Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Messed a bit with TV settings to make picture from my PS4 slighty dimmer and sharper, God does it look beautiful now. Not at the level of AC Unity but still very, very good and it runs smoothly.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Played to about 50% on the ps3, then the ps4 came out so left this game and played new gen stuff.
Just got this today, again, fecking installed for an hour. Trying to find out where my saved game data is. You only get the fecking online data, not the story data, got to play through the fecking thing again.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
I dont know if it is just me but I think this turned out a bit underwhelming. The 2 best Gta games are set in a differant era so why did they go back to back modern day for the last 2 games? I would gladly take 80s Vice City again for Gta VI.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
I dont know if it is just me but I think this turned out a bit underwhelming. The 2 best Gta games are set in a differant era so why did they go back to back modern day for the last 2 games? I would gladly take 80s Vice City again for Gta VI.
The sheer scale and life of the game completely blew me away and for that alone it was the best game of the past generation.

But story wise it's pretty crap. The rehashing of some good bits from old movies(There's a difference between paying homage to the movies you liked and just stealing from them)wouldn't be too big of a problem unless you've being doing since 2002, which they have (Vice City).The old ones got way with this slightly as they were covered in nostalgia and the low exceptions of gamers at the time. Something the newer don't have and rightly so.It's been a good 10+ years and it hasn't moved on since Vice City.(GTA 4 did try something interesting although failing)

Having said all of that I do have sympathy for them as sandbox games do seem to have a tendency to struggle with story pacing.

The character are where my problems are really. Their just not that good.

Trevor is the stand out but he so unlikeable or in other words such a massive cnut that I didn't care what happens to him or what was going to happen to him as the likely out come was he was going to do something cnuty(Which he did because he's a cnut)

Michael is every character from every gangster movie that isn't The Godfather, YES WE GET IT YOUR TOO OLD FOR THIS !!!!.

And Franklin(CJ 2.0) is the bog standard GTA character who's been around since well forever and the only one with some self awareness but also can't stop mentioning this fact.

Like the storyline the character haven't moved on at all since Vice City. In fact Vice City Stories(PSP) had a great character lead story where you have a relationship with some lady who's husband used to beat her up. It actually had a bit of a arc, something GTA 5 doesn't even attempt.

So after that long list of reasons to why I hate the game.

I actually enjoyed it.

p.s. the soundtrack is shite.

Last edited:

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Thanks for reply @Sweet Square.

Dont get me wrong the detail have put into this world is staggering and completely blows away ever other sandbox game. It just sort of feels like there isnt much going on at the same time. Maybe I am remembering the it wrong or it was just because I was younger at the time but there felt like there was tons to do in throughout the game and I got lost in the game world more in VC & SA. I also think the map layout isnt as good as either of those games but that could just be me.

You are correct on the characters. Trevor is brilliant but Franklin and Michael aren't really developed that much and are rather uninteresting as a result. The story and the main theme of heist doesn't fully commit either and doesn't become memorable as a result. I have tried to replay the missions on the next get update but I end up doing about 2 before getting bored.
I definitely think Gta works best set in a famous past era where they capture the vibe so well and offer great escapism in there amazing world they create with better soundtracks to boot. VC and SA offered this and I really hope they go back to something similar but sadly with the focus they now give online I cant see it because of the part new technology plays in online.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Looking forward to finally playing this at a somewhat modern resolution & framerate. Only 6 days left to go!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I loved it, I don't think the story was bad - it was all right, nothing spectacular but I don't expect more from these games, you can hardly pull a TLOU story in there - it's supposed to be quirky, funny and a bit brutal.

Online is something else though. I've put 45 hours into it already on new gen and it's more than I've devoted to any game other than FIFA in a while (combined with past generation and single player it's well, well over 100 hours), there's so much stuff to do and the world design is spectacular. I find myself free roaming a lot, even turning console on for 10-15 minutes to just have a drive and look around. I think to an extent I live in that world these days. :lol:

I'll play and finish single again on new generation anyway, just need to find time - probably somewhere around holiday. Brilliant game IMO and matched my expectations, a year and a half from launch and it still feels incredibly fresh. I wonder what they're going to do with 6. I think they'll release Red Dead Redemption 2 within the next 18 months which would be spectacular.

Ekeke

I preloaded it on steam, having never played it on console. Hope its good, else I'll never play it as mortal kombat is coming out at the same time

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Played it on PS3 and the jaggies were jarring. Great game though, which is why I'm picking up the PC (mods!) version.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Cause they had about 4 or 5 delays till now. :)

It will be 60 gb? My god.

I hope there will be some good torrent. :D
Hehe, well yeah - but this close to release the game has been completed for a while.

Wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a crack. IIRC it took ages to properly crack GTA4, and I believe that GTA5 uses the same system as FIFA15 (Denuvo), which still hasn't been cracked properly. On top of that, it uses R* Social Club and Steam for the steam-version.

The size:

Edit: Apparently it doesn't use Denuvo!

Last edited:

Mali_Zeus

Hehe, well yeah - but this close to release the game has been completed for a while.

Wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a crack. IIRC it took ages to properly crack GTA4, and I believe that GTA5 uses the same system as FIFA15 (Denuvo), which still hasn't been cracked properly. On top of that, it uses R* Social Club and Steam for the steam-version.

The size:

Edit: Apparently it doesn't use Denuvo!
Maybe I'll buy it although it will probably be around 50 pounds here.

Mali_Zeus

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
The sheer scale and life of the game completely blew me away and for that alone it was the best game of the past generation.

But story wise it's pretty crap. The rehashing of some good bits from old movies(There's a difference between paying homage to the movies you liked and just stealing from them)wouldn't be too big of a problem unless you've being doing since 2002, which they have (Vice City).The old ones got way with this slightly as they were covered in nostalgia and the low exceptions of gamers at the time. Something the newer don't have and rightly so.It's been a good 10+ years and it hasn't moved on since Vice City.(GTA 4 did try something interesting although failing)

Having said all of that I do have sympathy for them as sandbox games do seem to have a tendency to struggle with story pacing.

The character are where my problems are really. Their just not that good.

Trevor is the stand out but he so unlikeable or in other words such a massive cnut that I didn't care what happens to him or what was going to happen to him as the likely out come was he was going to do something cnuty(Which he did because he's a cnut)

Michael is every character from every gangster movie that isn't The Godfather, YES WE GET IT YOUR TOO OLD FOR THIS !!!!.

And Franklin(CJ 2.0) is the bog standard GTA character who's been around since well forever and the only one with some self awareness but also can't stop mentioning this fact.

Like the storyline the character haven't moved on at all since Vice City. In fact Vice City Stories(PSP) had a great character lead story where you have a relationship with some lady who's husband used to beat her up. It actually had a bit of a arc, something GTA 5 doesn't even attempt.

So after that long list of reasons to why I hate the game.

I actually enjoyed it.

p.s. the soundtrack is shite.
I played it through and completed it on Xbox 360 on release. Literally every spare hour I had I smashed it for about 3 weeks.

Then I didn't touch it again.

Then I got it as part of my PS4 bundle over a year later. Tried to start a new story mode thinking it had been long enough away to get me involved again. I'm not sure if it was just the slow initial pacing (tow truck missions, really?), or that I just wasn't that bothered, but I couldn't get into it.

Someone mentioned The Last Of Us. I'd just finished that. And I think that might be the reason. Going from a survival horror game where every bullet and every small supply counts, to the excess of GTA is a bit of a shock. The game just didn't feel rewarding. Hopefully TLOU hasn't ruined all games for me.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Yeah I would agree with this. Vice City was the first game I played so maybe I'm a bit biased but the whole premise of that game was a lot better than GTA 5. Tommy Vercetti, the lone mobster stuck in a place he doesn't know with his lunatic friend Ken Rosenberg. You end up having such an attachment to Tony compared to the annoying characters from GTA 5. Vice City also had a proper twist with Lance Vance turning against you near the end but GTA 5 seemed to be lacking all of that. I mean who was the main antagonist? That really rich guy who went jogging and most of us can't even remember what he was called?

San Andreas was also much more enjoyable than GTA 4 or 5 but I'm not even going to go into that.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Yeah I would agree with this. Vice City was the first game I played so maybe I'm a bit biased but the whole premise of that game was a lot better than GTA 5. Tommy Vercetti, the lone mobster stuck in a place he doesn't know with his lunatic friend Ken Rosenberg. You end up having such an attachment to Tony compared to the annoying characters from GTA 5. Vice City also had a proper twist with Lance Vance turning against you near the end but GTA 5 seemed to be lacking all of that. I mean who was the main antagonist? That really rich guy who went jogging and most of us can't even remember what he was called?

San Andreas was also much more enjoyable than GTA 4 or 5 but I'm not even going to go into that.
Devin Weston.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I played it through and completed it on Xbox 360 on release. Literally every spare hour I had I smashed it for about 3 weeks.

Then I didn't touch it again.

Then I got it as part of my PS4 bundle over a year later. Tried to start a new story mode thinking it had been long enough away to get me involved again. I'm not sure if it was just the slow initial pacing (tow truck missions, really?), or that I just wasn't that bothered, but I couldn't get into it.

Someone mentioned The Last Of Us. I'd just finished that. And I think that might be the reason. Going from a survival horror game where every bullet and every small supply counts, to the excess of GTA is a bit of a shock. The game just didn't feel rewarding. Hopefully TLOU hasn't ruined all games for me.
I hadnt played any of the previous versions and I loved it. Went from a PS3 to a PS4 and couldnt be arsed with the story mode again, tried it like you but just couldnt get into it. Loved the online side of the game for ages but starting to tire of it as well. I loved the Last of Us, never tried the online version.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Vice City was certainly the peak in terms of fun factor.

You have to admire the boldness with the attempt at a three-pronged protagonist in GTA-V though.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Vice City was certainly the peak in terms of fun factor.

You have to admire the boldness with the attempt at a three-pronged protagonist in GTA-V though.
I thought it ran out of steam after we unlocked the last island and the Haitians came into play.

I would love a current gen Vice City though. 80s Miami neon lined beaches would look brilliant.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I thought it ran out of steam after we unlocked the last island and the Haitians came into play.

I would love a current gen Vice City though. 80s Miami neon lined beaches would look brilliant.
Stealing the Blackhawk helicopter and wreaking havoc never got old for me.

I second the notion of the next one being back in the eighties...

naturalized

Supports
nufc
Want to get in on this and probably will at some point, but GTA IV for PC at release was so godawful that I'm going to wait this one out for a couple of weeks. £39.99 is prohibitive as well.