Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face it, the only people that want middle east investment are just after money being pumped in to buy the best players and buy the biggest titles.

We used to take the piss out of other clubs like Chelsea and City who bought their way from obscurity to success. Now that we're in obscurity in terms of competing for top titles, everybody is bending over for that money. The double standards is funny, but most football fans are hypocrites and that's why you can't trust the opinion of anybody, especially on here where I notice it a lot, because they change their opinion at the drop of a hat.
People want their club to compete for trophies. Shocker. Club is in a bad financial state I think it's quite obvious, it's been milked dry by our current parasite owners. We CAN compete in the transfer market against others as long as we spend £0 on anything else, which we have successfully done for the past 2 decades. What we cannot do is upgrade infrastructure and still keep spending money in the transfer market unless we take even more debt.
With ME we know exactly why they would buy us. We know exactly what we will get. Others? A complete lottery. Very likely we would replace one kind of leeches with another similar kind. A scenario where an US or UK consortium wouldn't see us as an investment and expect a return is really hard to see. ME is just a safer option from that perspective.

It’s like the transfer threads in here - replace player name with new owner’s names and it’s exactly the same type of responses.

In other words - you don’t have to panic every time you see us linked with someone. Manchester United is huge news. Mike Keegan obviously has a source but his source could be a massive BS merchant.

Since January it’s been:

“Ratcliffe is buying us”

“Qatar is buying us”

“Saudis are buying us”

“No, it’s Qatar”

“Musk has entered the ring”

Everybody panic!

Just chill. Whatever happens, happens. We have zero say in the matter.
Might as well close the thread then?

What a lot of nonsense. Whilst he obviously hasn’t got vast wealth of oil states he and his company can easily afford to purchase United and remove the debt. The club can bankroll itself easily.
Running the club ‘as a business’ simply means being prudent, not being wasteful and incompetent. It’s actually in the clubs interest.
All this Brexiteer rubbish is irrelevant too. We had a vote, some were pro, some were anti and there were pros and cons to both views. It’s done and gone and has no bearing on his ability to buy and run a football club. If we are going to have a debate about the pros and cons of prospective bidders let’s keep it relevant and reasoned.
Just because you want it to happen, doesn’t mean it will happen.

Ratcliffe isn’t going to outbid parties like Qatar or Saudis anyway, so it’s all moot. He’s small time compared and the Glazers will sell to the person with the biggest penis/pair of boobs.

I don’t think Musk is a sports guy. He’d be just a minor consortium member with the Qataris at most. He did share a box with the CEO of the QIA at the World Cup final though, with QIA being the Qatari party who are interested in us. Maybe a coincidence though.

Might as well close the thread then?
I’m not saying that. It’s the constant negativity and panic stations. It’s an exciting time for Utd fans yet RedCafe will find a way to make everything depressing.

Now just need for the Apple rumours to come back and we will have successfully complete a full circle.

The shares of the siblings, if sold, lose their voting rights which they hold currently. Hence why the shares are not worth much. Only way it works is if all of them sell. Even if one remains, they have more voting rights than all the shares sold.
Hm, thanks for that bit, didn't know that. But like I've said with other topics with regard to the sale, they can make it work (only thing is whether the plc bit would make it more difficult). Maybe all shares get converted to class A but those of them who want to stay get a multiplier applied to keep their voting rights, while Qatar get their majority stake.

I am completely making it up at this point but these things are possible given there is a will on both sides.

If we imagine that's why the Glazers were in Qatar - to try to stay on as passive investors after their siblings sell - the whole story makes sense to me.

Hahaha even Keegan knows it’s pretty much nailed on qatars , this is just a silly headline to get clicks. There will be more, Apple will come in next.

I am wholly convinced that Keegan is trolling us.
A guy who has more money than he can spend in 7000 lifetimes who is looking to rebuild his reputation, loves attention and owns a social media platform heavily linked to football engagement that was special guest of the Saudis during the World Cup…owning the most supported football club on the planet does unfortunately kinda make a bit of sense.

Musk would be a disaster. Maybe if he's minority investor but him owning the club would make Boehly look like a conservative owner.

A guy who has more money than he can spend in 7000 lifetimes who is looking to rebuild his reputation, loves attention and owns a social media platform heavily linked to football engagement that was special guest of the Saudis during the World Cup…owning the most supported football club on the planet does unfortunately kinda make a bit of sense.
He'd be making transfer window polls on twitter.

He broke the Qatar story…

no-god-please-no.gif

I'd rather keep the Glazers than have that lunatic as our owner. Christ almighty.

He'd be making transfer window polls on twitter.
That's what you can call fan engagement. Isn't that what we want from our new owners? :drool: Twitter poll for signings, starting XI, subs. What could possibly go wrong.

That's what you can call fan engagement. Isn't that what we want from our new owners? :drool: Twitter poll for signings, starting XI, subs. What could possibly go wrong.
It would go smoothly right?!
I'm sure opposition fans will be salivating at the prospect of being able to vote 'yes' when Musk polls twitter on whether we should sell Old Trafford and sack Ten Hag.
:lol:

Who should be our manager;

ETH, Mourinho, Moyes, Cute cuddly dog.

Must be twitter blue to vote :P

Haha yea destroy the club we all love to stick it to the libs, it’d be amazing!
I don’t believe it for a minute, but it'll be interesting to contrast the reactions to this and any prospective ME ownership.

One silver lining - Glazers aren't getting a pay day.

Petty, maybe, but I'd be kind of glad. The less they get selling us - the better.

Dream scenario - someone buys us for 6 billion, insists on paying cash, Glazers load the money in a container, en route to Tampa ship hits an iceberg, sinks, money lost forever.

Petty, maybe, but I'd be kind of glad. The less they get selling us - the better.

Dream scenario - someone buys us for 6 billion, insists on paying cash, Glazers load the money in a container, en route to Tampa ship hits an iceberg, sinks, money lost forever.
But they are though

They're getting a payday, it's a matter of how big not if. Their dad spent 300m or so (plus 500m of debt that remains for the club) to now stand to make 3bn or so (given they don't own all the shares).

This is on top of no investment, dividends for years and consultancy fees for them and their mates.

Breaking from Bloomberg
Qatar expected to bid for Manchester United.

Thats substantial because bloomberg know their shit and get it verified.

Status
Not open for further replies.