Gaming Gran Turismo 5

Ok, I'll give it a go later after MOTD or tomorrow morning. Even if you don't want to do the F1 Ferrari seasonal event to get more XP and money, it's always fun in arcade mode where you can take them around any track you want (no XP or money here), or online in games set-up for those cars.

Leg-End, how is the Red Bull with a wheel? It was frustrating as feck with a pad due to the sheer speed and twitchyness of it, any slight mistake, off and disqualified. Took me bloody ages.

A million times better, I mean its still very hard to drive on the limit and your hands and mind are working at a thousand miles an hour but you can post consistent times. It's a great workout though.

You must be a fat feck if you see a computer game steering wheel as a workout. :lol:

Honestly with the force feedback and the Red Bull X1 your arms get a good sweat on, I challenge anyone not to. But yeah I'm fat, if 11 stone is considered fat these days.

Just done a 1:21.461, with a pad too :cool:

I don't doubt it dude, I only did a couple of laps on the wheel and most of it was cursing the FFB. I think 19's is possible on the wheel, especially if you took the time to mess around with setups.

If it was anyone but you mate yeah. Honestly thats a great time on the pad though.

Took me fecking ages to get into 1:21's and then brought it down a few times in quick succession, I'm pretty chuffed with it I have to say.

Told ya, its on the rev limiter halfway down the straight on the default settings.

Told ya, its on the rev limiter halfway down the straight on the default settings.

I think I'd messed with it before and had the final gear too long, so I shortened it and reduced the rear aero slightly. Result was that I was the tiniest amount short of the rev limiter just as I got to the braking zones and with the reduced ratios I also had slightly better acceleration. Perfect.

I reckon there's more time to be found now just by perfecting the lap, I've not really nailed Parabolica and I'm convinced there's a few tenths to gain with my entry to Ascari. Going to keep trying, it's pretty addictive.

You're not supposed to fiddle with it, then there's no baseline.

There's no power mods, it's just basic set up that you'd change from circuit to circuit.

Need to fiddle with my ratios a bit. Given it a bit more aero to get around Lesmo but I think i'll trim it back a bit. Parabolica you trail brake into and then nail it asap. What you're aiming for is to still be on the brakes hitting the first apex then slide it wide on full throttle.

Set a 21.7 with the controller. It's all about putting the power down into Retifello. If your using a controller, turn the traction control up to 2. It's not enough to affect the rest of the lap, but it keeps the rear end in line out of retifello

Never played with photo mode before, it's more difficult than it looks to get decent results.

Monza under changeable weather:
2w2lg1v.jpg

21kgzzp.jpg

2rwvr80.jpg

16i8dw7.jpg

28b4cr9.jpg

Around Monaco:
2ajvxc2.jpg

2uoqtmd.jpg

adhmhl.jpg

2v0ltfc.jpg

How do you think Forza 4 will compare Weaste? I really liked GT5 at 1st but never really played it after a month or so. Whereas I found Forza 3 easier just to pick up and play

They'll be comparable, just that the way they are structured is totally different. Forza is more friendly/accessible to the casual player with things like rewinds, assist mode, etc. The integration with Kinect though makes me a little nervous for it, as I think that it's going too far. Hopefully it also delivers on its promise of far more cars on the track than Forza 3 had. Shame they lost the Porches as well.

You reckon we'll see more cars and tracks added to GT5 by way of DLC?

This or next month. I wouldn't be surprised if we see an influx of RUF Porsches either.

I'd love to see.

2-3 Ruf's 'this is very big selling point'
2011 F-150 Italia 'maybe'
Aventador
Aston Martin Vantage 8 and 12.
2011, Audi R15

and a few more cars with the race modification option. I'd say the DB9, Gallarado, 430, 458 and SLS

Track wise, i'll think they'll probably just give us some old school tracks like Midfield and Apricot Hill and probably Motegi. I'd love for them to chuck Bristol motorspeedway in for Nascar. Might make people respect Nascar drivers a bit more. Even with 16 guys, the chaos would be insane.

I've already got 3 Rufs, bought my third a few nights ago in fact.

Anything additional would be great, but I'm really hoping for a few big tracks, Spa being top of the wish list.

They'll be comparable, just that the way they are structured is totally different. Forza is more friendly/accessible to the casual player with things like rewinds, assist mode, etc. The integration with Kinect though makes me a little nervous for it, as I think that it's going too far. Hopefully it also delivers on its promise of far more cars on the track than Forza 3 had. Shame they lost the Porches as well.

16 players online confirmed. The tyre model is being touted by the devs (I know they would) hopefully it's as good as they suggest.

There are quite a few spots on the Nordschleife where you go airborne, and some of them are approaching breaking zones. If you are going too fast you've no chance, as you should be breaking but can't. Not so much a problem in the dry, but in the wet it's a different matter.

007poster.gif