German Football 23/24 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Pep please. Let Pep have a go to dominate the international football.

Völler ruled himself out of contention.

When I hear/read Völler's statements these days the first thing that comes to my mind is alternative for Germany, so it's quite surprising that he doesn't see himself as the right guy.

Last edited:

Nagelsmann until the summer and by then Tuchel will probably have gotten himself sacked.

Tah? Is it the annual two weeks where people say his clown days are behind him now? Henrichs instead of Gosens would seem a bit peculiar, too - if this is indeed how they will play.

Aaannnnd Müller up front. :lol:

Looking at the bench he doesn't have a lot of alternatives. Gnabry or Havertz and then Brandt or Hofmann out wide. Doesn't look that convincing to me either. On the other hand there is probably no chance at all that Müller would start upfront at the Euros, so from that point of view it would make sense to for example give Havertz another chance, even if he didn't earn it recently.

Tah? Is it the annual two weeks where people say his clown days are behind him now? Henrichs instead of Gosens would seem a bit peculiar, too - if this is indeed how they will play.

I actually don’t mind Henrichs. But with this setup Germany will have zero control in midfield.

I actually don’t mind Henrichs. But with this setup Germany will have zero control in midfield.

Starting Henrichs isn't really that strange, I'd just be a bit surprised if he's playing on the left, since he mostly plays on the right for Leipzig - as far as I'm aware.

How is Muller not 45 yet? Feels like he s been playing international footie as long as I can remember. One of those cult heroes of footie to me. When he retires I'll def feel old as well.

I'm sure Flick must be over the moon watching this. Seeing Gündogan throw himself after balls and Emre Can beating the pressing with back heel lobs.

Who is this guy and what has he done to Müller? Scoring as a CF and then messing up a final pass instead, very un-Müller-like

How is Muller not 45 yet? Feels like he s been playing international footie as long as I can remember. One of those cult heroes of footie to me. When he retires I'll def feel old as well.

34 tomorrow. 14 years ago he scored his first 2 bundesliga goals - in Dortmund...

Tah? Is it the annual two weeks where people say his clown days are behind him now?

If you didnt have a weird agenda against everything coming out of Leverkusen you maybe would have recognized that Tah has been brilliant for the whole calendar year and definetly deserved to start for the national team again. Especially when you consider the performances of his competitors like Schlotterbeck. And he had a great game yesterday, in a position he never played at.

If you didnt have a weird agenda against everything coming out of Leverkusen you maybe would have recognized that Tah has been brilliant for the whole calendar year and definetly deserved to start for the national team again. Especially when you consider the performances of his competitors like Schlotterbeck. And he had a great game yesterday, in a position he never played at.
Installing Völler to play all the Leverkusen players… I see what you’re doing there! :wenger:

Installing Völler to play all the Leverkusen players… I see what you’re doing there! :wenger:

Völler, Wolf, Tah, Henrichs, Can, Wirtz, Havertz, Brandt and Hofmann - about time Germany gets its own Leverkusen axis :cool:

Völler, Wolf, Tah, Henrichs, Can, Wirtz, Havertz, Brandt and Hofmann - about time Germany gets its own Leverkusen axis :cool:
Most of them don't even play or work there any more :lol: But I know thatyou know that, no worries.

But a sudden realization struck me hard (well, when I read it not my thought...): Whenever Sandro Wagner will now work as commentator/pundit for a match of the national team, he won't should up about this one match where he coached them.

But a sudden realization struck me hard (well, when I read it not my thought...): Whenever Sandro Wagner will now work as commentator/pundit for a match of the national team, he won't should up about this one match where he coached them.

I'm actually looking forward to that :lol:

I see, so we can repeat the successes of 2002!

I think a EC final would be deemed a success for Germany in the current situation ;) Besides that, you and me know that by the time the EC starts, Leverkusen will surely have overcome its Vizekusen curse!

Last edited:
I'm actually looking forward to that :lol:
Me too, at least a bit. I am still not sure if I rate him, but I do think that he is one of the most entertaining pundits. Doesn't shy away from speaking his mind, but also clearly someone who just likes football. And while biased, he is biased on a personal level, not a stupid "Germany/German team first" bias like some others (I remember him declaring his love for Chiellini for example, not sure if during a club or an international match).

Me too, at least a bit. I am still not sure if I rate him, but I do think that he is one of the most entertaining pundits. Doesn't shy away from speaking his mind, but also clearly someone who just likes football. And while biased, he is biased on a personal level, not a stupid "Germany/German team first" bias like some others (I remember him declaring his love for Chiellini for example, not sure if during a club or an international match).

I like him as well but he definitely can be a bit cringeworthy at times :lol: but he speaks his mind, even if I don't agree with everything he says

I like him as well but he definitely can be a bit cringeworthy at times :lol: but he speaks his mind, even if I don't agree with everything he says
True. But I much more like to hear him say something cringeworthy than Schweinsteiger claiming "they scored a goal and didn't concede" is punditry. Probably the most boring and useless pundit there is. The true idiots at least are funny.

I've been seeing that post about once a year by one of the many Leverkusen fans on this forum for about as long as I'm registered. Usually early into the season, before too much football has been played. Let's hope this time it's actually true.

I've been seeing that post about once a year by one of the many Leverkusen fans on this forum for about as long as I'm registered. Usually early into the season, before too much football has been played. Let's hope this time it's actually true.

I don't think that's true. He had a short high in Seoane's first season until the blunder against Bayern but was mediocre for very long before that. Now he's playing much better, though. Still has to prove he's not that error prone anymore, I agree with you. But the same can be said about pretty much every CB Germany has. Schlotterbeck for instance has produced as many blunders for Germany as Tah did for Leverkusen in the last 5 years. In general, I think Süle, Schlotterbeck, Tah, Thiaw and Ginter are very close right now.

I don't think that's true. He had a short high in Seoane's first season until the blunder against Bayern but was mediocre for very long before that. Now he's playing much better, though. Still has to prove he's not that error prone anymore, I agree with you. But the same can be said about pretty much every CB Germany has. Schlotterbeck for instance has produced as many blunders for Germany as Tah did for Leverkusen in the last 5 years. In general, I think Süle, Schlotterbeck, Tah, Thiaw and Ginter are very close right now.

If I have to choose between an inconsistent 27 year old and two inconsistent talents, who already moved to bigger clubs than the old(er) guy ever dared/did, then it's not a very long deliberation for me. Ginter isn't much of a factor anymore and Süle has clearly been more stable.

If I have to choose between an inconsistent 27 year old and two inconsistent talents, who already moved to bigger clubs than the old(er) guy ever dared/did, then it's not a very long deliberation for me. Ginter isn't much of a factor anymore and Süle has clearly been more stable.

I have the feeling this season is going to be an absolute nightmare for you :lol:

Strong counterpoint, I'm convinced.

You know as well as me that convincing you of anything that could be interpreted as even remotely positive for Bayer 04 Leverkusen is a lost cause anyway, so I might as well just have a little bit of fun ;)

You know as well as me that convincing you of anything that could be interpreted as even remotely positive for Bayer 04 Leverkusen is a lost cause anyway, so I might as well just have a little bit of fun ;)

He will wait until Tah makes his first mistake of the year 2023 to tell us "I told you so!"

Stop arguing about who will come in second in the Bundesliga! :drool:

Last edited:
You see Leipzig ahead of us?
Unfortunately yes, Leipzig has so much more experience and now depth coming with it. Leverkusen is super talented and playing exciting football and I love Alonso, but Leipzig that his wily side in them which makes them tougher to beat atm.

I just came here to say I hate Dortmund. They sell us s*** after s*** and sell City and Real Madrid their proper players.

I realise it is United's fault that they buy them but I still hate Dortmund now.

I just came here to say I hate Dortmund. They sell us s*** after s*** and sell City and Real Madrid their proper players.

I realise it is United's fault that they buy them but I still hate Dortmund now.

'Happy Sancho day'.

They weren't shit when you bought them. You ruined sooo many players I liked :(

I mean, surely by now you guys don't even hope that a player comes good when you sign him, you just buy so nobody else does. Leave them be! Just because you can't have nice things that doesn't mean you have to ruin it for others as well. At least you didn't get to corrupt Bellingham.

Status
Not open for further replies.