Graham Potter | turns down Ajax job

Looks like he's another manager who's done very well at mid/lower-table clubs but can't quite cut it at the clubs where the expectancy and pressure are much higher. Likeable bloke though.

Put him in an underdog club like Southampton, Leeds etc. he'll come good again.

I’m amazed how badly they’re doing, for obvious reasons I really rated Potter and thought they should give him time to turn it around, but I think it’s time to re-evaluate that, this is relegation form after spending 600 million odd quid.

It can not last.
The board have to shoulder a huge part of the blame. To not have bought a single striker after spending £600m and it being the biggest problem area is criminal. They literally had no one decent before the window and ended it with no one added.

People can argue there weren’t any strikers available, but when your spending silly money like they were every striker has a price and is available at a certain price.

Joked about a crisis meeting on Friday…going to look like a right test if he goes now :lol:

Potter prediction time: "Thought we played well in parts. Unlucky not to come away with a good point"

No need for them to hit the panic button just yet.

Think they'll have enough to stay up.

Meh. Not worried. They’ve won the xG in a few games recently

Of course not. But we don't need to look far for an example of that do we and how much difference a manager can make?

Ten Hag had the offseason and had the luxury of bringing in his own squad.

But you are of course right, the only thing Chelsea CAN do to get something different outside a transfer window is replacing the one part that directly impacts proceedings on the pitch, ie. the manager.

I dont have the answers to Chelseas problems, but they have brought home at least 2 CL trophies by firing managers mid season.

Potter will be rolling out the usual excuses. Sad state of affairs....not that I'm complaining. Nothing more than they deserve.

Thought he would do well, given a bit of time. That may still be the case but unfortunately the short term results havent been at that minimum level needed to buy him more time. Has to go.

What are the odds of Boehly putting himself in the dugout till the end of the season? Worth a tenner I reckon.

You know, even if Potter just waves his sausage around in the lockerroom while receiting a hip new haiku, the players on the pitch should perform significantly better than they have. Regardless of tactics, the players are nowhere near clear of fault.

We used to say the same about our players but it just doesn't work that way. Look at how good some of these same player we have look under a proper manager

Rated him highly but it's gone terrible so far. I think I understimated the strength of the recruitment and structure at Brighton, they with Bloom and co are doing the heavy lifting at Brighton.

Who's available for them? Pochettino can't go there due to its previous history with spurs. Perhaps Gallador? He is still looking for work and Enzo Fernandez already played with him.

The board have to shoulder a huge part of the blame. To not have bought a single striker after spending £600m and it being the biggest problem area is criminal. They literally had no one decent before the window and ended it with no one added.

People can argue there weren’t any strikers available, but when your spending silly money like they were every striker has a price and is available at a certain price.
Agreed but since Boxing Day you’ve scored 4 premier league goals in 9 games and two of them were against Bournemouth.

Even with No out and out striker, Sterling, Felix, Pulisic, Havertz, Mount etc should be doing better than that.

Tbf I haven’t watched you much, are you creating lots of chances and just fluffing them?

Chelsea's resident fan Postman Pat probably thinks Potter is still doing a great job.

Fancy bring on Aubamayang and the ukranian backstreet boy to save the match.

Boehly probably knows someone in the States who will come in and save this mess.

jesse-marsch-rb-leipzig-coach