Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

Have heard the the assassination missions in single player have been nerfed - the companies' values don't rise / rebound as much as they did on last-gen. Meaning finishing the game with a couple of billion per character is not going to be possible to do.

Granted, never needed that much money, but was nice to have it :)

Are all these screens on PC? It looks better on ps4 than last gen for sure but nowhere near the quality of the pics floating about.

It can look stunning at times, but not all of the time. Here's some photos I've taken myself on the PS4 version.
o26KonPYI0uujWvUSq3zfw_0_0.jpg

spqS_OLo4kyQ9nB4qINwvw_0_0.jpg

1QsF1eCwQU2Eao9WkFKlhw_0_0.jpg

CeTBCjFwaEi2HxacvwRfkQ_0_0.jpg

I would - I guess it depends how much you will play online.

But the changes are impressive enough to warrant picking it up, IMO.

This thread just made me buy this, I didn't plan for this.

Ah well GTA tonight :drool:

I'm not really noticing it looking like that while playing

The snapmatic images have dof and filters, that's what makes them standout.

In my bad sport gta life, I've spent time travelling through the map and looking at the landscape. Some might say sad, but honestly it's worth it. The detail you see miles ahead of you is ridiculous, and the textures they've added to the hills/mountains, plants, grass and even the weather is pretty impressive.

What's more is when the next one comes out, they'll probably improve it all even more. I'd its a leap as large as Vice City to San Andreas, it'll be incredible.

Still not managed to get online much, don't fancy playing with randoms when I'm such a low level and none of you guys ever seem to be on when I am.

Still not managed to get online much, don't fancy playing with randoms when I'm such a low level and none of you guys ever seem to be on when I am.

Will be online this eve - so will shout if I see you online (what's your PSN?)

EDIT - just saw your post in the other thread...

God I love that radio station with the talk shows. Has me chuckling at some of the lines in there :lol:

God I love that radio station with the talk shows. Has me chuckling at some of the lines in there :lol:
I was listening last night after one of the early jobs and a news report came on and said something along the lines of "police have responded by flying helicopters over minority neighbourhoods for extensive periods of the night" :lol:

Has anyone who was eligible managed to get their online cash bonus for pre-ordering the game?

Regarding the visuals I had to mess around with my tv settings a lot to get the game looking right. It had a weird shimmer (don't know the technical term :lol:) to it which I've gotten rid of mostly. Think it's just the amount of detail and sharpness made it look weird on my normal settings. I'd say it's almost in cinema mode now. Just thinking that's possibly why the photos are looking better with the effects on them? :confused:

'kinell I don't think I can hold out... daydreaming here about cruising around listening to FlyLo in first person with next gen graphics... but I've just got DA:I, I'm still into destiny and I've got Alien to play thru too...

I think I should avoid this thread for a while...

Just got it today, going to play the hell out of it during the weekend. The fact that it had beaten Far Cry, new Assassins Creed and Dragon Age despite the fact I have already completed it on a PS3 is testament to how good GTA is. :drool:

Regarding the visuals I had to mess around with my tv settings a lot to get the game looking right. It had a weird shimmer (don't know the technical term :lol:) to it which I've gotten rid of mostly. Think it's just the amount of detail and sharpness made it look weird on my normal settings. I'd say it's almost in cinema mode now. Just thinking that's possibly why the photos are looking better with the effects on them? :confused:

Its the AA (anti-aliasing) the game uses. AA is a technique used to get rid of sharp edges on distanced objects. The shimmering is an effect of that which is prevalent when moving around. That's why screenshots will look better.

The snapmatic images have dof and filters, that's what makes them standout.

I didn't use filters on the ones above you and I wouldn't have bothered taking those photos if they didn't look as good as that. They actually did look amazing in-game. It doesn't always look as good as that though, I suppose it depends on where you are/the angle you are taking the photo.

Its the AA (anti-aliasing) the game uses. AA is a technique used to get rid of sharp edges on distanced objects. The shimmering is an effect of that which is prevalent when moving around. That's why screenshots will look better.

Ok cool thanks for clearing it up. Like I say I messed around with the TV and it looks better/less apparent now.

Bought it today for PS4, haven't played it before so I'm kind of like a kid on christmas morning at the moment.

Wish I hadn't played it before. Much better on the new consoles!

Edit: anyone found killer whales yet? I came across a shark but thats it so far.

Wish I hadn't played it before. Much better on the new consoles!

Edit: anyone found killer whales yet? I came across a shark but thats it so far.

ps4? gay

Last edited:
I might be missing something very obvious here...but while my SP player game autosaves, I don't have the option to create a new save game. In the pause menu, under game, I only have options to Load or New game, not to save.

I remember being able to save anytime on PS3...

I might be missing something very obvious here...but while my SP player game autosaves, I don't have the option to create a new save game. In the pause menu, under game, I only have options to Load or New game, not to save.

I remember being able to save anytime on PS3...
It's on your characters phone.

Open phone, it's left of centre.