Gaming Gran Turismo 5

I'm getting a GT5 region 1 from someone much cheaper than a region 2 but my PSN account is region 2. I understand I can still play online but what would I be missing out on? Downloadable content?

Bottom of the page :mad:

Nailing a lap around that place is just about as fun as racing gets on a console, I went to a different zone in my head around it in the last AMG Academy challenge, SLS in the wet at maximum attack ended up beating the gold time by 29 seconds, highly recommend trying it when you unlock it.

Just got round to tuning my first car, my Shelby GT350R is now a bit of a beast! Although even with increased rigidity, stiffened suspension, racing softs and adjusted rear camber it still handles like a bag of crap! Although in a very entertaining way :lol:

Nailing a lap around that place is just about as fun as racing gets on a console, I went to a different zone in my head around it in the last AMG Academy challenge, SLS in the wet at maximum attack ended up beating the gold time by 29 seconds, highly recommend trying it when you unlock it.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

What. The. feck?!

I don't think I saved the replay on that one, I did for the GT-R record lap which was 7 seconds under though.

It's seems the new patch might have unlocked it, I'll have a look now. In the meantime I checked the last challenge, no replay but proof

34or4w7.jpg

I'm sure many others around the world have thrashed that but I'm proud of it.

That's immense. I assume you use a wheel rather than a control pad? I've not even done a wet race yet, I'd be all over the place!

Just got a Ferrari 512BB '76 for some Italian races and classic races, Christ almighty it's a handful to control, it goes sideways at the sight of a corner!

Nah thats with controller, its too much of a pain to keep hooking up the wheel from my PC. The wet challenge is all about being smooth, the dry one is much much harder as the time to beat is very hard.

Bloody hell that's even more impressive with a controller.

Just been struggling like mad with my Ferrari after I'd slightly increased the power, as it was just sliding all over the place. So I added an LSD and racing soft tyres and WOW! Its a whole new car!

Until they patch in the YouTube upload feature that they removed due to memory problems, there is no simple way without a capture card.

I'm assuming memory issues are due to the RSX?

I always suspected from the beginning that the RSX would be the bloody bottleneck of the PS3, simply because my previous computer which is about 4 years old was running on a Nvidia GS7900.. and even back then it was already considered mid-range!

We don't know how they have got things set up, but RSX can read and write to both pools of memory at high speed. Cell can't get at the RSX memory at high speed, even the read speed is somewhat borked, basically leaving it with 256MB to work with if that was empty. The normal thing is to get RSX to copy data out of the VRAM into the system RAM so Cell can work on it, and it is Cell that would do the video encoding, which itself would need more memory buffers to do that.

That's immense. I assume you use a wheel rather than a control pad? I've not even done a wet race yet, I'd be all over the place!

Just got a Ferrari 512BB '76 for some Italian races and classic races, Christ almighty it's a handful to control, it goes sideways at the sight of a corner!

I have that car, one of the first I bought. You need to soup it up and use less braking, more throttle control. Get soft tires on it as well.

I have that car, one of the first I bought. You need to soup it up and use less braking, more throttle control. Get soft tires on it as well.

Yea I'd been managing it with throttle control and as soft braking as I could get away with but then trying to tackle Suzuka in it was proving a nightmare so I added an LSD and racing soft tyres and it's a totally different story now, it's great.

As an aside, my Shelby GT350R was running 478bhp and then I did an oil change and it's now running 506bhp! That's one hell of an oil change!!

Yea I'd been managing it with throttle control and as soft braking as I could get away with but then trying to tackle Suzuka in it was proving a nightmare so I added an LSD and racing soft tyres and it's a totally different story now, it's great.

As an aside, my Shelby GT350R was running 478bhp and then I did an oil change and it's now running 506bhp! That's one hell of an oil change!!

:lol: nice. I think my Ferrari is running around 540bhp. I also have a Plymouth Cuda that me and a mate jacked up to about 720bhp, but it's still shite and the other day I picked up a Ruf Yellowbird in the ucd but I need to practice driving with it, I may add the LSD because I've done just about every other upgrade and the thing is a beast.

LSD made a huge different to my Ferrari. Can't comment on how much of a difference it made on the Mustang because I added so much stuff all at the same time.

My mate has an Audi RS6 Avant running something like 800bhp, that thing is insane.

Has anyone tried the seasonal events yet?

Golded the seasonal events, highly recommend people get them done as the rewards are great. Hardest one is the last one but get yourself a GT-R SpecV 09 and tune it, easy job then.

Will give the seasonal events a look tonight then, I expect I'll struggle to get bronze but never mind!

OK I managed to get silver on the first two, but the third one with the 1990 RX-7 is just impossible! I know I'm rubbish at this game but seriously, I can't even get out of last, the other cars are all faster and I can't put the power down because it'll just throw the back out! Frustrated.

Blimey, just finished third in the GT-R night race and my winnings were £550,000!!! Shame you can't keep entering and winning the money over and over.

How come cars I buy in the Used Car Dealership aren't available in the garage? New to Gran Turismo, is this how it's supposed to be?

Probably because you are looking in the Premium tab of the garage, all the used cars show up in the standard tab of the garage.

The full installation takes about 45 mins. Ignore the 'Time Remaining' counter....it's about as accurate as a blind man pissing in a hurricane. Just leave it to run.

Some of the graphics on the cars is just not on, in fairness. Some really, really poor graphics and then some shockingly awesome graphics.

It makes for a very unrealistic 'realistic' simulator.

Damned if they did, damned if they didn't.

The choice was use GT4/PSP models that have been upgraded along with scratch built highly detailed models that will never need to be made again for future editions or cut out the older models and just have 200+ cars instead of 1000+. They have also stated they will be upgrading standard models (obviously not all of them) in the future.