Gun control

Anecdotal tale;

my niece has just gone to high school or whatever it’s called, in Atlanta

first day there is a fight over a friendly game of scrimmage on the playing fields. It spills over and 15 shots are fired at someone’s car. During lunch break apparently the shooter was going to make an entrance but instead had a load of cops and the kids trying to eat their lunch.

this is a few days into returning to school
:(

Can only imagine what that does with kids who were already anxious about the return / school in general.

You know when you say to yourself, "This is America, nothing will shock me any more about them..."? FFS!!! I may actually wish physical harm on these bloodsucking lawyers!
I was hoping maybe it's a sensational headline, and that there's some sort of reasoning behind it. But no, it's just outright bastardry.

I was hoping maybe it's a sensational headline, and that there's some sort of reasoning behind it. But no, it's just outright bastardry.

I wonder what they're going to argue, "Little Jimmy said a bad word in period 3 English so he deserved to die"???

Absolute pustules on the arse of humanity!

The obvious solution is give everyone a gun.

Winning_Strategy.jpg

Why does the blonde have two guns pointed at her?
Why does the guy on the extreme right have no gun pointed at him? This is very un-American.

It is Texas and she's pregnant and want's an abortion and white dude is uhm... a white guy?

I wonder what they're going to argue, "Little Jimmy said a bad word in period 3 English so he deserved to die"???

Absolute pustules on the arse of humanity!

It is bastardy, lawyer bastardry. There's very high chances it's used in damages assessment. Meaning that they'll try to show that little Sophia had bad grades, meaning that the likeliness of her having a good life was low, hence the fact that her life is worth $100k and not 150k like little David who had good grades.

So it would basically be used to put a pricetag on a human life. It's sad but this is the kind of arguments often used in insurance cases when there was physical/moral injuries. We use this information as an indicator of the lifetime earning power of a person to project what could be calculated at trial or in settlement negotiations (thanks god I'm usually on the right side of this kind of cases).

It is bastardy, lawyer bastardry. There's very high chances it's used in damages assessment. Meaning that they'll try to show that little Sophia had bad grades, meaning that the likeliness of her having a good life was low, hence the fact that her life is worth $100k and not 150k like little David who had good grades.

So it would basically be used to put a pricetag on a human life. It's sad but this is the kind of arguments often used in insurance cases when there was physical/moral injuries. We use this information as an indicator of the lifetime earning power of a person to project what could be calculated at trial or in settlement negotiations (thanks god I'm usually on the right side of this kind of cases).
That's fecking horrific.

That's fecking horrific.

Yeah, in cases like that it is. It goes both way though. When you represent the plaintiff, you also use that to get more money. For exemple, I used the fact that one of my client, who's now handicapped, was a huge football fan and had chances to have a decent carreer to get more damages to compensate for the fact that not playing football anymore caused him deep moral injuries on top of the loss of earning power.

Last edited:
America is screwed. But if I lived there I would rather have a gun to protect my home then not.
Does that stance not make it worse? Even more guns…
I’ve lived here 30+ years (Christ!) and have yet to see a gun shot in anger, thankfully.
I’m not scared of my house being attacked - maybe I should? I don’t know.

I do live here and do not, and will never, own a gun. Evil things with a singular purpose of existence.
A gun is an inanimate object. Evil people existed and were doing evil things long before the gun was created.. don’t get me wrong if I lived in a high gun ownership low crime rate country like Switzerland I’d feel no need or interest for having a firearm in the house.

A gun is an inanimate object. Evil people existed and were doing evil things long before the gun was created.. don’t get me wrong if I lived in a high gun ownership low crime rate country like Switzerland I’d feel no need or interest for having a firearm in the house.

Agreed, humans have shown they are incapable of not being absolute cnuts. Guns may be inanimate objects, but they are objects that were invented and evolved to be as efficient as possible in killing the greatest number of people possible. Remove the guns from the equation and while people still will be bastards they will be bastard who can't gun down 20+ children in a school.

Agreed, humans have shown they are incapable of not being absolute cnuts. Guns may be inanimate objects, but they are objects that were invented and evolved to be as efficient as possible in killing the greatest number of people possible. Remove the guns from the equation and while people still will be bastards they will be bastard who can't gun down 20+ children in a school.

Very true. Although, while they exist in the 100s of millions in the USA, criminalising them at this time will leave law abiding people at a serious disadvantage.

Articles on police fooling the next school massacre.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/...ers-arrested-school-shooting-plot/8314765002/
Teenagers accused of plotting 'next Parkland massacre' at Florida middle school

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/09/10/us/florida-lee-county-arrests-school-shooting-plot/index.html
Two Florida middle school students arrested in alleged school shooting plot, says sheriff

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/09/13/us/florida-middle-school-shooting-plot/index.html
2 Florida middle school students arrested in alleged school shooting plot tried to recruit fellow students to participate

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending...g-plot-defend-son/E2K4676I5FFAFPLLONYSFJBFHQ/
‘It was a BB gun’: Parents of Florida boy arrested in school shooting plot defend son

Today I learned this is available for public purchase in the US.

I give you the anzio 20mm rifle.

wbz5i5prqdv71.jpg

Marketed as a "civilian-minded anti-material rifle". It has a range of almost 3 miles.

20mm weapons are typically used against large targets such as vehicles, buildings, or aircraft.

I mean, I'm sure you need a bucket of cash and have to jump through a few hoops to get one, but still :eek:

wbz5i5prqdv71.jpg

Marketed as a "civilian-minded anti-material rifle". It has a range of almost 3 miles.

20mm weapons are typically used against large targets such as vehicles, buildings, or aircraft.

I mean, I'm sure you need a bucket of cash and have to jump through a few hoops to get one, but still :eek:

Only 12 grand apparently. Not that much all things considered. Now you can finally protect yourself and your family from the tyranny of the communists in Washington.

Evidently, each round is about $30, though, that may be the most prohibitive thing about it.

Only 12 grand apparently. Not that much all things considered. Now you can finally protect yourself and your family from the tyranny of the communists in Washington.

Evidently, each round is about $30, though, that may be the most prohibitive thing about it.

How many shots through a presidential motorcade would you need though :confused:

3 round mags, say you reload, what? 3 times?

I thought the flame thrower for the civilian market, I discovered a few years ago, would be the maddest weapon available in America, America said "hold my beer!"

How many shots through a presidential motorcade would you need though :confused:

3 round mags, say you reload, what? 3 times?

I thought the flame thrower for the civilian market, I discovered a few years ago, would be the maddest weapon available in America, America said "hold my beer!"

51Uo0sSYtpL._AC_.jpg

wbz5i5prqdv71.jpg

I've shot a Barrett M82 which looks similar to that howitzer, but it was only .50 caliber. That thing is a beast.

"Civilian-minded anti-material rifle.' :lol: