Graham Potter | turns down Ajax job

Yeah no. I would not want Poch, Enrique or Tuchel back. I don’t advocate or support firings but if he were to leave I’d be much happier if they offered the job to Emma Hayes. She speaks with much more authority than Potter does and has achieved so much in the women’s game. I have no hate or anger to Potter but winners carry themselves differently. It’s getting a little irritating now that the media keep questioning him and his responses come across flat. He needs to channel his inner cnut, if he has one.

I really fecking hope this happens.

:lol: Good point. I still fancy Liverpool or Chelsea to get 4th though, It’s there for the taking if someone can get their shit together.

Damn you and your (entirely appropriate) condescension!

But honestly I just don't see a scenario where we overhaul Spurs, Newcastle, and Liverpool (to say nothing of the other 4 teams in between right now). Too many players to integrate post-window by an inadequate manager - especially because the way we are set up right now seems to be to promote chaos. I just think that it's more likely we could fluke our way through a tournament than it is to have the consistency required to climb the table.

I thought he'd last until Dortmund but if they lose to Spurs they'll be 14 points behind them. If they get European Conference League it will be a miracle.
The teams ahead of them aren't all going to collapse.

They were above United after GW13. After GW24 they're 18 points behind. Criminally bad.

This may be the last time.

Today at training. Boehly either has the greatest poker face or Potter is good.
WhatsApp-Image-2023-02-24-at-20.09.34.jpeg

Fans need to be careful what they do, they might unleash the hitherto unseen Potternator and get a smacking while browsing posh wallpaper or whatever happens down that end of the world!

Either way, nobody should be getting that sort of thing aimed at them.

Not a Chelsea fan but love this answer, Emma Hayes actually does make sense to me and Potter does need to channel it, maybe that's the problem, he just doesn't have a fully developed one yet?
Not for me.

With all the respect in the world due to her men's football and women's football even at elite level is a bigger gap than PL and non league.

Plus we absolutely dominate at women's level, would rather leave her and them be.

So he's been getting death threats. Chelsea really do have the scummiest, horrible bunch of fans in Britain.

Disgusting that he’s had to deal with that. Some people do not deserve football.

Bizarre to see Chelsea fans hurling vile abuse at a white guy for a change. This is probably as enlightened as those lads are ever going to get.

He doesn't deserve all of the shite he's getting. It's totally unnaceptable and those responsible for the death threats should be prosecuted.

He should also be sacked. He's out of his depth.

fhydegesgf.png

I am sure it's more common that we think. All the racial abuse that players get only gets highlighted after big profile games. But I am sure it happens on a daily basis too.
Yep.

Even if Potter was Mourinho 1.0 he would still attract some of these people, it's (wrongly) a part of being famous.

Its going to be best for him to shake hands and move on. I don't see a recovery from here.

The abuse is terrible, but he carries himself like Brittany Spears, not a football manager.

He doesn't deserve all of the shite he's getting. It's totally unnaceptable and those responsible for the death threats should be prosecuted.

fhydegesgf.png
That 15/16 meltdown probably messed up Mourinho’s numbers.

That 15/16 meltdown probably messed up Mourinho’s numbers.

16 games 4 victories 3 draw 9 defeats.

Removing those 16 result, and his win rate is 69+% if I do the math right.

The defeat rate before the meltdown was insane. Only 19 defeats in almost 200 PL games.

Last edited:
"Speaking to a few of the experienced guys, they said it was the worst pre-season they've had. Organisationally, the tour didn't work as well as they'd like. I wasn't there so I can't say," Potter said.

Potter blaming Tuchel for his failure now. He's entered Ralf Rangnick mode. Entertaining interviews!

I've changed my mind on Potter. He's way out of his depth just based on his recent press conferences. Hasn't improved or adapted to life at a big club.

I've changed my mind on Potter. He's way out of his depth just based on his recent press conferences. Hasn't improved or adapted to life at a big club.
He definitely is, which is a shame because he's a good manager but he's no where near equipped enough to deal with a club that has the expectations of Chelsea. It's a lazy comparison but he sounds like a watered down version of Moyes, saying all the things you don't want your manager to say when you've just lost to Southampton or a rival.

fhydegesgf.png

Funny how Jose fell out with Chelsea fans despite being their most successful manager.

The fans should blame Boehly as well. He didnt have a clear idea and forced his will too much to football side of things. You dont buy players the manager never asked for. Having 30 players is not better than having 22 players. Now Potter has to deal with d
threats. What a joke.

Last edited:
Death threats to him and his family.

Lovely. The absolute scum of the earth that find their way into football never ceases to amaze me.

Is it actual death threats? Saying you want someone to die isn't one I wouldn't have thought.

Don't get me wrong, it's extremely unpleasant abuse, it's not something that anyone should be facing and it's bang out of order. It's the kind of hateful thing that actually could tip a vulnerable or under pressure person over the edge.

When it comes to law threatening someone, saying you will kill them is illegal. I don't think saying you hope someone dies or want them to die is but am not 100% sure on that. Maybe those sending those messages are banking on that and if so perhaps a change in law could be warranted in the future.

Edit: Hopefully they could get them under the malicious communications regulations. I'm far from an expert but thinking on, I believe there's something along the lines of anything intending to cause distress or alarm in there.

Last edited:
The fans should blame Boehly as well. He didnt have a clear idea and forced his will too much to football side of things. You dont buy players the manager never asked for. Having 30 players is not better than having 22 players. Now Potter has to deal with d
threats. What a joke.

Your post comes from lack of understanding of Boehlynomics. Its quite simple. If you buy up all players, your opponent won't improve. In this perspective, having 30 players IS better than having 22 ;)

Your post comes from lack of understanding of Boehlynomics. Its quite simple. If you buy up all players, your opponent won't improve. In this perspective, having 30 players IS better than having 22 :boring:
And also to recoup as much of his initial outlay via loan interest as soon as possible.

Your post comes from lack of understanding of Boehlynomics. Its quite simple. If you buy up all players, your opponent won't improve. In this perspective, having 30 players IS better than having 22 ;)
Until your club starts to become a meme and the players dont fit the club/manager so you have to sell some of them anyway.

Until your club starts to become a meme and the players dont fit the club/manager so you have to sell some of them anyway.

Don't think Boehly cares about being #1 in football. All the stuff that goes on around that club seems to have nothing to do with football at all. Being #1 in transfers is all that matters and they're the most successful club ever if you view it that way. Fans are happy getting outplayed by Southampton as long as there's an announcement next day that they've made a bid to sign Felix for 100m permanently, or are exploring signing Oshimen.

Don't think Boehly cares about being #1 in football. All the stuff that goes on around that club seems to have nothing to do with football at all. Being #1 in transfers is all that matters and they're the most successful club ever if you view it that way. Fans are happy getting outplayed by Southampton as long as there's an announcement next day that they've made a bid to sign Felix for 100m permanently, or are exploring signing Oshimen.
:lol: Takes me back to Woodward days :nervous:

So he's been getting death threats. Chelsea really do have the scummiest, horrible bunch of fans in Britain.
Firstly, It’s likely a minority of “fans” which every club has, children or people posing as fans and secondly, there are plenty worse fans than ours, though I accept publicly Chelsea fans have been absolutely brain dead at times in recent history.
Potter blaming Tuchel for his failure now. He's entered Ralf Rangnick mode. Entertaining interviews!
Our pre-season was absolutely terrible. I said it at the time that it started too late.
By the time we played arsenal on the 23rd July we had played 2 games; club America 16th July, Charlotte 20th July.
To put that into perspective; Arsenal had played Ipswich July 2nd, Nurnberg July 8th, Everton July 16th and Orlando July 20th. It was their 5th match.
Further perspective, Man Utd we’re playing for the 4th time on 23rd.

On top of that the squad that went..
Alonso
Emerson
Kenedy
Ampadu
Colwill
Sarr
Gilmour
Vale
Anjorin
Batshuayi
Hudson-Odoi
Werner

Are no longer at the club at this moment in time. Some sold, some loaned. 12 out of 29 players. At what point do we consider that good practice.

Again I have no idea who was at fault for that shit show but Tuchel needs to take some accountability. Fans and rivals fans seem to always ignore that he caused some of the problems that we face in the present like the summer transfer window and I don’t really understand why he gets a pass but Potter doesn’t.

Though I can say our bad planning may have contributed to a poor beginning to the season I don’t agree that it would be continuing to affect us at this point in the season. But if Potter has an issue with it I sure hope he has a better schedule for the coming summer.

C
Is it actual death threats? Saying you want someone to die isn't one I wouldn't have thought.

There have been previous such threats from some of the club's pretend would-be terrorists

Stephen Hunt
Anders Frisk
Terje Hauge
Tom Henning Ovrebo
Avram Grant
a ball boy at Swansea
Petr Cech
Tammy Abraham
Kepa Arrizabalaga
Willian
Raphinha
Mason Mount

... and maybe more

Ok, the highly toxic white powder sent to Grant turned out to be harmless when the police had it tested, but it's still a version of terrorism

Last edited: