Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

Nope.

One time it was because I was standing in a woman's drive so that's fair enough, but the other time was on the pavement. Really weird and annoying.

Were you playing as Franklin? Maybe they were racist.

Anyone else thinks the technical side of the game could be a little better? I only played a few quick sessions but I'm seeing noticable aliasing and the framerate can be pretty choppy when driving through the city. It's not terrible or anything, but enough to be distracting. Not too surprising I guess, but I read good things about the performance so I expected better. My previous PS3 was completely fecked up and produced glitches and framerate problems in games like The Last of Us and Fifa 13 that simply weren't there when I played them at friends, so I'm a little paranoid about these things now. I've got a brand new PS3 so I should be okay, but anyway, just wanted to know your experiences.

Anyone else thinks the technical side of the game could be a little better? I only played a few quick sessions but I'm seeing noticable aliasing and the framerate can be pretty choppy when driving through the city. It's not terrible or anything, but enough to be distracting. Not too surprising I guess, but I read good things about the performance so I expected better. My previous PS3 was completely fecked up and produced glitches and framerate problems in games like The Last of Us and Fifa 13 that simply weren't there when I played them at friends, so I'm a little paranoid about these things now. I've got a brand new PS3 so I should be okay, but anyway, just wanted to know your experiences.
It's pretty great in terms of visuals considering the scale of everything going on, and the limitations of the current generation.

Given Trevor a shaved head, stuble, some shades and a suit... he now looks like Jason Statham.

My gaming experience got approximately 74% better.

I bought a new 500gb super slim GTA5 bundle and I've had no problems whatsoever.

Pretty sure I stumbled across a No Country For Old Men reference last night.

Looked like the aftermath of a big shootout with a couple of (barely) survivors and a case of money there for the taking... which I did and promptly got chased by armed assailants.

Also drove past a woman being raped by two rednecks. Naturally I got out to shoot them both but I accidentally shot the victim as well.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like this is taking a lot less time to complete than previous iterations?

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like this is taking a lot less time to complete than previous iterations?

Yeah I know what you mean, basically pumped most of my weekend into it and I've just
completed the mission where you have to steal the nerve toxin for the FIB. The fact that Michael is discussing the Union Depository job makes me feel like it might be the last run of missions.

Yeah, but that's also because it's so bloody easy.

Also, I don't know if anyone else has noticed/experienced it (you might not if you save often other than the autosaves) but when you start up the game it doesn't always load the most recent save or autosave. It seems to roll back slightly sometimes.

I'd like to agree, but in total it took about 36 hours I think, so I don't know. Besides, I never really completed many of them. I think it was only GTA 4, VCS and/or LCS. Don't think I ever completed SA or VC. Never had GTA 3.

It did feel though as if there was about three or four storylines going into one which took ages to do and moved onto another thing. This one seemed more like a film. They have the backdrop of these bankrobbers who get back together and go for the big one. The side stuff is Michael with his family.

Worth mentioning too that you can regenerate health which I don't think you could do before, and you have checkpoints in missions. Sometimes it'd take ages to do one bit, then you'd fail the next part, so you'd have to do it all over again.

Dara O'Briain summed it up well:

Yeah I know what you mean, basically pumped most of my weekend into it and I've just
completed the mission where you have to steal the perfume for the FIB. The fact that Michael is discussing the Union Depository job makes me feel like it might be the last run of missions.

Fixed :lol:

I think checkpoints have a big thing to do with this - I'd say you're taking over an hours worth of gameplay out by not having to do the whole mission over again... not only that, but the checkpoints seem to put you in much better positions then you would have been in had you stayed alive and regained your health... but maybe thats just me.

Mind you, I'm spending so much time dicking about that I don't think it'll be short for me.

With auto-aim turned off, I find the shoot-outs can be quite challenging.

That's partly it, but the % complete seems to rack up very quickly with the story, whereas before it seemed that the main story accounted for a lot less of the game. I still can't believe vigilante missions etc have been taken out.

Also, I don't know if anyone else has noticed/experienced it (you might not if you save often other than the autosaves) but when you start up the game it doesn't always load the most recent save or autosave. It seems to roll back slightly sometimes.

Yep, happens to me every time and I only use autosave. You get emails/texts/calls that you've already received - a little frustrating.

I think checkpoints have a big thing to do with this - I'd say you're taking over an hours worth of gameplay out by not having to do the whole mission over again... not only that, but the checkpoints seem to put you in much better positions then you would have been in had you stayed alive and regained your health... but maybe thats just me.

Mind you, I'm spending so much time dicking about that I don't think it'll be short for me.

With auto-aim turned off, I find the shoot-outs can be quite challenging.

I think thats a big reason too.

Personally am happy with this, as there were always a couple of sections of a mission that were incredibly tough, and the frustration of having to redo everything is much more of an issue to me than the game finishing slightly earlier! I remember a mission in Driver on PS2 that you had to be practically perfect on - clipping a car or barrier even slightly would be enough to slow you down enough to fail the mission. True, it was satisfying to finally beat it, but it wasn't worth the annoyance factor/swearing at the TV as many times as I did!

I agree with Rado regarding the Vigilante missions. Those type of missions could be never ending and just provides a tiny bit more structure to playing around outside of the actual missions.

In saying that, I think any complaints regarding longevity will be taken care of once the online launches. From the sounds of what Rockstar are trying to achieve I think there will be plenty to keep people busy for a long time yet (providing you are playing online...obviously).

That's partly it, but the % complete seems to rack up very quickly with the story, whereas before it seemed that the main story accounted for a lot less of the game. I still can't believe vigilante missions etc have been taken out.

Yep, happens to me every time and I only use autosave. You get emails/texts/calls that you've already received - a little frustrating.

Force it to load the latest autosave and it should bring you back to date. It's a weird rollback thing.

It's quite short and very easy compared to 4. No challenging or standout missions like there was in 4. e.g. The Bank Job.

I've taken the story very slow. Just find myself dicking about most of the time and discovering stuff. I evaded the police last night by jumping off a sign I'd climbed up, onto a moving train. Was glorious.

It's quite short and very easy compared to 4. No challenging or standout missions like there was in 4. e.g. The Bank Job.
Disagree with this. That Four Leaf Clover mission was class but the heists from this game are right up there. The whole build up to those missions and the choices within them make them pretty special IMO.

I've taken the story very slow. Just find myself dicking about most of the time and discovering stuff. I evaded the police last night by jumping off a sign I'd climbed up, onto a moving train. Was glorious.

I did it the other way round. Blazed through the story, so now I can focus on mucking about and doing the side missions.

I keep getting tempted to do more assassination missions, but think I will wait until I get more money - that way I can maximise my gains on the stock market.

I want to buy the hanger at the airport with Michael or Franklin, so will try and do that this eve. Not only does that enable you to save planes, but you can also use the airfield without instantly getting 3 stars.

I managed to steal the fighter jet with Trevor, but the engines died before I could make it back to his airfield. :(

I've been scuba diving and retrieving cases full of money...is it wrong that I'm terrified of the sharks?

I've been scuba diving and retrieving cases full of money...is it wrong that I'm terrified of the sharks?

How dod you get the scuba gear - I heard the sonar place gets unlocked after a mission and then you have to buy it...can you get the gear any earlier than this?

Nope... I imagine this will prevent me from doing too much deepsea diving.

It was the same in FarCry3... basically, I'm a massive wuss.

The Paleto Bay bank job was far too easy to say they had the army in. When I replay the game I think I'll avoid having Packie as a heist crew member and go for the shit ones to see if it makes a difference.

How dod you get the scuba gear - I heard the sonar place gets unlocked after a mission and then you have to buy it...can you get the gear any earlier than this?

Los Santos docks, there are a couple of spots where the dinghy populates, one is reliable and one not so much. The reliable one is found on the centre peninsula of the docks area along the southern edge, the not so reliable one on the western peninsula that is just east of the airport. Hope that makes sense. Go to the beach and get a jetski to cruise the south shore of LS, you'll find the dinghys soon enough.

The gear comes on once you get out of the boat and into the water, get back in the boat and it comes off, jump bcak into the water and the gear is on again. It comes off if you go onto land and you have to get into the right type of boat to get it on again.

Deep sea treasure hunting is the best way to make money for the assasination missions. There's a shitload of money within easy distance of Los Santos. Also, if you switch between characters for a second, the cash filled cases repopulate. There is one that holds $25,000 but it's also the place where sharks seem to frequent the most.

Nope... I imagine this will prevent me from doing too much deepsea diving.

It was the same in FarCry3... basically, I'm a massive wuss.

The only good thing is if there is a sailboat anchored near the treasure spot (some have this, some dont...it's a decent indicator of where things are. All treasure spots I've been too have a sail boat or a bouy) you can climb onto that and shoot the sharks. I had two chasing me so I did this and iced them with the assault rifle. Later, I had one of those random shark drops in the street, car ahead of me veered out of the way and there was a dead shark in the middle of the road. :lol:

I LOVE trevor, that barely suppressed rage that can bubble over at any second......the complete disregard for his own safety and anyone elses and the complete ignorance of there being any other option than what he wants..................

I LOVE trevor, that barely suppressed rage that can bubble over at any second......the complete disregard for his own safety and anyone elses and the complete ignorance of there being any other option than what he wants..................

Get him on the Caf'

I've been trying to go through it slow so that I don't finish too much too quickly and in realised in terms of number of missions I've done about half. Nice.

Los Santos docks, there are a couple of spots where the dinghy populates, one is reliable and one not so much. The reliable one is found on the centre peninsula of the docks area along the southern edge, the not so reliable one on the western peninsula that is just east of the airport. Hope that makes sense. Go to the beach and get a jetski to cruise the south shore of LS, you'll find the dinghys soon enough.

The gear comes on once you get out of the boat and into the water, get back in the boat and it comes off, jump bcak into the water and the gear is on again. It comes off if you go onto land and you have to get into the right type of boat to get it on again.

Deep sea treasure hunting is the best way to make money for the assasination missions. There's a shitload of money within easy distance of Los Santos. Also, if you switch between characters for a second, the cash filled cases repopulate. There is one that holds $25,000 but it's also the place where sharks seem to frequent the most.

Cheers - appreciate the help!

Regarding the car/garage stuff: I bought one (I think the Veyron) with Franklin. Got a text almost immediately to say that it's been delivered to my garage. I don't know whose garage it's in but it sure as shit ain't mine.

Regarding the car/garage stuff: I bought one (I think the Veyron) with Franklin. Got a text almost immediately to say that it's been delivered to my garage. I don't know whose garage it's in but it sure as shit ain't mine.
:lol:

Okay so I just switched to Trevor and he's woke up in a dress on a mountain. Brilliant effort from him.

They're stored in the garages in the city. You need to go to the specified one and pick it up.

I'm 50% through now. Sexy stuff going on at the moment.

Does anyone know if Rockstar will release any addons? Have they did it with previous editions?

Does anyone know if Rockstar will release any addons? Have they did it with previous editions?

Online will probably be constantly updated with new features by the looks of it and while they didn't do it with GTA IV, I wouldn't be surprised if they did put in some add ons for SP in this.