Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
While the framerate is quite okay I've heard about popping and disappearing buildings. Hopefully the monster patch will solve most of the stuff.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
While the framerate is quite okay I've heard about popping and disappearing buildings. Hopefully the monster patch will solve most of the stuff.
Haven't experienced any of that myself.

Was just in a parking lot where they had some of those bars blocking the exit, so I drove up to it and nothing happened despite the fat guard sitting in his shed. So I started honking and finally the fat bastard moves. He then goes out of his shed, over to my car, drags me out and headshots me. Motherfecker!

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Haven't experienced any of that myself.

Was just in a parking lot where they had some of those bars blocking the exit, so I drove up to it and nothing happened despite the fat guard sitting in his shed. So I started honking and finally the fat bastard moves. He then goes out of his shed, over to my car, drags me out and headshots me. Motherfecker!
:lol: Sounds like typical GTA's scripiting. Adds to the randomness.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde

justboy68

I've heard they've otherwise done a great job with the port though, with even medium rigs like mine looking great and getting 60 fps so hopefully this silly issue can be sorted out before long and won't be a protracted thing.

mu4c_20le

Streamer had his cdkey stolen before he could activate the game himself. Video only shows the part where he tries to activate, apparently the key popped up on the stream before and some people confirmed noticing it..

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
I've heard they've otherwise done a great job with the port though, with even medium rigs like mine looking great and getting 60 fps so hopefully this silly issue can be sorted out before long and won't be a protracted thing.
Yeah, they've done very well with the actual game. But it's incredibly silly to make a mistake like this.

Streamer had his cdkey stolen before he could activate the game himself. Video only shows the part where he tries to activate, apparently the key popped up on the stream before and some people confirmed noticing it..
:lol: fecking idiot! Why the hell would you stream the install and activation? You know there's a pretty decent chance that the key be shown eventually.

naturalized

Supports
nufc
Loving it so far! Runs really well on PC as well, so people holding back out of fear for a bad port seems to have nothing to fear (@naturalized). Played for about 5 hours now and had no noticeable framedrops (pretty much just left the graphics settings the way they were (everything but texture quality on "high" or "very high")) and no crashes either. Smooth as you'd like!

Quite laughable that they push that iFruit app, but hasn't actually updated it so it's possible to select PC as a platform though. Rookie mistake.
Good man you are, Wowi.

Just bought it. ;) Doesn't look like the game will finish downloading until 2017 though. :lol:

Flying_Heckfish

I would've thought they could throw a bit more of the budget on the driving physics. Still woeful considering the millions they spend on the game and it's a pretty integral part!

(I am using a controller for driving but it is still pretty bad)

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I would've thought they could throw a bit more of the budget on the driving physics. Still woeful considering the millions they spend on the game and it's a pretty integral part!

(I am using a controller for driving but it is still pretty bad)
What the hell? Do you even know what GTA is about? The physics are perfect for the game

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Agreed - think the driving is really good. Enough of a difference between vehicles and much better than GTA IV.

Flying_Heckfish

What the hell? Do you even know what GTA is about? The physics are perfect for the game
Yes, I'm well aware, thanks :lol::wenger:

Rockstar have never, and probably will never, be the greatest at game mechanics, but the driving is ok. Nothing great, but compare it to the likes of Watchdogs and be thankful ;)
I didn't bother with Watch Dogs after all the bad press (and reviews from colleagues who per-ordered).

Driving is probably OK at best, I'll give you that, but for all the money put in, it's still a let down. I'm not asking for Assetto Corsa, just something a little more responsive.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
So, all this lovely preorder money for Online (1m!). Anything I really need? Thought about getting one of the cheaper 10 parking slots places (from my - quite limited - research the only benefit from buying the more expensive ones seems to be the view and interior. Correct me if I'm wrong) and an expensive car.

Cina

So has anyone found a good deal on this? cdkeys have it for around €42 but I'd still prefer cheaper than that.

Ekeke

So, all this lovely preorder money for Online (1m!). Anything I really need? Thought about getting one of the cheaper 10 parking slots places (from my - quite limited - research the only benefit from buying the more expensive ones seems to be the view and interior. Correct me if I'm wrong) and an expensive car.
I think you need a "high end apartment" to start your own heists at rank 12+. One of the loading screens says that, and in my swanky apartment is a room with a streaming setup where you can make one

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Sent a request to join the caf crew from same user name.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
I think you need a "high end apartment" to start your own heists at rank 12+. One of the loading screens says that, and in my swanky apartment is a room with a streaming setup where you can make one
Yeah, you do. It was one of those that I meant. :p I am kinda tempted to go for the fanciest one though, just because.

We need more PC gamers in the crew. Stop being a cheap feck @Cina and get started! But no, €42 seems like the cheapest atm. No better offers on the GameDeals subreddit and nothing cheaper on isthereanydeal.com. It's currently unavailable on Nuveem even if you wanted to go that route. Have to say that it's well worth it though, if you have the money - the single-player is decent (story isn't great, but there's a lot of cool moments) and online seems cool based on the 6 hours I played earlier today. Not sure how long it'll be before you see a proper discount on it either really - doubt it'll go lower than €35 for quite a while.

Cina

Yeah, you do. It was one of those that I meant. :p I am kinda tempted to go for the fanciest one though, just because.

We need more PC gamers in the crew. Stop being a cheap feck @Cina and get started! But no, €42 seems like the cheapest atm. No better offers on the GameDeals subreddit and nothing cheaper on isthereanydeal.com. It's currently unavailable on Nuveem even if you wanted to go that route. Have to say that it's well worth it though, if you have the money - the single-player is decent (story isn't great, but there's a lot of cool moments) and online seems cool based on the 6 hours I played earlier today. Not sure how long it'll be before you see a proper discount on it either really - doubt it'll go lower than €35 for quite a while.
Fiiine, bought it.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Been playing this on pc for a few days now and it might be the best game I've ever played.

It is absolutely brilliant.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Heists are incredible - I can only imagine how much better they are with a group of mates. Just completed the prison break.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
The one after that is the best by far, you should love it
Nice, I'm pretty much just joining random games at this point so not exactly doing them in any order. I might start setting up my own today though.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Ah, it's the Humane Labs Raid if you want to know the name.
Looked it up on wikia when you said it ;) Do they get progressively harder? Prison break already seemed hard enough with random people, but that might be because people seems obsessed with setting the difficulty to hard.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Looked it up on wikia when you said it ;) Do they get progressively harder? Prison break already seemed hard enough with random people, but that might be because people seems obsessed with setting the difficulty to hard.
Unfortunately not. HLR is the hardest in my opinion, while the two after it are easier. That said, the last heist is harder than the fourth one

All heists still require a fair bit of cooperation though hence why it can be a bit hard with randoms as there's always one wanker who likes to do their own thing/make it as hard as possible.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Unfortunately not. HLR is the hardest in my opinion, while the two after it are easier. That said, the last heist is harder than the fourth one

All heists still require a fair bit of cooperation though hence why it can be a bit hard with randoms as there's always one wanker who likes to do their own thing/make it as hard as possible.
Cheers.

Yeah, cooperation is definitely required. It took us a lot of tries to get prison break right, and we only managed to do it in the end because we made small adjustments every time - like you're supposed to. Other heists I've tried people just sit there quietly and do the same thing over and over. One of the pilots we tried decided just to land the plane in the middle of 50 cops while they were still fighting inside the prison. In one of the parts (there one where you steal the plane, I think) we were doing great and we were just waiting for the mission to end when one of the guys with nothing to do drives off a cliff and dies.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Is online good then or is it full of bellends?

And when you start out do you have to do loads of shit pointless stuff or can you dive right into decent stuff?
It's a mix really. I found some good people already, but there's also a few people who just do whatever they want, as Damien said. Haven't run into any kids hurling curse words at everyone yet though, but I'm sure it'll happen sooner rather than later. So far, my experience with online is quite good - but I'm used to online gaming, so I might be more tolerant than others.

You get a few intro missions, but they're over very quickly. Then you can pretty much do what you want, although certain modes, maps and activities unlock at later levels. Most guns unlock as you progress as well, but you can pick up a decent variety at pretty low level.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
It's a mix really. I found some good people already, but there's also a few people who just do whatever they want, as Damien said. Haven't run into any kids hurling curse words at everyone yet though, but I'm sure it'll happen sooner rather than later. So far, my experience with online is quite good - but I'm used to online gaming, so I might be more tolerant than others.

You get a few intro missions, but they're over very quickly. Then you can pretty much do what you want, although certain modes, maps and activities unlock at later levels. Most guns unlock as you progress as well, but you can pick up a decent variety at pretty low level.
How does it all work then?

Is it a free-roaming thing with other players? How many can be on one map?