Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

image_326384_full.jpg

image_326382_full.jpg

image_326383_full.jpg

image_326378_full.jpg

Wow it really does look incredible. 1080p 30fps on both consoles as well so R* have done a great job. Not sure about the first person mode though that's not how you play GTA! Does the PS4 get any extras? Think I will get it on there.

They also said that you can tailor how you view the game - you can toggle 1st person on and off via the touchpad anytime, or you can set it so it switches to 3rd person when you go into cover, or enter a firefight, or enter a vehicle...basically any way you like.

You can also adjust the controls to a more traditional FPV layout - so no more hammering the X button to run!!! That in itself is worth the upgrade!!!

As good as those look visually, first person just isn't GTA.

They explain all the work that went into making it 1st person - it's not just a lower camera view with your gun in the middle of the screen. All the animations had to be reworked. If you look down you can see you feet - so its sounds as though it has been done very well.

They explain all the work that went into making it 1st person - it's not just a lower camera view with your gun in the middle of the screen. All the animations had to be reworked. If you look down you can see you feet - so its sounds as though it has been done very well.

I'm sure it's done brilliantly - I did say it looks good, it's just not GTA for me.

Some games just are third person.

It adds something new to the experience though, I'd much rather Rockstar add stuff like that than just update the visuals.

Fair enough, each to their own.

Shit, was going to pass on this one but even though it's nothing innovative, the first person mode seems to be great fun. Question is will there be enough chances / additions to what we've seen in X360/PS3 for it to be worth it?

Shit, was going to pass on this one but even though it's nothing innovative, the first person mode seems to be great fun. Question is will there be enough chances / additions to what we've seen in X360/PS3 for it to be worth it?

I think having a much smoother and significantly better looking GTA V to boot up on the PS4/Xbox One is worth it alone. The loading times on the 360 version for one are hideous.

It's also one of those games you can just load up and have a bit of fun on. The added features are a bonus.

Hmmm I dunno I think it would be difficult to do properly in first person. Maybe a bit of a novelty/good in certain situations but can imagine it controlling like crap a lot of the time.

And that level of detail extends to every car, boat, and plane; they all have unique cockpits, so you’re never just plonked behind the same wheel. (Oh yeah, you can even duck down behind the steering wheel if you're being shot at.)

:drool: They've clearly put so much thought into all of this.

Hmmm I dunno I think it would be difficult to do properly in first person. Maybe a bit of a novelty/good in certain situations but can imagine it controlling like crap a lot of the time.

How and why would it control bad mate?

Why the feck would anyone object to an optional first person mode? Surely the addition is worth a try?

Apart from Trevor, the game is pretty dull overall. Any addition is worth looking at in my book. Rockstar aren't great at game mechanics, admittedly, but a first person view should suck you into the game better.

How and why would it control bad mate?

I guess it depends how well they have done it really. Have they made a really good first person mode or was it just tacked on as a bit of a bonus? I just have a vision of GTA V combined with Skyrim in my head. I think in a lot of occasions for me anyway you needed to see what was going on around you in GTA games. Only a guess/opinion though I could be totally wrong. Still think it's a nice feature just don't think I'll be playing a lot in that mode.

I guess it depends how well they have done it really. Have they made a really good first person mode or was it just tacked on as a bit of a bonus? I just have a vision of GTA V combined with Skyrim in my head. I think in a lot of occasions for me anyway you needed to see what was going on around you in GTA games. Only a guess/opinion though I could be totally wrong. Still think it's a nice feature just don't think I'll be playing a lot in that mode.

I personally think that there is nothing that looks even slightly 'tacked on' about the FP mode - both from how it looks and what is said in the videos (and I know they are marketing / pr, but still). Things like being able to switch on the fly, tailor the view used between different modes, changing the control scheme to a more traditional FPS configuration all suggest that this has been done the right way.

Proof is in the pudding of course, but super excited to play this in a couple of weeks.

Those stills look extra-ordinary but the trailer I've seen looked a bit meh graphics wise.

This FPS shit looks incredible. I was on the fence about replaying this - but that's won me over.

This FPS shit looks incredible. I was on the fence about replaying this - but that's won me over.

It seems to be a game changer for a lot of people I know. I honestly think it's going to add a new dimension to the game, especially when you think of the cover system blended in with it. The guns and weapons also look deliciously detailed up close.

I feel the decision to buy it again is completely justified now. The FPS mode looks unreal.

What's more is I traded in Watchdogs and Fifa 14 for the credit value to pay for it so really I've just won.