German Football 2024/25

My last post of the day, but I can't be more happy about how we play under Kompany. It's so refreshing after Tuchel.
Can you pop up in the ten hag out thread from time to time and remind people that watching Tuchel is no fun?

I wholeheartedly hate Felix Zwayer. Why that absolute cnut is allowed to ref any game at all is beyond me.

Thats a second yellow for Grimaldo for diving fecking Zwayer...

The foul on Kane should be a yellow as well.
We better score a couple because Leverkusen will surely get their trademark late goal in the last minute

Sure Zwayer. Simply stop the game with Bayern in possession because the Leverkusen player that should be off is faking an injury.

Lucky Leverkusen.

But it was great to see that we can be so dominant against a great opponent.

I wonder how long it will take for the world to realise how absolutely brilliant Pavlovic is. So strange how little hype there is around him.

I'm not watching this match but honestly I don't see the same potential in him everyone else says. His pass competition percentage is always quoted but for me he plays simple passes mostly. He's good at rotating the ball in possession but I think he's lacks the playmaking of Kimmich or th defensive solidity of a number 6.

I mean, he's German so it's only in our benefit if he does prove me wrong :lol:

Guess Leverkusen will be happy with the result and they defended the penalty box well enough, but they were awful to watch. So many opportunities for a counter attack and they ended up failing at the first pass. Bayern went about it the right way but didn’t really carve out too many clear chances. Pretty poor game overall.

Leverkusen deserved nothing from this match. 1 shot on goal (the other was offside).
Bayern need to win the matches they invested so much. Disappointing result.

Leverkusen deserved nothing from this match. 1 shot on goal (the other was offside).
Bayern need to win the matches they invested so much. Disappointing result.
I 100% agree. A definite positive is Upa/Kim being basically flawless.

I was making food so I couldn't see, but did Kane came off injured? One time he busted a gut the whole game and he gets injured?!

Or was it a normal substitution?

Also, nice to see Bayern dominating strongish teams again. Kompany is a huge surprise.

Pitch looked awful in the Bayern game. Bayern probably should have snuck it but didn't create a whole lot of clear cut chances. Lots of half chances.

I was making food so I couldn't see, but did Kane came off injured? One time he busted a gut the whole game and he gets injured?!

Or was it a normal substitution?

Also, nice to see Bayern dominating strongish teams again. A huge surprise.
Got kicked unluckily by a Leverkusen player. Should have been a foul but will probably not be any injury.

Pitch looked awful in the Bayern game. Bayern probably should have snuck it but didn't create a whole lot of clear cut chances. Lots of half chances.
Upcoming NFL match in the stadium. The NFL will pay for a new field afterwards :)

Upcoming NFL match in the stadium. The NFL will pay for a new field afterwards :)
So you guys are digging it up before hand. Shockingly bad for a team intent on playing could football on the ground. Hope the NFL match is soon before someone breaks an ankle.

So you guys are digging it up before hand. Shockingly bad for a team intent on playing could football on the ground. Hope the NFL match is soon before someone breaks an ankle.

Well as far as I understood the pitch wasn't renewed during the summer break since it'd be expected to be ruined during the NFL match just a few weeks into the season.

That being said as a fan I 100% agree with you that the pitch should be in a stellar condition especially given the way Kompany wants the team to play.

Nothing says America like our country paying for shit in other countries while taking in tax dollars and insane ticket prices to fund their shit here.
I'm not sure if or by how much the American government is subsidizing the NFL. But the NFL seems to push the popularity of that sport further off road. And since there's no franchises outside of the US that have their own dedicated stadiums, I think that is considered marketing expense.

Well as far as I understood the pitch wasn't renewed during the summer break since it'd be expected to be ruined during the NFL match just a few weeks into the season.

That being said as a fan I 100% agree with you that the pitch should be in a stellar condition especially given the way Kompany wants the team to play.

I'm not sure if or by how much the American government is subsidizing the NFL. But the NFL seems to push the popularity of that sport further off road. And since there's no franchises outside of the US that have their own dedicated stadiums, I think that is considered marketing expense.
Look up how many tax breaks and taxpayer money is subsidizing our stadiums and other facilities. The NFL itself directly may not collect, but they sure benefit from all the government (read: people) funding of its teams.

Same was said about Kroos for many years.

I wouldn't have agreed with that before as well. His passing quality was in plain sight during his spell at Leverkusen and his Bayern seasons with Heynckes. That being said, I've always maintained he wasn't played to his full potential because he was too deep and his creativity in attack wasn't utilized.

Yep. That was not a good game. And me ranting about Zwayer doesn’t mean he is anti Bayern. He is simply a shit ref.
Yeah, some very strange decisions. Was really disaapointed when I realized he'd be refereeing the match.

This is how I felt in february.
But that game ended 3:0 for you.

What do you think about Kompanyball?
It's not easy to dominate possession against us in this fashion even though we were pretty bad today. I was wondering if you'd be running out of gas eventually after 30 minutes or so but it didn't happen. It seemed you struggle a bit with turning possession in the attacking third into clear chances, though, since Gnabry's was the only big chance of the match, IMO. But this was the first Kompany match I saw live so dunno if that really is an issue.

Overall, you'll be winning the vast majority of your games playing like this, even against strong opponents. I wasn't happy when you announced Kompany because he's an unknown capacity and I'd have preferred somebody like Rangnick who was less of a risk but at least you could be sure that he doesn't turn out to be an elite coach. The juries still out but this looked very promising from Bayern's perspective.

@Zehner fair analysis, cheers.
I think the Bundesliga will be very close this year between Bayern and Leverkusen.
I dont think Leipzig, Stuttgart and Dortmund will be able to keep up in the long run.

@Zehner fair analysis, cheers.
I think the Bundesliga will be very close this year between Bayern and Leverkusen.
I dont think Leipzig, Stuttgart and Dortmund will be able to keep up in the long run.
I expect Leverkusen to be a distant (5+ pts.) second to Bayern come May.

Complete madness going on at Hoffenheim vs Bremen: Hoffenheim led by 3 to nil after 12 minutes, but after a red for Hoffenheim the score is 4-3 to Bremen with 30 minutes to go :lol:

Complete madness going on at Hoffenheim vs Bremen: Hoffenheim led by 3 to nil after 12 minutes, but currently the score is 4-3 to Bremen with 30 minutes to go :lol:
Going up 3-0 only to have someone sent off and then being at 3-3 for the break is quite something.

Leverkusen lead already 2:0 against Kiel in minute 8 - right now it is 2:2

Union leads 2:1 against Dortmund.

About 15 minutes + added time to go.

Bayern Munich should walk the league this season.

Wasn't Arp rated as a wonderkid a few years back?

I think Frankfurt may well be another Villa. We have struggled a lot against them in recent years and they are in good form. Also we're missing Musiala, and with him that extra bit of creativity and surprise. Maybe Müller can orchestrate some chaos instead, since Olise didn't work great in that role against Villa.

I think Frankfurt may well be another Villa. We have struggled a lot against them in recent years and they are in good form. Also we're missing Musiala, and with him that extra bit of creativity and surprise. Maybe Müller can orchestrate some chaos instead, since Olise didn't work great in that role against Villa.
Easy 3-0 after an early goal.

Leverkusen and Dortmund… :lol: