Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

I want to fly planes :( but I don't want to keep stealing them from the damn airport.

Best addition in 5 has to be the checkpoint system.

They're so expensive!!

Also, if I do buy a hangar, I'd have to buy a plane right? Would the plane go if I crash it or it respawns?

I'm pretty sure it'd respawn. The helicopter that I bought respawns, so I don't see why a plane wouldn't.

I'm pretty sure it'd respawn. The helicopter that I bought respawns, so I don't see why a plane wouldn't.
Cool. Don't think I can afford one yet. I've actually lost more money in the stock market than I've win funnily enough.

Good. I bought a chopper after buying the Vespucci Helipad for Franklin and it wasn't there. Then the text came through to say it'd been delivered.

By the way, which option did people choose for the last mission? Are we still using spoilers by the way?

It's just that, regarding the last mission, there seems to be a trend that
choosing the loud option with the drill (which would be much more fun) gave me $25m each, whereas the others I've spoken to did it the other way and came up around $7m short of me.

By the way, which option did people choose for the last mission? Are we still using spoilers by the way?

It's just that, regarding the last mission, there seems to be a trend that
choosing the loud option with the drill (which would be much more fun) gave me $25m each, whereas the others I've spoken to did it the other way and came up around $7m short of me.

I went in subtle, as a janitor. You actually have to mop the fecking floor :lol:. Somehow, it's still fun.

Think it's safest to use spoilers for a while longer, given how many people want to take their time with it. Still fairly close to release, so I think the number of those people will be high enough to warrant it.

Did the third triathlon mission yesterday. Half an hour it took me. Half an hour of tapping the X button as fast as I could. My thumb hurt. I FINISHED feckING THIRD. THIRD. This is bullshit.

When driving back from the cable car place I got my pickup shot at as I drove past a cafe, then a load of bikers started chasing me. They were right behind me so I braked suddenly and they both crashed into the back of me and ended up in the back of my pickup so I just drove on :lol:

Just finished the main storyline, loved it. Great game.

Couldn't play this today, now won't be able to play this until Thursday.

After pricing myself not to rush through the missions, I now desperately want to complete the story.

Quality game. One of my favourite things is how brutal the crashes are.

Bit gutted about Franklin....thought they would have gone down a more gangster route to begin with. Would've liked to be able to take over neighbourhoods again at least.

Don't see the point in modding cars either when they disappear from your garage, nevermind the street if you walk round the corner..or turn around for a minute.

The popup is pretty bad too and does affect the game.

Loving playing as Trevor though....it actually seems fitting when you do all things gta with him.

Quality game. One of my favourite things is how brutal the crashes are.

Bit gutted about Franklin....thought they would have gone down a more gangster route to begin with. Would've liked to be able to take over neighbourhoods again at least.

Don't see the point in modding cars either when they disappear from your garage, nevermind the street if you walk round the corner..or turn around for a minute.

The popup is pretty bad too and does affect the game.

Loving playing as Trevor though....it actually seems fitting when you do all things gta with him.

The cars disappearing thing is a glitch that they are looking to patch

They're so expensive!!

Also, if I do buy a hangar, I'd have to buy a plane right? Would the plane go if I crash it or it respawns?

I think if you buy the hanger at the airport you can just steal a plane from right there and put it in your garage.

On a side note, I was flying the Frogger helicopter with Trevor and it handles amazingly well - its less inclined to swing from side to side and much easier to keep level.

Only just got it yesterday so I've barely sank my teeth into it at all. I spent a great deal of time just driving around, looking at the environment and being amazed at how incredible everything looks. It took me by surprise hearing police sirens and thinking "what did i do?!" but they were actually after someone else. I can't remember if that happened in GTA4. I don't think it did? Little things like that are pretty cool.

There's alot of glitches. Nothing that affects the game though. Most of them are pretty funny. Every time I go to to Michael's house, his wife is stood on the kitchen worktops and the daughter is stood on the sofa. The garage always has two cars in it, one on top of the other. I walked into one of the cars parked into the drive, and I went flying over the wall! Just weird/funny stuff like that.

I dunno if I'm missing something, but is there a way of knowing which missions are for which character on the map? I keep reaching a point where there's a mission to do, and it says "Return here with ____".

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/24/grand-theft-auto-online-may-incorporate-microtransactions

Grand Theft Auto Online May Incorporate Microtransactions
Players may be able to purchase in-game currency for real-world money.

A file discovered on the servers for Rockstar Games' website suggests microtransactions allowing players to purchase in-game money could be a part of Grand Theft Auto Online, the soon-to-be-released multiplayer component of Grand Theft Auto V.

Some GTA V players have been complaining about how difficult it can be to make money in the game. While that means nothing, a user on Reddit has found that the Store section of the pause menu requests a file on Rockstar's servers. That file has listings for the Atomic Blimp (a bonus included with early copies of the game) and content from the Special Edition and Collector's Edition of the game, which it unsurprisingly seems will be made available for purchase at some point.

What does come as a surprise are the listings for four different "cash cards" ranging from $100,000 to $1,250,000. These are accompanied by images (seen here) and the following description: "Cash is king in this town. Solve your money problems and help get what you want across Los Santos and Blaine County with the purchase of cash packs for Grand Theft Auto Online. All purchased cash is automatically deposited into your character's bank account. Spend wisely, cash therapy is fleeting."

Buying in-game money has been seen in other games before, but never in Grand Theft Auto. That said, the GTA series has never had a sort of persistent multiplayer mode like GTA Online before, and these sorts of microtransactions are becoming increasingly common, so the inclusion of them here may not be as much of a surprise as it first appears.

IGN has reached out to Rockstar for comment and will update this story with any response. Grand Theft Auto Online goes live on October 1.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This really puts me off the game. Buying money in GTA online? People are gonna buy their way to success, owning all the properties and a ridiculous amount of weapons/ammo/vehicles etc.etc.

Plus, you can lose money on GTA online by being robbed - jesus. If you can sell the money that you make (similar to how people sell FIFA Ultimate Team coins) then I'm worried that people are more likely to not enjoy the gameplay, and simply concentrate on making the money (hiding and waiting for the opportunity to steal money from other players heists).

Of course, I (we) don't know how it will all work yet - so I'm reserving judgement, but assuming true then it's really off putting and annoys me, because it could have been something special.

Saying that, I'll still play it.. because I'm a fecking sucker.

It was always going to incorporate some sort of free-to-play system though, they were hardly going to give us an MMO world for free.

To be honest if people spend money on false money and you have the ability to rob that fake money in-game, then who isn't going to be like Omar and just rip and run the fools with too much cash money to spend.

Only just got it yesterday so I've barely sank my teeth into it at all. I spent a great deal of time just driving around, looking at the environment and being amazed at how incredible everything looks. It took me by surprise hearing police sirens and thinking "what did i do?!" but they were actually after someone else. I can't remember if that happened in GTA4. I don't think it did? Little things like that are pretty cool.

There's alot of glitches. Nothing that affects the game though. Most of them are pretty funny. Every time I go to to Michael's house, his wife is stood on the kitchen worktops and the daughter is stood on the sofa. The garage always has two cars in it, one on top of the other. I walked into one of the cars parked into the drive, and I went flying over the wall! Just weird/funny stuff like that.

I dunno if I'm missing something, but is there a way of knowing which missions are for which character on the map? I keep reaching a point where there's a mission to do, and it says "Return here with ____".

Green is Franklin, Orange is Trevor, Blue is Michael.

You can't really buy much interesting stuff anyway. By the time the car glitch is fixed we'd all have completed the game... But micro transactions are seriously shitty, Rockstar have already made over a billion.

You can't really buy much interesting stuff anyway. By the time the car glitch is fixed we'd all have completed the game... But micro transactions are seriously shitty, Rockstar have already made over a billion.

GTA online is a different game though, it's a persistent online world, pretty much 90% of them have some sort of money system.

It was always going to incorporate some sort of free-to-play system though, they were hardly going to give us an MMO world for free.

The problem is, it's the worse sort of game for supporting micro-transactions - it's gonna be the same as Ultimate Team, where the people who pay are gonna be rewarded massively. Being able to buy over $1,000,000 in one go? That's crazy, that could take ages for the casual player to make.

The microtransactions would have been better placed on things like car upgrades, weapon camo, cars, clothes, haircuts - shit like that.

Woah woah waoh... there's a glitch where car's disappear from your garage?! What is this shit?? I have two beautiful "rides" in there at the moment that I would rather not go missing...

Shit... first thing I'm doing tonight is moving cars into Franklin's home garage... I assume you can store 2 in there?

The problem is, it's the worse sort of game for supporting micro-transactions - it's gonna be the same as Ultimate Team, where the people who pay are gonna be rewarded massively. Being able to buy over $1,000,000 in one go? That's crazy, that could take ages for the casual player to make.

The microtransactions would have been better placed on things like car upgrades, weapon camo, cars, clothes, haircuts - shit like that.

Yup. It unbalances everything, deliberately mind.

Im concerned................is it wrong that I really REALLY enjoyed

The trevor torture mission

Im concerned................is it wrong that I really REALLY enjoyed

The trevor torture mission

I think they might have gone a bit too far with that mission. I've watched some pretty sick films and they don't tend to bother me, but actually interacting in a torture scene...yeah, didn't really sit well with me.

I think they might have gone a bit too far with that mission. I've watched some pretty sick films and they don't tend to bother me, but actually interacting in a torture scene...yeah, didn't really sit well with me.

Really? I find that surprising. I found it fun.

I can't say I found it fun, I had heard about it beforehand though. It was a bit of an extreme mission and I thought their attempt at satire afterwards totally missed the mark.

I think it all depends on how they are implemented (and what the cost is in real money I guess). And how much it costs to buy weapons etc and how easy it is to make in game money.

If it means you can buy a flashier place etc, then have no problem with that. If money is hard to come by, or if car mods or weapon upgrades are crazy expensive, then it would be an issue.

I know the article says that the money you buy goes into your in-game bank account, so it can't be directly stolen. But if you buy a flash car with it, then I guess that could be stolen/destroyed - so either there will be lots of people looking to simply just do that, or most people won't want to spend their real money on something that can be destroyed and lost (although I guess it would respawn in your garage in that instance).

I just found it a nothing mission as it was simply a "press this and that, no chance of dying" mission.....doing the torture bothered me no more than when I've seen it on film or TV. Though I've seen some get unbelievably political over it, saying it should be skippable and shit. Whatever floats your boat. Trevors commentary on it's use is there for story and character reasons that fits with most of the game, so I disagree, but eh, wouldn't really hurt anyone to make it skippable, as much as people skipping shit bothers me, you can't stop them doing it in others forms of entertainment.

Really? I find that surprising. I found it fun.

I can't say I found it fun, I had heard about it beforehand though. It was a bit of an extreme mission and I thought their attempt at satire afterwards totally missed the mark.

The only problem I had with this mission per say was that you HAD to play through it, there was no option to skip if you wanted to. Now I had no problems as such doing it myself but I can see why people would, it is treading on a very fine line. Like in COD where you play that mission as a terrorist in the airport, you had the choice to skip through and not partake if you did not want to do it. I dont see why Rockstar could not have done the same for this.