View full 2016-17 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great performance. More of the same, Mkhi.

Great to see him getting involved and playing so well, I thought he was only marginally edged out for MOTM by Rooney. Excellent, had he been able to cap that great run early in the 2nd half off with a goal (it was a foul) he really would have made his mark. Encouraging, to say the least.

Even though he's one of the few, ever dwindling players in said squad to have actually won the CL? Created a goal in the final, no less!....In fact created or scored a goal in every final he's ever played, including one for us, and the winner in this very competition? (I bring this up a lot, cos it's a really, really great stat, innit?)

Eitherway, wrong thread. Mkhis pretty good though, ain't he?

Mkhi was excellent, really hope he does well here. Now there is a player whom if utilised correctly and given freedom to do his stuff, could grace any side in this league IMO..

as a 10, or in a free role.. he's one of the finest talents in the world when he is up for it - talent wise he is ridiculous.

As to your first point, yes even though he has won the CL.. he would not get in Barca/Real sides, or the current City/Liverpool/Chelsea sides as a undisputed starter.

Everyone's standards have dropped, he's a good guy, he's clearly a good player.. but tactically, he isn't the type of player we need to be a really top top side. We shall see in the long term, I hope I am proven wrong and that Mata is the type of guy who can lead us to title wins if we surround him with the right players but I fear Jose will utilise him as a squad player/occasional starter once we buy more and more players.

Mata has been good this season but as to whether I am wrong on Mata.. we shall see in the long term.

My argument has always been for us to return to CL winning ways and win the EPL, Mata wouldn't be in my first XI. I still stick by that statement even though he's one of the best players in the current squad.
You do realize Mata has won a CL with Chelsea while being their best player? We need a change in mentality and style. Chucking money at the problem to buy a new team isn't the solution.

You do know Mata has won the CL don't you and was his team's player of the year?

Yes, fully aware of that. Just because someone has won the CL once, doesn't mean they have it in them to win it again.

Right here, right now.. based on what I have seen of him over the years and even taking into account his upturn in form.. I don't think when we do eventually win the league, he'll be part of the starting lineup.

He simply must start. Rashford and Martial are still young and they're both having a slight case of "second season syndrome". Let them come on from the bench against tired legs for now.

--------- Carrick -------
-- Herrera - Pogba --
Mata - Zlatan - Micky

We break the bank for a world class DM to replace Carrick in the summer, and let Rashford and Martial continue as impact subs. They'll still get more than enough playtime to evolve as players. Zlatan will leave in 2 years, so hopefully at least one of them will be ready to step up by then.

Good game from the lad. I hope Jose will give him some games in the PL now especially since Rashford out wide doesn't confince me at all I'd much rather see him getting a few starts and Rashford being rotated with Zlatan again.

Looks awful so far. Slow, of body and mind... No idea what's going on.
I'm not really seeing it... His touch was generally nice, but he didn't do all that much.

Nice to see him playing though. Certainly nowhere near motm for me today, but decent. Here's hoping he gets a few games now, and shows a bit more.
Well in your opinion he went from awful to decent very quickly which is impressive.

People can say all they want about the opposition, but his quality is easy to see. Really hope he starts on the weekend, to build on today. Having him and Mata linking with Pogba and Ibra gives us basically 4 players who are world class on their day.

Mata has been good this season but as to whether I am wrong on Mata.. we shall see in the long term.

My argument has always been for us to return to CL winning ways and win the EPL, Mata wouldn't be in my first XI. I still stick by that statement even though he's one of the best players in the current squad.

The saying "learn to walk before you run" rings a bell here

You do realize Mata has won a CL with Chelsea while being their best player? We need a change in mentality and style. Chucking money at the problem to buy a new team isn't the solution.

We don't need to 'chuck' money at big names. Just about finding or developing players with the right attributes to play title winning football.

Pace, strength, endurance, technique, winning mentality.. we need I-XI to have that. Right now, I see weak links all over the pitch in key positions and the team needs an overhaul.

A win over Feyenoord, doesn't gloss over the cracks. It was a great win, enjoy it but bloody hell you can't be telling me that this team hasn't demonstrated time and time again that it is flawed and needs lots of work to it.

The saying "learn to walk before you run" rings a bell here

Good point and which is why he is a valuable member of the team at this moment in time. He's not dispensable just yet. He can be key in getting us to top 4 or winning Europa. My argument is that there is a ceiling to what we can achieve with him in the side.

Such a great player, if only the players around him were quick enough to react to his decision making.

Yes, fully aware of that. Just because someone has won the CL once, doesn't mean they have it in them to win it again.

Right here, right now.. based on what I have seen of him over the years and even taking into account his upturn in form.. I don't think when we do eventually win the league, he'll be part of the starting lineup.
Going by that way of thinking, except for DDG, Pogba & maybe Bailly & Shaw, none of them will be around to win the league. Either because they aren't good enough or are too old

We don't need to 'chuck' money at big names. Just about finding or developing players with the right attributes to play title winning football.

Pace, strength, endurance, technique, winning mentality.. we need I-XI to have that. Right now, I see weak links all over the pitch in key positions and the team needs an overhaul.
Again, to get a good title winning squad with correct qualities, you would need higher ups to plan ahead. These weak links in our play isn't the players' own fault. If it were, then let us just sell everyone and buy Barcelona. Nobody in the squad would be good enough except a few players. For now, the management has to take responsibility.

But, I digress. On topic, Mkhitaryan has played well. I hope he starts vs West Ham

Some of his 1 touch play and movement off the ball is just superb. Seems to be a real confidence kinda player so hopefully a few performances like that and with the fans behind him he'll turn into the beast we all hoped for.

He was decent in the first half but really exploded in the second, great to see, hopefully his confidence will build off this game.

He has also been really poor. There may be a reason Jose wanted to hide him from the spotlight and let him get comfortable with his teammates before bringing him out on display. You simply don't know.
He only ever got cameos and generally minimal minutes. Not enough to conclude that he is poor. Thats just being realistic in a football sense.

I'm not really seeing it... His touch was generally nice, but he didn't do all that much.

Nice to see him playing though. Certainly nowhere near motm for me today, but decent. Here's hoping he gets a few games now, and shows a bit more.
His involvement creates space and time for others. Its obvious if you look for it.
Chances are high that if the opposition players were asked which player was causing them the most trouble, it would be Mkhi.
Hence, the Bundesliga Players Player of the year award.

He was decent in the first half but really exploded in the second, great to see, hopefully his confidence will build off this game.

I give Mou the benefit of the doubt when it comes to a lot of things but right now, for me Mkhi has to be thrown straight back into the ring and allowed to go for it.

As simple as it sounds, having players like Mkhitaryan, Herrera & Lingard giving short passes and keeping themselves moving... :drool:

I give Mou the benefit of the doubt when it comes to a lot of things but right now, for me Mkhi has to be thrown straight back into the ring and allowed to go for it.

I agree but my guess is Herrera will come back in on Saturday and Mkhitaryan will be the one dropped rather than Captain Carling.

Still baffles me how the defender who brought him down was not carded.
Mkhi was off balance as he dodged the first defender. Can see why the ref didn't give it as it would have been a red and realistically he fell because of his own fault rather than the touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.