Television Harry Potter TV series

Just go Panto for the whole thing. Invert all genders. 50% of actors were previously the opposite sex, but still play their birth sex.

The ginger cnuts head would pop off.
The Weasleys are surely the only ones they can’t touch.

The whole ‘red hair, hand me down robes…’ line and many references in the books suddenly become very racist if they cast a brown lad. Especially with that comment coming from a blonde rich white kid.

many references in the books suddenly become very racist

She named the only East Asian character Cho Chang, the only black character Shacklebolt and the first time we're introduced to an Irish character he tries to turn the water into alcohol and can't help but keep blowing things up...

Used to hate the films but I enjoy them now. In fact I prefer them over LOTR. Sure, Jackson's trilogy is a far better cinematic experience but Harry Potter is more fun and light hearted...it's a series fo kuds afterall. And it doesn't take itself too seriously...it also has more rounded characters.

Last edited:
This should’ve been an animation.

A tv show would have to be filmed rather fast, so the actors don’t age out. None of that 2 year breaks between seasons that’s standard now.

No real school for any of these children, I suppose.

Well for a start, their is more black characters than Shacklebot, and their is more Asian, specifically East Asians than Cho Chang

Aha, I was lied to then. I was told that Shacklebolt was the only character from the book described as black etc.

Well for a start, their is more black characters than Shacklebot, and their are more Asian, specifically East Asians than Cho Chang
Who? The only other characters with Asian backgrounds I can remember would be those twins with Indian sounding names, but then again I haven't read the books in decades.

Used to hate the films but I enjoy them now. In fact I prefer them over LOTR. Sure, Jackson's trilogy is a far better cinematic experience but Harry Potter is more fun and light hearted...it's a series fo kuds afterall. And it doesn't take itself too seriously...and has more rounded characters.

The adult characters in Harry Potter are all fantastic. Helped that they managed to get some superb British actors but they really help elevate the films.

On top of that I think the nature of the films gradually getting darker helps too. I find the first film a bit unwatchable. But 2 onwards are fantastic.

I assume this is excellent sarcasm.
It really isn’t. There’s absolutely nothing in these books that could be interpreted in a transphobic manner. We can criticise her conservatism and the unfortunate portrayal of some minorities. But those are mostly things that can be criticised about most fantasy literature.
I very much think that quite a lot of criticism directed towards her writing is rather far fetched because people rightfully despise her and want to be the ones who knew all along. And personally I don’t feel like there were any serious signs towards her descend into madness, that were visible beforehand.

It really isn’t. There’s absolutely nothing in these books that could be interpreted in a transphobic manner. We can criticise her conservatism and the unfortunate portrayal of some minorities. But those are mostly things that can be criticised about most fantasy literature.
I very much think that quite a lot of criticism directed towards her writing is rather far fetched because people rightfully despise her and want to be the ones who knew all along. And personally I don’t feel like there were any serious signs towards her descend into madness, that were visible beforehand.
100%. The books seemed to be about love triumphing over evil, with a wide variety of heroes and villains. I could not have imagined her turn to full on transphobe and it still stuns me to this day.

Would we all agree that Hogwartz and the wizarding world were great strokes of genius world building but the actual story is a bit shite?

Would we all agree that Hogwartz and the wizarding world were great strokes of genius world building but the actual story is a bit shite?
Rowling’s strength as a writer was definitely coming up with an interesting new world, and small creative plot devices. The story in it’s entirety is riddled with plot holes, and I think she probably made a lot of it up as she went along, rather than having it outlined from the beginning.

Im looking forward to it, i was always really annoyed at the stuff that was left out or changed so hopefully the series will follow the books more closely

I just hope they go super dark on this rendition. Kinda like if they were to take the original telling of the Grimm fairy tales instead of the Disney version.

I never read the books, but weren't they much darker toward the end than the movies were?

I just hope they go super dark on this rendition. Kinda like if they were to take the original telling of the Grimm fairy tales instead of the Disney version.

I never read the books, but weren't they much darker toward the end than the movies were?

I wouldn't say much darker, but obviously as books the story was more broad and there were a lot of sub plots that were never explored in the movies.

As a fan of the books they are far far better than movies, especially the last one as that movie or 2 movies were easily the worst ones.

I wouldn't say much darker, but obviously as books the story was more broad and there were a lot of sub plots that were never explored in the movies.

As a fan of the books they are far far better than movies, especially the last one as that movie or 2 movies were easily the worst ones.
Gotcha. Wasn't at least Voldemort intended to be much more menacing than how he was portrayed in the movies tho?

Gotcha. Wasn't at least Voldemort intended to be much more menacing than how he was portrayed in the movies tho?
Physically, yes he was. In the books he’s farther from looking human, and has red snakelike eyes and stuff. In the movies, he just has no nose and looks sleep deprived.

Rowling’s strength as a writer was definitely coming up with an interesting new world, and small creative plot devices. The story in it’s entirety is riddled with plot holes, and I think she probably made a lot of it up as she went along, rather than having it outlined from the beginning.
The Elder wand in particular was a contrived lineage.

Physically, yes he was. In the books he’s farther from looking human, and has red snakelike eyes and stuff. In the movies, he just has no nose and looks sleep deprived.
:lol::lol:

Its always bothered me that he didnt look as scary as i imagined.

The Elder wand in particular was a contrived lineage.
Also, there’s no fecking way that the diary in Chamber of Secret was meant to be a horcrux from the beginning. If that was the case, Voldemort just gave part of his soul away freely to a little girl who was in close proximity to his most powerful adversary that could have found out about it.

Also, there’s no fecking way that the diary in Chamber of Secret was meant to be a horcrux from the beginning. If that was the case, Voldemort just gave part of his soul away freely to a little girl who was in close proximity to his most powerful adversary that could have found out about it.
He didnt give it to Ginny, he gave it to Lucius Malfoy who was one of his most trusted followers.

He wasn't aware what it was, just that it would do something horrible I believe.