Graham Potter | turns down Ajax job

He was put in an impossible position, boehly was clearly dumping player after player on him that was not requested by potter, it's no secret that he only signed Fernandez because fans told him to on twitter, it's the same rubbish we saw under woodward with his ambitions of turning old Trafford into Disney land

What I don't get is how his fans still think he could be a good England manager some day, when he clearly cannot get a tune out of an assembled squad with little training time.

He was put in an impossible position, boehly was clearly dumping player after player on him that was not requested by potter, it's no secret that he only signed Fernandez because fans told him to on twitter, it's the same rubbish we saw under woodward with his ambitions of turning old Trafford into Disney land
Funny how we had the Chelsea fans here denying this when we'd already seen the script.

He can’t possibly complain about being given the likes of Felix and Enzo Fernandes. They are quality players. There is more than enough quality in this squad for him to get a better tune out of them. If this result holds, that will be one goal scored in 6 games. It’s pathetic.

They we’re screaming out for a midfielder though and was given apparently one of the best young players in Europe, they can’t then turn around and say it’s too many players

2-0 :lol:

Surely if they lose against Dortmund he'll be gone. It's ridiculous at this point.

Wonder how much Boehly regrets firing Tuchel.

This will be it.

Deffo gone tomorrow they can’t carry on like this

Plenty more league defeats coming up in the run in. They'll struggle to get past 50 points.

He'll be gone if they don't beat Dortmund.

It’s going to be sad to see, but he’s a gonner.

You can’t survive if Spurs are winning a big game against you.

Absolute disaster for him. I hope he keeps this form going but stays

I mean if people took that view why would you ever sack anyone? Why did we sack Moyes when it was already long past the point of saving the season?

Fan anger is rising.

They never lose to Spurs normally too so if he manages to lose to them it will be really bad with their fans.
But they won’t get their top target now, nobody is leaving to take over this Chelsea side especially where they are now.
Sack Potter and it’s a lower tier manager that will either be sacked by the end of the season anyway or ruins next season by going on a little run and having to walk away next year when form evens out. Then. They’re back to square one.
It’s the Ole / Rangnick season as an example.
Saying that, lose v Leeds and it’s a genuine relegation battle for them

This will be it.

Deffo gone tomorrow they can’t carry on like this

You have to figure they are going to have to fire Potter. Even though they have somehow scrapped themselves into the conversation for a top 4 spot, this Spurs team has played dire football this year and isn't really upper echelon.

Chelsea should have been competing better against them and at least getting a draw.

But they won’t get their top target now, nobody is leaving to take over this Chelsea side especially where they are now.
Sack Potter and it’s a lower tier manager that will either be sacked by the end of the season anyway or ruins next season by going on a little run and having to walk away next year when form evens out. Then. They’re back to square one.

I think just sacking him and getting an interim in would probably be better though.

It's going to get ugly if they refuse to get rid. I really hope they don't sack him though , I want him to stay as their manager as long as possible because it's fascinating to see how low they can drop.

I think just sacking him and getting an interim in would probably be better though.

It's going to get ugly if they refuse to get rid. I really hope they don't sack him though , I want him to stay as their manager as long as possible because it's fascinating to see how low they can drop.
Read today that they can’t sack him without fecking up ffp since it’s genuinely 50 odd million pay off so they have to wait until he walks.
Might not be true but it would make a lot of sense

Still you need a change. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again.

they are going nowhere with him. Last 16 games it’s relegation form.

they have scored 8 goals in the league since middle of October. Haven’t scored more than one goal in a game since 4 and a half months.

I mean for a top team that also invested half a billion it’s appalling.

You know, even if Potter just waves his sausage around in the lockerroom while receiting a hip new haiku, the players on the pitch should perform significantly better than they have. Regardless of tactics, the players are nowhere near clear of fault.

The backflips I've seen to try and excuse this shit from Potter is astonishing. Chelsea have been dreadful under Potter, and some would have you think this Chelsea side isn't capable of any better.

Odds of potter being sacked? Something in the region of 100%?

Without a goal scorer we'll still be shite with whoever comes in. 45 points the goal?

Clearlake burned billions of dollars buying the club. That's the bigger picture here.

You know, even if Potter just waves his sausage around in the lockerroom while receiting a hip new haiku, the players on the pitch should perform significantly better than they have. Regardless of tactics, the players are nowhere near clear of fault.

Of course not. But we don't need to look far for an example of that do we and how much difference a manager can make?

I remember seeing videos pop up a couple of months ago tagged “potterball” showing us what he was all about when they were luckily scraping wins at the beginning. Probably won’t hear any more of that.

They’ve hired the likes of Benitez before to see them through a season there’s absolutely nothing to play for this year they might get rid and get someone In on a contract till summer

I‘ve never seen a manager do so poorly with a huge club and turn it around they’re 10th on goal difference battling with Villa and Palace

It’s not like they’re just unlucky either they look dreadful

Even at our worst last season we still managed to win against Spurs. And we were awful.

I’m amazed how badly they’re doing, for obvious reasons I really rated Potter and thought they should give him time to turn it around, but I think it’s time to re-evaluate that, this is relegation form after spending 600 million odd quid.

It can not last.

I seriously don't think even Rangnick was this bad.
He wasn’t. Potters chelsea have scored just 5 goals in their last 12 matches now. Shocking.

They are only 10 points off relegation now. :lol: