Gaming Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/PS5)

Guerrilla's games have always suffered from that Killzone had the potential to be incredible but they could never nail the storytelling when they had everything else in place.

What games do that outside of Witcher though? Pretty standard open world stuff to be honest, but fun gameplay in a cool setting which is about as much as you can hope for with most open world games. Similar to the new Spiderman game.
Well it's not quite open worlds but i remember Baldur, Freya and 'boy' from GOW, and Dorian and Bull from Dragon Age Inquisition. I do remember more of the character outlines form GoT (the conservative uncle, the thief, the villain). Sounds bad but i don't remember anything other than Aloy from this series. You're right overall though: Non-linear open world games do suffer unless they have exceptionally strong characters/scenarios.

Trying to get through the first game and whilst the graphics are amazing the story/mechanics are pretty lacklustre so far (about 5 hours in)
It was a really good game. Gorgeous visuals and I found the combat to be fun. I wouldn't consider it among the best of the generation as the story became a bit generic and the gameplay look got old eventually but I'd put among the best open world games of this past generation (behind RDR2 and of course numero uno Witcher 3). Ahead of Spiderman and definitely ahead of Ghosts of Tsushima.

Well it's not quite open worlds but i remember Baldur, Freya and 'boy' from GOW, and Dorian and Bull from Dragon Age Inquisition. I do remember more of the character outlines form GoT (the conservative uncle, the thief, the villain). Sounds bad but i don't remember anything other than Aloy from this series. You're right overall though: Non-linear open world games do suffer unless they have exceptionally strong characters/scenarios.
God of War is on an entirely different level. In the top tier of this generation and possibly in my all time top 10. But it wasn't truly open world. These semi open world or smaller open worlds are something I absolutely love though.

I guess I'm going to miss out on this. I downloaded HZD at the weekend and I still can't get into it. I still find Aloy an annoying character and Dinobots just don't seem to float my boat.

It's a weird one. I really liked the original but then downloaded the DLC much later and couldn't get back into it at all so not sure how I feel about this. I kind of want it but there's loads of great games dropping next month so I'm tempted to hold off.

Obviously if it drops with ridiculous reviews all bets are off the table.

I guess I'm going to miss out on this. I downloaded HZD at the weekend and I still can't get into it. I still find Aloy an annoying character and Dinobots just don't seem to float my boat.
Yeah I'll start it again when the new one comes out. I've started it twice, found it really interesting first time out and it looks great but gets boring after a while.

Yeah I'll start it again when the new one comes out. I've started it twice, found it really interesting first time out and it looks great but gets boring after a while.
Yes, I agree. I'll grab it at some point no doubt but there's so many exciting titles on their way. Elden Ring, GT7, Forespoken and Sifu.

The first one was my favourite game on the PS4.

They'd want to release some more PS5's fairly sharpish so I can get this day one.

I struggled the first couple times I tried to play it, gave up after a few hours but the third time I couldn't put it down

I struggled the first couple times I tried to play it, gave up after a few hours but the third time I couldn't put it down
I think as most open world type games they start off a bit too slow.

The Witcher had a similar issue. Once you start unlocking all the abilities/skills and fighting the big robots it really kicks up a gear.

The contrast of colours is going to look brilliant on quality tv's :devil:

Do I want to watch this or am I better off leaving it?

Is it full of spoilers like?
I watched it and it looked cool but i barely remember any of the original game's story or characters :lol: I'd probably just wait if you're worried about spoilers as it's not long now.

I'm looking forward to this. Should be fun. Damn next month is going to be a blast with the games coming out.

I watched it and it looked cool but i barely remember any of the original game's story or characters :lol: I'd probably just wait if you're worried about spoilers as it's not long now.

I'm looking forward to this. Should be fun. Damn next month is going to be a blast with the games coming out.
I recognize the faces but I have no idea who these characters were or what they did. In the original I found the central mystery about the world and its history that you slowly unravel really interesting and well told, but if I had one criticism it's that the stories in the current time (in-game) and characters were pretty dull. I hope that's much improved in this game.

I recognize the faces but I have no idea who these characters were or what they did. In the original I found the central mystery about the world and its history that you slowly unravel really interesting and well told, but if I had one criticism it's that the stories in the current time (in-game) and characters were pretty dull. I hope that's much improved in this game.
Felt exactly the same. As people have said on here, sometimes it is hard to make an open world game with standout characters. If they wanna make the jump from a very good 8 out of 10 game to a 9 or 10 then i hope i feel something a bit stronger for the characters this time. Here's hoping and i'm pretty optimistic it'll be good at any rate.

I'm really considering getting HZD for PC and replaying it there, with my Xbox controller. I've got it on PS4, but I am sure it will both look and run better on my current PC. That way I'm prepared for this one.

I've actually been considering the same for God of War, which I never finished on PS4 for various reasons.

I'm really considering getting HZD for PC and replaying it there, with my Xbox controller. I've got it on PS4, but I am sure it will both look and run better on my current PC. That way I'm prepared for this one.

I've actually been considering the same for God of War, which I never finished on PS4 for various reasons.

It's fixed these days, so does run much better. Though you really should try it on keyboard/mouse too, it elevates the combat.

Sounds like its going to be another 85+ playstation great, look forward to it, with this and elden ring a week or so later it finally feels this generation might be getting started properly!

Not sure why I'm even excited about this releasing, I don't have a PS5 yet. I have a standard PS4, but I don't think that's the way to go here.
It will still look fantastic on last gen, albeit at 30 instead of 60fps

Sounds like its going to be another 85+ playstation great, look forward to it, with this and elden ring a week or so later it finally feels this generation might be getting started properly!

Think it will hit 90. Be very close if not.

Looks class.

This wont be a Cyberpunk scenario, this will also look and play great on the PS4.

Anyone recommend an online retailer which delivers early?

Always switched around between TheGameCollection and Shopto they used to always get it to me a day early, i've been stuck in the digital world (PC games) for ages so its been a long while since i got a physical release.

I will likely end up paying for the digital version, even if I may need to pay alittle more.

I put in the Mile Morales physical copy in my PS5 last night and the machine sounded like it wanted to take off !
I don't hear a peep off my PS5 when I'm running digital games.