Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

This is a bit absurd. You'll be hard pressed to find a game of this sort, non-story based, in which the characters have as much depth. You even have facebook pages that give you an understanding of their intimate relationships, etc. The pre-mission dialogues are immense and tell you plenty about them as well. Michael and Trevor are as deep characters as you'll ever find in an open-world-game. I'm a role-player at heart when I get involved in any kind of game and never at any moment felt these characters were empty. After one-hundred hours of missions, side-missions, meeting with friends, wrecking havoc, I feel I know these 3 guys (Michael and Trevor more than Frankly) better than most game characters.

Fair enough but I honestly lost interest why before the half way mark of the game.

This review sums up my overall thoughts about the game.

But I will say I'm still blown away by the sheer size of the game and the it's easily it best feature in the game.

I thought that review was woeful. A Charlie Brooker wannabe putting 10x more thought into being funny than coming up with insightful observations about the game, but still falling well short of actually being funny.

Playing this for the first time over the last few weeks. The visuals and size of the world are stunning. I do agree with some previous comments made about how easy it is though. I haven't yet faced any mission that I've been stuck on for a while like in all previous GTA's.

Not that it matters though. Its a brilliant game, and if the next one looks as amazing as this one but ramps up the difficulty a little, it'll be just about perfect.

I thought that review was woeful. A Charlie Brooker wannabe putting 10x more thought into being funny than coming up with insightful observations about the game, but still falling well short of actually being funny.

Tbf it isn't meant to be a serious review . He's basically just hyper-critical of games and takes the piss out of them, even one's he likes which usually aren't the most universally popular. Whether you actually find him funny is another issue.

Tbf it isn't meant to be a serious review . He's basically just hyper-critical of games and takes the piss out of them, even one's he likes which usually aren't the most universally popular. Whether you actually find him funny is another issue.
Ah OK, that doesn't surprise me actually given the tone. Much like Charlie Brooker in that respect.

Best game I've ever played!
Great gameplay, great in depth characters, great location, great soundtrack, a lot of fun...

Played it three times through now....Love it!

Played it twice due to the fact I fecked up with the investment missions first time around. Will wait to play it a 3rd time when it's released on PS4.

Is it as much fun the second time through?

I don't know why, I'll happily watch a film a dozen times but once I've completed a game I never want to play it again.

Yep....

I found I notice things I didn't notice before and playing the heists with a different option the 2nd time around is fun

Sick of being a shit level (24) my mate started on it miles after me and doesn't play loads at all but shot right up to 32 and I've been stuck on low 20's for ages.

Whats the best job/race/anything to grind on your own for decent money/RP?. I've been doing this bike race which cause its just me I basically just drive the course which takes 6 minutes and pays 6K. Not seen anything better than that really.

Sick of being a shit level (24) my mate started on it miles after me and doesn't play loads at all but shot right up to 32 and I've been stuck on low 20's for ages.

Whats the best job/race/anything to grind on your own for decent money/RP?. I've been doing this bike race which cause its just me I basically just drive the course which takes 6 minutes and pays 6K. Not seen anything better than that really.

Potshot gives you $10k and 1.5k RP for a couple of minutes work on hard. Easy to do.

Get a car and block the bridge, then when the van you have to get wants to go over the bridge it just hits the car/bridge and stops. Easy to collect and take to Trevor.

Potshot gives you $10k and 1.5k RP for a couple of minutes work on hard. Easy to do.

Get a car and block the bridge, then when the van you have to get wants to go over the bridge it just hits the car/bridge and stops. Easy to collect and take to Trevor.
Cool I'll check it out, cheers.

Edit: That was amazingly easy :eek::lol:

Gonna grind the fecker for the next few hours :drool:

Also just realised you can select jobs on the menu from Onilne>Jobs... :lol:

Last edited:
Completed it 100% yesterday, a completely pointless exercise but I like to do it with games I really enjoyed. Will get to see the UFO's though which is good. Though it is the first GTA where you aren't rewarded with weapons/vehicles from completing it which is a shame.

Sucks to have to wait until the end of January but can't wait. It's been killing me not being able to play this!

I've just finished this at last. Lost interest just before the last mission, but finally picked it back up. Was worth playing all the way through in the end.

- New weapons
- New animals
- New vehicles
- New activities
- Over 100 new songs
- Online player limit bumped up to 30

http://kotaku.com/new-gen-grand-theft-auto-v-will-be-out-in-november-wit-1633846128

November just got better.

Out on my birthday on PS4. Perfect.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...ox1pc&utm_campaign=gtavreleasedetails09122014

- Increased draw distances
- Higher resolution
- Denser traffic
- New foliage system
- Enhanced damage/weather effects
- Those who pre-order get $1M in-game bonus cash to spend across GTAV and GTAOnline ($500k each for GTAV and Online)
- Exlusive content awaits returning players from PS3 and 360 including rare versions of classic GTA vehicles such as the Dukes, Dodo Seaplane, faster Blimp; activities including wildlife photography and new shooting range challenges, new weapons and more.

Man they should bring back the original Dodo complete with flight time leaderboard.

They must add blimps and big jets to online, they simply must!

Will there be any more things to do in the next gen version? Apart from, you know, aimlessly wandering around.

More customisation, more enterable buildings, more mini-games, more destructible shit, more side-missions, more property - that you can enter and customise, not just buy for the sake of it. The game needs an overarching empire-building feature a la Vice City Stories.

After the main story and side-missions, there was feck all today, save appreciate the pretty visuals and that tired, quickly.

Need to be able to do way more heists. I remember about four in the game.

I thought the whole game was a bit meh. If it wasn't for Trevor, I wouldn't have even made it halfway

Rockstar are shit at game mechanics sadly. They need to go back to basics and bring back all the stuff that made the first few so much fun too.

I thought the whole game was a bit meh. If it wasn't for Trevor, I wouldn't have even made it halfway

Rockstar are shit at game mechanics sadly. They need to go back to basics and bring back all the stuff that made the first few so much fun too.
I know what you are saying but i still enjoyed the actual game a hell of a lot. It's just all this lying about not releasing it on the PS4/X1 or the game missing a lot of features that they claimed would be in it. They went on about bank heist being a huge part of the online and nearly 12 months later they still aren't in the game. I imagine they are saving it for the next gen release now but again that just leads back to my first point.

I'd have to agree. It's the first GTA game that I've struggled to finish. The story was ok, but the game never drew me in at all and I doubt I'll pick it back up again after finishing it. Compare that to old ones where I used to play it just to run around and blow stuff up and mess about with the police and all that.

I actually feel like they made the world to big, it made everything to far apart which meant you were stuck driving about far to much. That and the missions themselves were never that complex or particularly long for the most part.