Gaming Gran Turismo 5

Now downloading, might hook the G25 up later though, usually brings the lap times down abit.

1.53.681 untuned after 2 laps, I havent driven a racing game on a controller since I last played Prologue which is well over a year ago.

Had a few laps last night, got 1.43, plenty more to come from that, not sure how the best players are getting 1.36, as I'm not sure I can find 7 seconds

941103_20090928_screen008.jpg

this screenie, makes me hard!

# All vehicles will have both physical and mechanical damage modeling

Awesome.

They showed a demo of GT5 running in 3D at this year's CES.

CES 2010: 3D PlayStation 3 Playable - PS3 story - at IGN

The 3D Gran Tursimo demo, however, made better use of the 3D despite not looking nearly as crisp as Gran Turismo 5. There was a definite sensation of depth as your car drifted around corners with railings and signs sliding past you. Following the demo lap, you get a replay of your performance. When the camera swings to look inside the car, your driver really appears to occupy 3D space inside the vehicle. The steering wheel, the dash, the seat – they don't just look like they are operating on separate planes, like a Viewmaster. It all really comes together and looks as if you are peering in on a 3D scene.

They didn't show it with the rumoured head tracking that is said to be in GT5 though, and my guess is that you would need two PS3s to get full final-game quality in 3D.

This is probably my final score:

hv86qs.png

I really can't push myself any further with the controller. I'm going to import a Logitech G25 over from the States before GT5 is released.

Looks pretty tasty to be honest. If they have decent AI racing this time it will be an amazing game.

Frans sent me some more stuff for thos that are interested. Game is looking great.

Frans said:
Gran Turismo 5 - Toyota FT-86 @ Tokyo R246

Gran Turismo 5 - Nissan Motul GTR @ Tokyo R246

Gran Turismo 5 Nurburgring Gameplay Movie
Gran Turismo 5 Nurburgring Gameplay Movie - PlayStation 3 Movies at GameSpot

Gran Turismo 5 Fuji Speedway Gameplay Movie
Gran Turismo 5 Fuji Speedway Gameplay Movie - PlayStation 3 Movies at GameSpot

Gran Turismo 5 Lamborghini Gallardo Gameplay Movie
Gran Turismo 5 Lamborghini Gallardo Gameplay Movie - PlayStation 3 Movies at GameSpot

Gran Turismo 5 McLaren F1 Gameplay Movie
Gran Turismo 5 McLaren F1 Gameplay Movie - PlayStation 3 Movies at GameSpot

Gran Turismo 5 Cars and Tracks Gameplay Movie
Gran Turismo 5 Cars and Tracks Gameplay Movie - PlayStation 3 Movies at GameSpot

:lol:

The drivers in these videos are always massively shit.

If it releases world wide on the same date its not bad news, if it still releases in Japan first we wont be seeing this game until nearer Christmas.

My guess would be that SCEJ (Japan), which Polyphony Digital comes under the control of, announced this release date for Japan, but SCEI (The parent company) wants a world wide release, and this does not fit with the other games to be released in the west at around the same time. Notably FFXIII and GOWIII. SCEJ, SCEA, and SCEE are sort of autonomous in when they release things, sometimes for example, an SCEJ developed game is not published by SCEA in America leaving third parties to publish Sony developed games there, same goes for SCEE in Europe. So, I think that they have been told from the top that this is going to be a worldwide simultaneous release, and that SCEJ need to hold back on it - they already have FFXIII and GOWIII isn't going to sell well there in any case.