Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

kietotheworld

Probably October 2013. All the GTA 3 games were released in October, GTA IV was planned for 16th October but was delayed. October seems the time when publishers favor releasing AAA titles now.
Not sure that's still Rockstar Policy - GTA IV, Max Payne 3, Red Ded Redemption and LA Noire were all released between April 29th and May 20th. Even the "Episodes from Liberty City" bundle was released in April.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just for anybody who is a fan of Grand Theft Auto i downloaded a free app for Android yesterday called "GTA Radio" which allows you to listen to all the radio stations from all the games from the beginning threw to GTA 4 on the Google Play store like Radio Los Santos from San Andreas etc..

Hope you enjoy it as much as I am

From the newbies.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Shouldn't he be concentrating on managing Swindon?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Anyone without unlimited data be careful with that radio app, bloody thing has been running in the background since I installed it even though I closed it - used almost 400mb.

Adebesi

I was about a third of the way through IV, I reckon, when my PS3 bricked and I had to exchange it for a new one. And I never got round to playing it again as I didnt want to do the early stuff all over again. Maybe I will now though, given so much time has elapsed it probably wouldnt be such a chore. Though truth be known I was not enjoying it as much as Vice City or San An. I dont know why, I figured the novelty value had worn off.

Will def get stuck in with the new one though.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I never played SA properly, just bits at mates houses etc, I'm considering buying a PS2 off ebay and giving it a go.

Adebesi

For the music and the novelty value of a game being that big and that open, and the breadth of missions and the humour and everything else, VC might well edge it. SA had some nice little improvements and was equally good in terms of missions and story. But it didnt have the same wow factor for me because it wasnt that far ahead of VC. The difference between GTA III and VC is huge.

Liam147

On Probation
Vice City was the first of the new gen games that I played, really enjoyed it. The radio was actually excellent. VCPR with Maurice Chavez had me actually laughing. At a fake radio station within a game. They did the same with VCS, which I also enjoyed.

Liberty City Stories (or VCS) may have been the first one I ever completed, which was thoroughly enjoyable, I also completed GTA4, which wasn't as enjoyable. Shit ending. Average characters, average storyline.

Cina

Vice City has always been my favourite.

I did enjoy Liberty City Stories, though.
Mine too, it's awesome. GTA games have tried to be a bit too realistic and serious since then.

Adebesi

I remember completing Vice City, and just sitting there thinking, WTF. I had been working on that last mission for ages, plugging away every night. I hadnt realised it was the last mission. When I did it I was euphoric for having done the mission, which then turned to dismay as I realised it was all over, and I might as well go to bed. It was like the end of an amazing holiday when you have to face up to the reality of going home and back to work. Depressing.

Adebesi

Mine too, it's awesome. GTA games have tried to be a bit too realistic and serious since then.
You didnt have to eat and things like that in VC did you? I must say the whole buying different outfits and eating fried chicken side of San An passed me by a little bit. And having relationships with people, going on dates etc. Is that what you are alluding to? If so I agree. Pointless. Didnt add to the game - mind you, didnt really detract from them for me either.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I remember completing Vice City, and just sitting there thinking, WTF. I had been working on that last mission for ages, plugging away every night. I hadnt realised it was the last mission. When I did it I was euphoric for having done the mission, which then turned to dismay as I realised it was all over, and I might as well go to bed. It was like the end of an amazing holiday when you have to face up to the reality of going home and back to work. Depressing.
I remember having a completed save of San An and was doing side missions and stuff, somehow managed to delete the whole save. Was gutted.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It played an important for me but that aside the gameplay and some missions were really great/funny.The game's context is important but not essential (for instance I really like the "LOST" DLC for GTAIV whereas I'm really not into the bikers world)

Jonno

Being someone who has only played GTA3 and a little bit of Vice City, I ask you this... Where does GTA4 (I presume is the newest version of GTA) rank to GTA3, VC, and SA?

Adebesi

For me it is on the same level as GTA3 - better for being more sophisticated, worse for being several generations on and therefore having lost novelty value - and well behind VC and SA.

I was thinking more about the comparison between SA and VC since I last posted in here as well. And I came to the conclusion that SA is better in just about every way, except for the whole homage to Scarface thing in VC, which is a personal touch that made me love it. And for that reason alone I would probably say, for me personally, VC edges it.

kietotheworld

Being someone who has only played GTA3 and a little bit of Vice City, I ask you this... Where does GTA4 (I presume is the newest version of GTA) rank to GTA3, VC, and SA?
Above all of them for me. It definitely lacks some of the ridiculous features of San Andreas but the story, the depth of the characters, the quality of the city, the physics, they more than make up for it. The Ballad of Gay Tony expansion pack adds a few more slightly ludicrous features into it which were great to see again.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I think GTA 4 is the best of the lot myself. Again, it does lack the silliness of SA but it's still fun in it's own right and the depth of the game and it's criminal world is superb.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
SA then 4 for me. Glad to be going back to LA, it offers so much more than NY. Miami would have a lot more to offer in a newer version too.