Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I can see is the Glazer siblings that want to sell do so and this is a stake that gives majority control to the new owners (over 50% of voting rights).

Avram and Joel can then stay on as passive investors and just benefit from the asset appreciation without actually running the club.

It would feel dirty to have them stay on but in practical terms, the new owners would run the club, so it won't/shouldn't make a difference to us fans.

As someone else pointed out, if they could have bought out their siblings, they would have done so or even invested in the club themselves if they think there's so much upside left.

The other siblings clearly just want out, but their Class B shares will never realise their true value on the open market, because they automatically convert to Class A shares (with one tenth of the voting rights) at the point of sale. If Joel/Avram can raise the money to buy them out at a 'fair' value, the siblings will surely go for it. They tried and failed to do this with Apollo last summer. Urgh. I would hate this outcome.

The Glazers clearly only care about money. That's been shown again and again. So anything they say that sounds otherwise is just a negotiating ploy.

Don’t believe a word of it. Why attract buyers to buff up the price if this was the plan all along?

It’s complete nonsense, they’d need to borrow something like 1.5-2 billion to buy their siblings out and all the existing financial issues the club has would still exist.

The other siblings clearly just want out, but their Class B shares will never realise their true value on the open market, because they automatically convert to Class A shares (with one tenth of the voting rights) at the point of sale. If Joel/Avram can raise the money to buy them out at a 'fair' value, the siblings will surely go for it. They tried and failed to do this with Apollo last summer. Urgh. I would hate this outcome.

makes no sense to take 'fair' when they have Qatar and Saudi's in the bidding

No way they don't sell now, it's a negotiation tactic
There’s no way the two broke fecking broke Glazers can offer more than Qatar.
It doesn’t make sense on any level.
I have to question the source here, wasn’t this reported weeks ago? That they wanted to buy everyone else out but couldn’t do it, hence the sale?

Well SJR is less likely than that. They want 5-6bn and he wants to pay 3.5-4bn. Its never ever happening.

Also dont sleep on the news that came out last week. Super League is likely coming soon.
ESL won't happen. There will be massive protests. Also the Glazers need investment. They are under pressure and the value of the club has peaked in the current climate.

There’s no way the two broke fecking broke Glazers can offer more than Qatar.
It doesn’t make sense on any level.
I have to question the source here, wasn’t this reported weeks ago? That they wanted to buy everyone else out but couldn’t do it, hence the sale?

Joel and Avram couldn't do it themselves - they'd need a PE firm to come in. They tried it in summer 2022 with Apollo - I wonder if Raine have found them an alternative.

The concern is this news is coming out with the deadline fast approaching. It could be the offers they’ve received thus far aren’t close to meeting their valuation. Now even though their valuation is clearly unrealistic, they’re the owners at the end of the day so if no one meets their price or at least comes pretty close to it then the leeches will remain in charge. Unfortunately they’ll have the final say in all of this which is terrifying.

What I can see is the Glazer siblings that want to sell do so and this is a stake that gives majority control to the new owners (over 50% of voting rights).

Avram and Joel can then stay on as passive investors and just benefit from the asset appreciation without actually running the club.

It would feel dirty to have them stay on but in practical terms, the new owners would run the club, so it won't/shouldn't make a difference to us fans.

As someone else pointed out, if they could have bought out their siblings, they would have done so or even invested in the club themselves if they think there's so much upside left.

I see this as a likely outcome too. 4 of the 6 Glazers sell their share to the highest bidder while Avram and Joel stay on as minority share holders.

makes no sense to take 'fair' when they have Qatar and Saudi's in the bidding

Would Qatar or the Saudis accept Joel and Avram sticking around, stinking the place out? Probably not. US private equity firm on the other hand...

Ultimately, if Joel and Avram want to remain in situ, nobody can force them to sell. It's nauseating.

The shares of the siblings, if sold, lose their voting rights which they hold currently. Hence why the shares are not worth much. Only way it works is if all of them sell. Even if one remains, they have more voting rights than all the shares sold.

Would Qatar or the Saudis accept Joel and Avram sticking around, stinking the place out? Probably not. US private equity firm on the other hand...

Ultimately, if Joel and Avram want to remain in situ, nobody can force them to sell. It's nauseating.

Why would a private equity firm want to keep Joel and Avram at United? Do you like their money go in the drain? Also who on earth would want to piss Qatar and Saudi royal family off by offering and then refusing to sell them the asset they want? They aren't exactly the type of people you want to piss off

No Qatar and the saudis want full control which is why the siblings aren’t going to be happy with fair value - which is around 3.5bn going by the share price, they can get at least 50% more

Let's face it, the only people that want middle east investment are just after money being pumped in to buy the best players and buy the biggest titles.

We used to take the piss out of other clubs like Chelsea and City who bought their way from obscurity to success. Now that we're in obscurity in terms of competing for top titles, everybody is bending over for that money. The double standards is funny, but most football fans are hypocrites and that's why you can't trust the opinion of anybody, especially on here where I notice it a lot, because they change their opinion at the drop of a hat.

I will be physically sick if after all this optimism the Glazers end up staying on

Let's face it, the only people that want middle east investment are just after money being pumped in to buy the best players and buy the biggest titles.

We used to take the piss out of other clubs like Chelsea and City who bought their way from obscurity to success. Now that we're in obscurity in terms of competing for top titles, everybody is bending over for that money. The double standards is funny, but most football fans are hypocrites and that's why you can't trust the opinion of anybody, especially on here where I notice it a lot, because they change their opinion at the drop of a hat.

I've never taken the piss out of other clubs about their spending. I've taken the piss out of ours, who have spent the most (prior to Boehly).

Spending money on transfers haven't ever been an issue, it's how we've spent it, and who've given the responsibility on doing so.

I want ME owners due to them more likely than not looking for short - medium term returns. They will spend the money on the facilities.

I've had enough of being run like a business, which no doubts INEOS and US consortium would run us as

The Glazers aren't going to stay on, the whole point of selling is that we're currently at maximum value, Newcastle are going to be permanent title challengers within a season or 2, so that's them and city basically always top 4, which leaves 2 spots for us, Chelsea, Liverpool, spurs and arsenal to compete over. The stadium and facilities need big investment, the squad needs a lot of investment and the debt is hanging over the club.

If the Glazers stay, within 5-10 years the value of the club will plummet, they know this is the moment they have to sell, before Newcastle take the big leap forward to being title challengers

He broke the Qatar story…

feck right off.

He's shown with Twitter how much of a man-child he is. He'd make stupid ridiculous changes just to make himself feel better and would probably sack the manager if he ever dared challenge him.

It’s like the transfer threads in here - replace player name with new owner’s names and it’s exactly the same type of responses.

In other words - you don’t have to panic every time you see us linked with someone. Manchester United is huge news. Mike Keegan obviously has a source but his source could be a massive BS merchant.

Since January it’s been:

“Ratcliffe is buying us”

“Qatar is buying us”

“Saudis are buying us”

“No, it’s Qatar”

“Musk has entered the ring”

Everybody panic!

Just chill. Whatever happens, happens. We have zero say in the matter.

Musk is not qatar/saudi, he is filthy rich and is as much of a United supporter as a Chelsea season ticket holder

You just knew he was going to be there somewhere ever since his seemingly random as hell tweet last summer:

That's the key thing. The class B shares lose their value the moment it's sold on outside the family. Only possible way for the Glazers to remain (Avram and Joel) is for them to raise the needed money. I seriously doubt anyone in their right minds is giving them a couple of billions for zero say in running the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.