Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Want to get in on this and probably will at some point, but GTA IV for PC at release was so godawful that I'm going to wait this one out for a couple of weeks. £39.99 is prohibitive as well.
Seems like they've learned their lesson though, as GTA 5 isn't a port. It's been developed in parallel with the console version, and the team overseeing the PC version is the team was that in charge of Max Payne 3 for PC (which allegedly runs excellent).

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Seems like they've learned their lesson though, as GTA 5 isn't a port. It's been developed in parallel with the console version, and the team overseeing the PC version is the team was that in charge of Max Payne 3 for PC (which allegedly runs excellent).
I can confirm that it does.

naturalized

Supports
nufc
Ah, didn't know that, thanks mate. Max Payne 3 was indeed pretty good.

Will rethink, i always knew at some point during this weekend my willpower will run out probably. :lol:

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Ah, didn't know that, thanks mate. Max Payne 3 was indeed pretty good.

Will rethink, i always knew at some point during this weekend my willpower will run out probably. :lol:
You're welcome, I completely understand that you're being reluctant to jump it after that GTA 4 port. I pre-ordered GTA 5, so if you don't fold before then I can give you a first-hand impression when it's released ;)

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Cant decide if i should pre-order now or wait. How big an incentive is $700,000 in GTA Online?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Cant decide if i should pre-order now or wait. How big an incentive is $700,000 in GTA Online?
I'd say big although you can earn that amount in two days of normal play (quicker if you do heists).

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
What fun stuff is there for me to do offline once the story is complete? Only so many times you can go on murderous rampages before you start to get bored.

Nickosaur

What fun stuff is there for me to do offline once the story is complete? Only so many times you can go on murderous rampages before you start to get bored.
Go online?

I've got it on Xbox One and while I'm yet to finish it I plan to get a chunk of the achievements (some of the collectable ones, maybe the 100% one). Could also replay some of the best/fun missions.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Is that your way of asking how you can keep having fun with a game you're going to pirate?

naturalized

Supports
nufc
You're welcome, I completely understand that you're being reluctant to jump it after that GTA 4 port. I pre-ordered GTA 5, so if you don't fold before then I can give you a first-hand impression when it's released ;)
Cheers mate!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Cheers, best to wait in that case.
I'd say buy it now. $700k is not something to sniff at, by normal play I mean 4-5 hours a day and I'm not considering the money you have to pay for armor and ammunition to earn, which will cost plenty in the meantime. Two days might have been an exaggeration truth be told. Heists pay better though, I imagine you can get $700k much quicker.

Ekeke

also the first life mod was already announced before the game even came out, hope they pull through with it and its a voip game

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Am I the only one who preferred San Andreas to Vice city?

Can't wait for the pc release. Been waiting so long to play this game.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde

I loved San Andreas and it's been so long since I played Vice City. I tried it again a while ago, but simply couldn't get into it because of the game mechanics. I don't really remember what it was - the camera when driving or something like that.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I loved San Andreas and it's been so long since I played Vice City. I tried it again a while ago, but simply couldn't get into it because of the game mechanics. I don't really remember what it was - the camera when driving or something like that.
Same here. I tried Vice City on pc a while back and just couldn't get into it. It also looked very dated.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Making a crew while the game readies. Anyone else in decryption hell?
Looks like the crews are cross-platform btw. I can find the RedCafe crew when searching at least!
Same here. I tried Vice City on pc a while back and just couldn't get into it. It also looked very dated.
I actually care very little about the graphics, but yeah. It was the mechanics that annoyed me to the point where I simply couldn't enjoy it.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
We'll add a pc player to the higherr tier so they can accept people.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Loving it so far! Runs really well on PC as well, so people holding back out of fear for a bad port seems to have nothing to fear (@naturalized). Played for about 5 hours now and had no noticeable framedrops (pretty much just left the graphics settings the way they were (everything but texture quality on "high" or "very high")) and no crashes either. Smooth as you'd like!

Quite laughable that they push that iFruit app, but hasn't actually updated it so it's possible to select PC as a platform though. Rookie mistake.

Cina

Loving it so far! Runs really well on PC as well, so people holding back out of fear for a bad port seems to have nothing to fear (@naturalized). Played for about 5 hours now and had no noticeable framedrops (pretty much just left the graphics settings the way they were (everything but texture quality on "high" or "very high")) and no crashes either. Smooth as you'd like!

Quite laughable that they push that iFruit app, but hasn't actually updated it so it's possible to select PC as a platform though. Rookie mistake.
what gfx card do you have Wowi?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

San Andreas all day along. I also liked GTA 3 more than Vice City.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool

Yes you are...

San Andreas all day along. I also liked GTA 3 more than Vice City.
... Or not. I always preferred III & VC to SA & IV because I much prefer the mob stories to those of "da hood" and some Eastern European immigrants.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's not just about the story, I spent one milion hours free roaming in San Andreas when I finished the game because I liked the roads, weather, game itself, etc..

Ekeke

The servers were a nightmare for the first 3 or 4 hours as you'd expect. Had fairly good performance since then