Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

Levo

Band of Brothers
I'm rescinding that, I've just seen the hammering you took from a newb.

Hang thy head.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
"When you include interior and exterior spaces together, Los Santos is bigger than the worlds of RDR, SA, and GTA IV combined, with room to spare"

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Really can't wait for it now. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
So the 3 protagonists are confirmed? I like the idea.

Lynk

I imagine it will be incorporated in a way like Driver San Francisco, in that you can hop from one character to the next, in real time.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Yeah, according to that Gameinformer article you can do it at the switch of a button whenever not in a mission. Looks like a great idea. With another franchise I might be suspicious, but these guys don't usually fail to deliver.

It's also good that they change the formula a little.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
According to Rockstar, Grand Theft Auto V‘s Los Santos is bigger than Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas, and Grand Theft Auto IV combined. Yep. There’s wilderness, a military base, and even an ocean floor to explore underwater.
You can switch between the game’s three main protagonists at “nearly any time.”
Those three protagonists, by the way, are named Michael, Trevor, and Franklin.
Each character has his own personality, skill set, and group of friends to interact with. And the ones you’re not controlling will go off and do their own thing.
This is the same world as Grand Theft Auto IV and Liberty City, so you might see some recurring characters from those games (just not the major ones, like Niko Bellic). But. Rockstar says this is the “high-definition” world of Grand Theft Auto, so don’t expect to see anyone from the PS2-era titles.
Remember those randomised dynamic missions in Red Dead Redemption? They’re back for GTAV: expect hitchhikers, muggers, and dead bodies, among others.
Yes friendships. No romance.

From Kotaku

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/11/ro...d-redemption-san-andreas-and-gta-iv-combined/

kps88

Why is one of the playable characters balding so ungraciously?

Count Orduck

Are those from one of the console versions? Beause the graphics don't look all that amazing.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Are those from one of the console versions? Beause the graphics don't look all that amazing.
We're talking GTA though here, which has never been a game at the forefront of graphical beauty. So with that in mind, I think they look very impressive...

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I suspect this will be one of the greatest games ever. Look at that picture of the rail bridge going into the mountain, there is another bridge far in the distance which is huge. The rail bridge itself seems to be going over a mini-waterfall and there are two dirt paths, including one on the mountain actual which seems to be winding it's way up.

Then consider the random encounters. I really hope animals are in.

I also hope they've thrown a few easter eggs in, nothing like a crazed murderer out in the woods at night.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I suspect this will be one of the greatest games ever. Look at that picture of the rail bridge going into the mountain, there is another bridge far in the distance which is huge. The rail bridge itself seems to be going over a mini-waterfall and there are two dirt paths, including one on the mountain actual which seems to be winding it's way up.

Then consider the random encounters. I really hope animals are in.

I also hope they've thrown a few easter eggs in, nothing like a crazed murderer out in the woods at night.
The random encounters were one of my favourite things about GTAIV... With a game/map this big, I hope they throw loads of them in.

Adzzz

Staff
Still no news regarding a possible pc release :(
Just check previous pc release dates in comparison to the console versions. I think it's usually between 6 months and a year isn't it?

Adzzz

Staff
Wildlife confirmed by the guardian:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2012/nov/12/grand-theft-auto-v-preview-gta-5

Like LA itself, Los Santos is a patchwork of neighbourhoods with a downtown area, a gang-infested southern district, and the prosperous areas in the hills. But the game world extends out into the fictitious state of San Andreas, Rockstar's interpretation of southern California. There are farmlands, deserts, villages, mountains; there is even a functioning ecosystem teeming with wildlife. Trevor lives in a stinking shack out in Blaine County, a deserted coastal region, modelled on California's Salton City. The first time we meet him, he's on the john having a noisy bowel movement; Rockstar never shies away from these sorts of details.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Shit, this looks amazing. The scope of it sounds phenomenal.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Holy crap, those pictures look amazing, especially that street scene!

I really can't wait for this.

Lynk

Why is one of the playable characters balding so ungraciously?
Makes a pleasant change to the generic brown haired, hollywood grizzle that most game characters tend to be.

Kaos

Why? Just means a much longer almost indefinite wait.
So what? They push it for the future consoles and they can most likely be as ambitious as they want with it. They're probably compromising a lot of the game's visuals, depth and scale by forcing it to be compatible for dated hardware such as the Xbox 360.

Lynk

360 maybe, but the PS3 still has a lot more to give.

Adzzz

Staff
So what? They push it for the future consoles and they can most likely be as ambitious as they want with it. They're probably compromising a lot of the game's visuals, depth and scale by forcing it to be compatible for dated hardware such as the Xbox 360.
Well your post is just all assumption. You want to wait another 3 or 4 or even 5 years (knowing Rockstar) because you think the scope and graphics might be better? That's just pointless, yeah the graphics would be better, yes the map would be bigger, but the wait makes all that defunct. At that rate we'd have 1 GTA per console generation, which is terrible.

We've still got 6 months or more to wait for this game, yet you want to push it back more?! Crazy and hypothetical in the extreme.