Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

As usual those will be the extra-high spec pc screens.

It should be decent of course, but nothing too groundbreaking.
Come on Lambs, you're going to absolutely hate it. ;)

I feel the decision to buy it again is completely justified now. The FPS mode looks unreal.

What's more is I traded in Watchdogs and Fifa 14 for the credit value to pay for it so really I've just won.

Think it will be a load of fun doing some of the old races and missions in first person!

think it will be fun just having punch ups in FP too!!

I feel the decision to buy it again is completely justified now. The FPS mode looks unreal.

What's more is I traded in Watchdogs and Fifa 14 for the credit value to pay for it so really I've just won.

You going to join the clan (no idea if we have to join a fresh one or not) and play with us again?

I remember trying the first person view on driving in Watchdogs and it felt horrible, but that game was bad in general, especially driving wise.

FPS mode in GTAV I think will be much better. Will really have that sense of immersion.

You going to join the clan (no idea if we have to join a fresh one or not) and play with us again?

I remember trying the first person view on driving in Watchdogs and it felt horrible, but that game was bad in general, especially driving wise.

FPS mode in GTAV I think will be much better. Will really have that sense of immersion.

I would have thought the clan / crew will carry over since it is all tied to the R* Social Club.

I want to know whether there will be the option to re-create your character's face? I heard there was a new character creation system for those creating new characters - so removing the whole parent concept. But not sure if people who port characters over will be able to take advantage of that as well. There was an option a while back to edit your character's looks, so hopefully they do that again.

Never actually got to play this so super excited, glad they've put so much effort into new features too.

I would have thought the clan / crew will carry over since it is all tied to the R* Social Club.

I want to know whether there will be the option to re-create your character's face? I heard there was a new character creation system for those creating new characters - so removing the whole parent concept. But not sure if people who port characters over will be able to take advantage of that as well. There was an option a while back to edit your character's looks, so hopefully they do that again.

True.

I think they'll let us choose a new face, most likely when importing the character.

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/05/grand-theft-auto-5-leaping-the-generation-gap

The detail is everywhere you look. The layers upon layers of granular detail astonished me in GTA V on PS3 and Xbox 360 – and it still does, considering those devices were conceived at some point in the Bronze Age – but this goes far, far beyond that. The stamped lettering on a rifle. The myriad dials everywhere you look in the cab of a fire engine. The blink of a handbrake warning light in your dash cluster when you tug it to trigger a drift. Step into the dank and grimy Yellow Jack Inn, for instance, on the outskirts of Sandy Shores in first-person and you can now feel the despair. Even the smallest, handwritten notes stand up to close scrutiny. That weird scrap of paper in the vestibule from the individual promising to embiggen your “penice”? It’s no longer a pixelated bit of set dressing that’s not really intended to be examined too thoroughly; now it feels like you could reach in and pluck it from the notice board. The detail has become utterly immense and, viewed through this new first-person lens, astonishingly immersive.
“There’s something incredible about running around this world in first person, glancing down at Trevor’s hands, now your hands and seeing the tattoos, the dirt under his nails, putting on a pair of sunglasses and watching as the screen tints to match their colour, stealing a car, watching as your fingers hotwire it and then glance up and see the dash kick into life and the rev-counter jump as you floor it and the ABS light flicker on as you skid round corners.

GTA-V-first-person-1415118246192_medium.jpg

“Maybe heading over to the airport, police giving chase, glancing down and noticing the owner has left an old cup and some cigarette ends in the ashtray. Pull up at the airport, taking note of the song playing on the radio’s display on your dash. Dive out and into a plane or a helicopter, watching as you pull on your helmet and the HUD springs into gear, climbing higher and looking at your HUD move with your head and the various dials, compass, warning lights, artificial horizon and every other detail moves and blinks on your helicopters control panel.

Perhaps the biggest compliment I can pay new-generation GTA V is that, after playing well over 100 hours of GTA V on Xbox 360, it feels brand-new to me again. Sure the layout of the environment and the mission progression is the same, but it’s completely stuffed with new things to see, hear, and do. From the readable packets in a cigarette machine where there were previously only low-resolution blurs to the more-realistic fur on the game’s wildlife. From hearing the police scanner and phone calls through the DualShock 4 speaker to the subtle squeak of Michael’s middle-aged backside on vinyl upholstery as he scootches into an old van. From the satisfaction of landing the new Dodo seaplane on rough water in first-person to the thrill of destroying a car with a single shot from the game’s wild new experimental railgun.

Of course. GTA V RedCafe sessions were hilarious!

I still remember when I upgraded from Spectrum to Amiga being impressed with the realism of the graphics where the foreground scrolled faster than the background. If you had shown be this then... Well, I would have said it was the stuff of a madman's dreams.

Perhaps the biggest compliment I can pay new-generation GTA V is that, after playing well over 100 hours of GTA V on Xbox 360, it feels brand-new to me again.
That's actually how I feel. Can't wait for this!

Just read this:

Fortunately, all of this added fun in the upgraded version of Grand Theft Auto Online for Xbox One and PS4 also brings with it the chance to add way more detail to your avatar, even if you’re importing one from the Xbox 360 or PS3 (of note: stats can also be tweaked when importing, effectively allowing for a re-spec). The character creator in GTAO now rivals that of peak Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf, allowing you to customize no less than your eyes, nose, nose profile, nose tip, cheeks, cheek shape, lips, and more. Each has its own spectrum in which to tweak each individual setting.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/06/30-player-grand-theft-auto-online-events-are-madness

Good news with being able to recreate your characters - this time using a proper character creator!

So all the people saying "First Person shooter just ISNT how you play GTA".

I presume you all play with the birds eye view mode?

Because technically, that's how you play GTA. My point is it evolved from birds eye view, and now its evolving to first person shooter.

I'm aware of how the series started.

GTA's formula was decided by the technology available. Birds eye was the only way to viably do it in 1997 given the relative scale.

Should just go right on ahead and FPS everything.

I'm aware of how the series started.

GTA's formula was decided by the technology available. Birds eye was the only way to viably do it in 1997 given the relative scale.

Should just go right on ahead and FPS everything.

Just like they only feel confident of adding the option of FPS now because of the technology available.

Hang on, the new one's completely FPS?

No, it's an added view - but yes you can play the entire game in FPV. You can switch anytime via the touchpad (on PS4), or have it set to automatically switch depending on what mode you are in - driving, shooting, in cover, etc.

But rather than just tag on a new camera, they have re-animated and re-modeled practically the entire game.

This is a good example - it's not just a higher resolution versions of existing textures, they are frequently completely new textures (and models):

UxKTVbs.gif

Of course. GTA V RedCafe sessions were hilarious!
I was in the XBox group back then, it was dead... always wished I had got it for PS3.
So tempted to get this again as I didn't even finish it, and only got my online character to around lvl 20... Hmmm.

I was in the XBox group back then, it was dead... always wished I had got it for PS3.
So tempted to get this again as I didn't even finish it, and only got my online character to around lvl 20... Hmmm.
Go for it, they are plenty of us picking it up. I've purposely not completed all the story stuff purely because I want to do it on PS4.