German Football 20/21

What the feck is Hoppe's problem, is the offside rule not known in the US? Just hold your run, Jesus Christ.

pardon my emotional investment, I have a cheeky 1€ on a Schalke win

William, being a true Schalke player already, sets up the opposition not once, but twice, in his attempts to clear the ball. :D

Wow, Hoppe is positioned offside all the time. Absolutely amazing. Like he has no brain, or eyes.

Gladbach are really trying to help Schalke out, but they are just too hopelessly harmless upfront to ever do anything with it.

It's not a freak result when it's done by the team that has won the league eight times in a row. This is not a criticism of Bayern, it just shows that the league truly is broken.
We'd do the same to your joke ass team, whichever it is. 17-4 over 4 games vs Chelsea and Spurs last season. That's more than 4 goals on average, btw, so you don't have to do the mental work.
Now jog on and get onto some else's nerves.

What is it with you people.

The most entertaining thing about this game really is the third rate direct to tv political thriller playing out at Schalke.

It's not a freak result when it's done by the team that has won the league eight times in a row. This is not a criticism of Bayern, it just shows that the league truly is broken.

Inter: 2.41 points per game, 9 points ahead
City : 2.36 points per game, 14 points ahead
Bayern : 2.34 points per game, 4 points ahead
Atletico: 2.33 points per game, 3 points ahead (+1 game game in hand)

Yes it's annoying that they keep winning the title, but let's not overreact to one game. The German title race this year is at least as close as the ones in the other top leagues.

The for the last couple of years HSV and Hertha where the chaos clubs of the Bundesliga, ruined by in fighting and bad decisions from pretty much everyone. But now it seems since last year Schalke are hellbent on trying to dethrone Hertha as the laughingstock of the league, and today it seems they have finally reached their goal. Congratulations to everyone involved at Schalke, well done.

We'd do the same to your joke ass team, whichever it is. 17-4 over 4 games vs Chelsea and Spurs last season. That's more than 4 goals on average, btw, so you don't have to do the mental work.

1. As I said, it's not a criticism of Bayern. It's not their fault that they are that good.
2. Please do the same to my joke ass team. I am pretty sure that Bayern wouldn't win 4-0 against United while playing with 10 men for over 80 minutes.

Inter: 2.41 points per game, 9 points ahead
City : 2.36 points per game, 14 points ahead
Bayern : 2.34 points per game, 4 points ahead
Atletico: 2.33 points per game, 3 points ahead (+1 game game in hand)

Yes it's annoying that they keep winning the title, but let's not overreact to one game. The German title race this year is at least as close as the ones in the other top leagues.

None of these teams won the league last year. Also, all of these teams have elite managers. Let's not forget that this is Flick's first major job in 16 years and that nothing suggests that he is an elite manager. The league is close, because he is average at what he does, not because Bayern isn't that much better than everyone else.

1. As I said, it's not a criticism of Bayern. It's not their fault that they are that good.
2. Please do the same to my joke ass team. I am pretty sure that Bayern wouldn't win 4-0 against United while playing with 10 men for over 80 minutes.

None of these teams won the league last year. Also, all of these teams have elite managers. Let's not forget that this is Flick's first major job in 16 years and that nothing suggests that he is an elite manager. The league is close, because he is average at what he does, not because Bayern isn't that much better than everyone else.
Apologies to have singled you out, you're just the latest example of the ever same.
I just really fail to comprehend how people can keep coming back again and again with this nonsense, like robots with a broken circuit board. Like fecking zombies.
I mean, we struggled for weeks and weeks and months to win our league games, did you see those? Did you post after those? And because we thrashed a team today that got promoted last season, the whole league is 'truly broken'? Jesus :lol:

This kind of posting is so dumb, it's beyond belief, and I struggle to understand where the obsession with this is coming from. I'm really at a loss. And it is an obsession, the predictability and amount of repetition of this exact kind of post is just staggering.

(Btw, even the down to 10 men thing makes sense if you consider that usually, teams focus on being strong and compact against the ball when playing us, and Stuttgart quite obviously started to think more in terms of opening up the moment they went one man up so early, which is how we punished them, but why even have a debate? What's the point? Next match day we win a game, the same will be written here, again)

:lol:

If he's going to bring back Hummels and Müller anyway - and at least for Hummels, given that the depth of quality is much, much smaller in CB compared to the attack, there is absolutely no way around that - why waste three games to re-integrate them? Is he hoping that the games against Iceland, Romania and Nothern Macedonia will prove he can do it without them? Especially when you see Tah on that list.

And if you look at that entire squad, there is exactly one player who can be used in a holding role. Dahoud barely plays, let alone consistently well, for three years and gets two call-ups, but now that he's actually starting and delivering on a weekly basis, in a role where the squad is thin, he gets left out again. Forget about Dahoud, even if it's Weigl, Kramer or Rudy again. But what's the plan if Kimmich gets injured? Ginter it up, not giving a feck?

Didn't have time to comment on this, but one question, can someone explain to be why the feck Amin Younus (3 goals 2 assists) is in the team and Kevin Volland (13 goals and 8 assists) isn't? I have no idea what Low has against Volland because he's barely selected him even during the recent years when Volland was playing great at Leverkusen. There is absolutely no reason why someone as average as Younus should be in the team, and Volland not.

Just boils my head the type of selections Low does. No Hummels, Boateng and Muller again I see after all the hints that he might recall them. It's depressing looking at this squad, so many average players who wouldn't be part of many other national teams. So far from the quality that was present throughout the squad in the mid 2010's.

Fully agree regarding the gap at DM, only Kimmich can play that role and if he's injured or has to fill in at RB then there is no one in the squad that can fulfill that role. I wouldn't go as far as to select Weigl or Kramer since they aren't doing well at club level, while Rudy I don't think is a pure DM. If anything, aside from Dahoud and Rudy, why isn't Max Arnold being considered for the team? He's been consistently good for Wolfsburg for ages now and doesn't get his fair due. While Arnold himself isn't a pure DM, similar to Rudy, he can act as a defensive option alongside someone like Goretzka/Neuhaus/Gundogan.

Didn't have time to comment on this, but one question, can someone explain to be why the feck Amin Younus (3 goals 2 assists) is in the team and Kevin Volland (13 goals and 8 assists) isn't? I have no idea what Low has against Volland because he's barely selected him even during the recent years when Volland was playing great at Leverkusen. There is absolutely no reason why someone as average as Younus should be in the team, and Volland not.

Just boils my head the type of selections Low does. No Hummels, Boateng and Muller again I see after all the hints that he might recall them. It's depressing looking at this squad, so many average players who wouldn't be part of many other national teams. So far from the quality that was present throughout the squad in the mid 2010's.

Fully agree regarding the gap at DM, only Kimmich can play that role and if he's injured or has to fill in at RB then there is no one in the squad that can fulfill that role. I wouldn't go as far as to select Weigl or Kramer since they aren't doing well at club level, while Rudy I don't think is a pure DM. If anything, aside from Dahoud and Rudy, why isn't Max Arnold being considered for the team? He's been consistently good for Wolfsburg for ages now and doesn't get his fair due. While Arnold himself isn't a pure DM, similar to Rudy, he can act as a defensive option alongside someone like Goretzka/Neuhaus/Gundogan.

The squad is a bit thin when it comes to wide attackers who can dribble, so I can see why he's taking a look at Younes.
Volland basically plays as a second striker, that means he's sharing a position with Havertz, Werner, Müller, Reus, Stindl and Gündogan (assuming he would play as an attack minded player in a midfield 3) or Gnabry and Sane, depending on how you're looking at it. He's a good player for a top 4 team, but I don't think he's someone who has to make the squad.
I just threw a bunch of names in there, to show that it's not about Dahoud specifically. If he doesn't want to take him that's reasonable, but I want to see someone. Arnold probably deserves some recognition, but if you're a CM that doesn't specialize in the holding role it's incredibly tough, like one of Gündogan/Kroos will probably miss out on a starting spot.

Well he stopped inviting him after 2016 so he clearly doesn't like what Volland brings to the table. To be fair that's not something only Löw does; history is full of talented players who for some reason kept getting snubbed by their national coaches.

The squad is a bit thin when it comes to wide attackers who can dribble, so I can see why he's taking a look at Younes.
Volland basically plays as a second striker, that means he's sharing a position with Havertz, Werner, Müller, Reus, Stindl and Gündogan (assuming he would play as an attack minded player in a midfield 3) or Gnabry and Sane, depending on how you're looking at it. He's a good player for a top 4 team, but I don't think he's someone who has to make the squad.
I just threw a bunch of names in there, to show that it's not about Dahoud specifically. If he doesn't want to take him that's reasonable, but I want to see someone. Arnold probably deserves some recognition, but if you're a CM that doesn't specialize in the holding role it's incredibly tough, like one of Gündogan/Kroos will probably miss out on a starting spot.

With Gnabry, Werner, Havertz, Musiala, Sane and Hoffmann I don't see the need to have someone who can play on the wing and dribble. One area we significantly lack is a goalscorer and Volland can certainly fulfill that role better than Younes.

With Volland's form in the last few years (37 goals and 19 assists in the last 3 seasons), I certainly think he has to be in the squad considering that Muller and Reus aren't part of it and we lack goalscorers. His numbers are better than many others in the squad and he continues to get overlooked.

Nothing to suggest Flick is an excellent manager except minor things like winning the sextuple and on a 16 game non losing run in the CL

Why are you guys not in the CL? Oh you lost to one of those Bundesliga teams operating on a fraction of your budget

With Gnabry, Werner, Havertz, Musiala, Sane and Hoffmann I don't see the need to have someone who can play on the wing and dribble. One area we significantly lack is a goalscorer and Volland can certainly fulfill that role better than Younes.

With Volland's form in the last few years (37 goals and 19 assists in the last 3 seasons), I certainly think he has to be in the squad considering that Muller and Reus aren't part of it and we lack goalscorers. His numbers are better than many others in the squad and he continues to get overlooked.

The only "real" dribblers on that list are Musiala and Sane, it's quite clear in the stats as well. Younes looks like someone who could function as an impact sub, if your game plan isn't working and you just want to create some chaos. Volland is decent at most things, but not really great at anything. I wouldn't complain if Löw picked him with a plan in mind, but I he's far from a must-have.

Nothing to suggest Flick is an excellent manager except minor things like winning the sextuple and on a 16 game non losing run in the CL

Why are you guys not in the CL? Oh you lost to one of those Bundesliga teams operating on a fraction of your budget

Oh please. One good year doesn't make you an excellent manager. Di Matteo won a CL ffs.

Oh please. One good year doesn't make you an excellent manager. Di Matteo won a CL ffs.

We saw how Dimetteo won the super cup or the sextuple. Going on 16 matches unbeaten

You couldn't even qualify for CL knockouts ahead of Leipzig

tbf, they didn't, they won their h2h against RB

Flick was also involved in winning this World Cup thing for Germany.
And calling Bayern’s last year „good“ is something. :lol:

Bielefeld's pass map is a piece of art.

Love child of Tony Pulis and Sam Allerdyce.

Was really impressed with RB on Friday. Played without a striker again against a very deep defense but created numerous openings. The way they moved the ball and played with the two wing backs being more like wingers was akin to Pep's Barca.

Uh, their "joke ass team" stole a CL title from us. Maybe you're too young, but it still hurts. And you're a guest here, maybe calm down a little. You're taking it beyond "friendly banter". And honestly, he's right. The league is a bit of a joke. I tuned in late to the game. Want to know when I realised we were one man down? Right here in this thread after the game. Never even occured to me that we were a man down, although it seemed we weren't crowding the opponent as usual... I blamed Alaba for chasing his pointless dream and sucking in DM. God he was useless in the second half. Am beginning to accept that he's leaving, today's game made that a lot easier. Dude can't play midfield if his life depended on it. Anyway, next week Boateng and Davies are out and we're playing against the 2nd.

If they don't beat us, nobody will beat us in the league until it's over. This is the best chance they get.

This guy. :wenger:
Why are you always disrespectful and acting like you own these forums? Calm down man, this goes for most of your posts.

This guy. :wenger:
Why are you always disrespectful and acting like you own these forums? Calm down man, this goes for most of your posts.
My post is completely appropriate for the occasion and context. Sorry if it disturbs your image campaign.

My post is completely appropriate for the occasion and context. Sorry if it disturbs your image campaign.

Not sure what image campaign you’re talking about. It’s frankly annoying to be on here expecting a normal discussion only to find you:
- calling United a “joke ass team” on a United forum
- following it up by boasting
- next you’re putting a sneaky shot like “calculated some stats for you so you don’t have to do the mental work”
- then finally a “stop getting on my nerves”

The poster was absolutely right that Bayern winning any game in Bundesliga that’s not against the CL teams, even if a man down, can’t really be considered a shock result. Something of note, but not a shock result. Whatever you wanna call it, you can’t just start insulting people in 4 different ways because you disagree.

I don’t agree with that poster’s opinion on Hansi Flick which came later, but your post is just more of the same from you. What you consider “appropriate” often appears out of order. I miss the days where @Balu dominated the Bundesliga related topics.

Not sure what image campaign you’re talking about. It’s frankly annoying to be on here expecting a normal discussion only to find you:
- calling United a “joke ass team” on a United forum
- following it up by boasting
- next you’re putting a sneaky shot like “calculated some stats for you so you don’t have to do the mental work”
- then finally a “stop getting on my nerves”

The poster was absolutely right that Bayern winning any game in Bundesliga that’s not against the CL teams, even if a man down, can’t really be considered a shock result. Something of note, but not a shock result. Whatever you wanna call it, you can’t just start insulting people in 4 different ways because you disagree.

I don’t agree with that poster’s opinion on Hansi Flick which came later, but your post is just more of the same from you. What you consider “appropriate” often appears out of order. I miss the days where @Balu dominated the Bundesliga related topics.
I was reacting to the poster calling the league 'truly broken' because of our 4-0 win against Stuttgart. That is the context of my, admittedly somewhat vulgar, reply. The vulgarity of it responding to the absurdity of the claim.

Beautiful.
Or maybe an away trip with a stroll on the beach?

"Was kommt aus Berlin? Bananen und Apfelsinen!"

Was kommt aus Hohenschönhausen? Erdbeeren und Banausen!
;)

Good yeah, but that Stuttgart team is atrocious. They can't press, they can't pass, they can't run, they can't attack, they can't defend. Against a team that's one man down.
It's like the witching hour of crap performances.

And now Wamangituka is taking an injury to get out of the game out of embarrassment.

Bayern just putting on a show. You can only play against what's in front of you.
Wamangituka has torn his acl. Such dedication just to get out of the game.

Mainz really is an inspirational story this season. 10 games ago they had 7 points from 16 matches, sitting at the bottom, level with Schalke. Since then they loaned some rejects from Frankfurt, changed the entire sporting side of their management and started to collect points with the ppg of a top 6 team. Today as well: they took the lead after less than 30 seconds and after Hoffenheim found their feet an equalized they brought on the pressure and took the lead again immediately.