charging an additional fee for PS5 versions of games?

That doesn't mean you dont get the game, it just means the version on PS5 without the PS5 disk or paying the upgrade costs is merely an upscaled PS4 game...
The PlayStation store calls it a Digital upgrade to PS5 version. You are getting the PS5 version through Digital Upgrade.
https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/g...JfPLOYyUwzfq66rBVcPyH-CuPvPy6TnRoCafYQAvD_BwE

It's a proper free upgrade. They tried to do a Ghost by getting an upgrade fee attached to it but they got caught out as they had months earlier promised a free upgrade so have allowed it in this instance but otherwise it will be the c.£10-£15 upgrade fee for future games

It's a proper free upgrade. They tried to do a Ghost by getting an upgrade fee attached to it but they got caught out as they had months earlier promised a free upgrade so have allowed it in this instance but otherwise it will be the c.£10-£15 upgrade fee for future games
It was worse than that. They were only offering the upgrade path with the deluxe edition. If you bought the base ps4 game you couldn't upgrade, you had to go and buy the ps5 game too.

The footage on reviews really have not done this game justice.

Best looking game available currently

This is probably the first massively hyped game that I just feel meh about. Never got into the first one despite 3 attempts and I’ve seen so many clips of this one and I just feel nothing. Diving out of the way of creatures and shooting them with arrows, etc… maybe it’s the genre or something. No idea.

Downloading now, gonna be hard not to boot it up and have a late one. :nervous:

This is probably the first massively hyped game that I just feel meh about. Never got into the first one despite 3 attempts and I’ve seen so many clips of this one and I just feel nothing. Diving out of the way of creatures and shooting them with arrows, etc… maybe it’s the genre or something. No idea.

You definitely have different taste you will play Far cry which is possibly the most boring mundane game in the world and have no interest in this.

I suppose that's what makes people great how different they can be.

I really want to get it, but I also still have to play through dying light and I’m still putting loads of time into Fifa. I have some work too that I need to prioritise but despite it all I can’t help getting tempted.

You definitely have different taste you will play Far cry which is possibly the most boring mundane game in the world and have no interest in this.

I suppose that's what makes people great how different they can be.

Yeah I get that completely. I think it might just be bow and arrows that I’m not fussed with. I like open world games but they’re all quite samey (and so is far cry). But I like games where humans are the enemies for the most part.

If midnight launches were still a thing, I’d be at my local store right now ready to pick it up. Instead have to wait till 11am in the morning to go and collect it.

Yeah I get that completely. I think it might just be bow and arrows that I’m not fussed with. I like open world games but they’re all quite samey (and so is far cry). But I like games where humans are the enemies for the most part.
My issue was with how the story traversed.
I don’t care for multiple question or choice.

I’m much in the preference of cut scenes having a cinematic experience.

Got through to the first boss. Very hand holdy tutorial but I suppose they have to assume there'll be a large amount of players who pick this up who never played the original.

Promising signs so far though. The game looks stunning, even in performance mode. The animation on the first boss is amazing and I can't wait to see the new enemies.

I feel you with the human enemies, sick to death of zombies / infected / superhuman bollocks. Just easy kills is fine with me, not arsed about a boss having 7 billion health and 4 different forms.

Machines in horizon felt quite fresh for me, different ways to take them down. It's not just a bow and arrow, catapults, bombs, trip wires, and apparently the melee has increased in this one.

The machines never change on strength really, you just become more aware how each machine moves and how to take them down. Plus upgraded equipment actually makes a difference.

Think there is even sorta like gun things. (You can blow pieces off machines then use them against them).

I also took a few attempts to get into horizon, but once I did I couldn't put it down.

Edit: not trying to tell you to play it btw :lol: just some things you may have not encountered early on.

Finally able to download the PS5 version.

Looks gorgeous, 'played' around 10-15 mins last night. 11 hours or so till I can get properly stuck in...

I'm so torn about this. I'd really like to play it on PS5 (even more PC, but that's years away for sure), but it's impossible to get here. Komplett.no, the largest online store for these kinds of things, has still not finished sending out pre-orders. I guess it might be available suddenly. I just don't know if I can handle playing it at 30 fps and mediocre graphics on the PS4, I'm used to 144 fps these days, with a great PC.
Just get it digitally?

I’m guessing the post won’t be on today so I’m going to have to wait :(

I tried to play 10-15 mins this morning after Nightshift, I'm now 3 hours deep :lol:

Writing is still a bit iffy imo. Like massively cheesy :lol:
Does everyone still look like they’ve had a massive face lift? Or is there any personality in their faces now?

Does everyone still look like they’ve had a massive face lift? Or is there any personality in their faces now?

Facelifts for sure still, not as wax doll as the first one though, not really met too many people yet.

They do appear to have more personality in their faces for the characters I've met so far.

Played a couple of hours this morning, ended up sticking with performance mode. Quality mode is pretty juddery, like the motion blur is off or something.

The first boss is cool, but due to my lack of skill I just brute forced it. Also, looked a few times and never had the opportunity to manually save (though it said you would be able to at the beginning) and I don't trust rest mode.

There's a little jankiness and maybe bugs (points of interest don't always trigger Aloy's comments) but it's pretty good so far.

Played a couple of hours this morning, ended up sticking with performance mode. Quality mode is pretty juddery, like the motion blur is off or something.

The first boss is cool, but due to my lack of skill I just brute forced it. Also, looked a few times and never had the opportunity to manually save (though it said you would be able to at the beginning) and I don't trust rest mode.

There's a little jankiness and maybe bugs (points of interest don't always trigger Aloy's comments) but it's pretty good so far.

Thats just the disgusting realisation of how truly awful 30fps is any game you can switch them on the fly instantly shows just how dreadful it is. :lol:

Played about an hour.

1st impressions - visually beautiful and smooth. First boss fight was fun.

Looking forward to playing some more tonight and over the weekend.

Just bought it in GameStop. Now gotta wait 5 hours to install it. Ah I miss the days you put in the disc and start playing.

The game feels so much more fluid than the first. Obviously 60fps helps massively but so far I think the performance has been good.

I also like the elemental weaknesses on the enemies. Causing a chain reaction with an arrow or two feels really satisfying.