German Football 20/21

Stuttgart having the worst performance of a football team I've seen from a team in the past 10 years. Easily.

Against 10 men Bayern. Wretched.

It's all so easy for Bayern.
Maybe Bayern are just really good.

Maybe Bayern are just really good.
Good yeah, but that Stuttgart team is atrocious. They can't press, they can't pass, they can't run, they can't attack, they can't defend. Against a team that's one man down.
It's like the witching hour of crap performances.

And now Wamangituka is taking an injury to get out of the game out of embarrassment.

Bayern just putting on a show. You can only play against what's in front of you.

That was a strict handball on Bellingham. His arm was next to his body, I don't know if referees expect them to actually move their arm out of the way even if the arm is in its natural position.

Slow motion replays make everything look worse. This was another example of it.

The worst part is Stuttgart started the game really well and on the front foot, and then switched off with an extra man on the field. Did they think they can take it easy and just attack once Bayern went down to 10? Tbf that first goal was an exceptional finish by Lewandowski.

On BT sport they showed Gnabry's goal had a 24% probability or something like that. Surely a shot from there with the goalkeeper out of position should be assigned a higher xg value?

Reactions: Cheimoon
That was a strict handball on Bellingham. His arm was next to his body, I don't know if referees expect them to actually move their arm out of the way even if the arm is in its natural position.

His body is upright but he leans towards the ball with his arm. I think it's a clear pen.

He was deliberately playing the ball. The only question for VAR was whether he was hit above or below the t-shirt line.

Brandt on 69% pass accuracy. Another game where he will have to come off at half time. Reyna isn't any better either. Both of them a waste of space.

4 matches, 15 goals already... Yes, Bundesliga teams can't defend but it's entertaining as hell

He was deliberately playing the ball. The only question for VAR was whether he was hit above or below the t-shirt line.

Brandt on 69% pass accuracy. Another game where he will have to come off at half time. Reyna isn't any better either. Both of them a waste of space.
Haaland seems seriously pissed at Brandt at this point. There was one counterattacking opportunity where Reyna HAD to play the ball deep to Haaland but inexplicably didn't.

Haaland seems seriously pissed at Brandt at this point. There was one counterattacking opportunity where Reyna HAD to play the ball deep to Haaland but inexplicably didn't.

It's not just Haaland who has reason to be pissed. It's impossible to play a pressing game with those two feckers in midfield. Just a little effort from Reyna would have prevented the cross that Bellingham turned into a pen. Brandt had his trade mark setup of an opposition counter attack as well. It's all the more ridiculous since some other players (most notably Sancho) have stepped up their effort under Terzic. I guess you have to be patient with Reyna, given his age. But Brandt has absolutely no excuse. Hazard being half the player he was before his injuries or Schulz/Meunier FB pair doesn't help either.

Edit: Yep. Brandt off at half time. Well earned.

Süle :drool: :drool:

All is forgotten. Extend the man, he's worth the admission price all by himself

What a mistake from Meunier, horrible control, but what a finish from Jakobs.

2-1 to Koln, Dortmund have been horrible since the break.

Feels like I'm watching FIFA with the red card script. One team gets red carded but attacks like they have more men one the pitch. :lol:

Sometimes I wonder what Meunier's job is, because it sure as hell can't be professional footballer.

Sometimes I wonder what Meunier's job is, because it sure as hell can't be professional footballer.
Must be one of the worst transfers of 2020, and he went there for free....

There were actually people on the caf who thought we should sign him.

I don't think anyone expected him to be this bad, he was a regular for PSG after all and looked like a solid signing, given he was out of contract.. But he's really just a bottomless pit this season.

It says it all about how Dortmund have allowed the mental side of this game to develop that Cologne is committing everyone forward in the 91st minute at 2-2.

Wonder how many bullets we have dodged?
I don't think anyone expected him to be this bad, he was a regular for PSG after all and looked like a solid signing, given he was out of contract.. But he's really just a bottomless pit this season.
The players you see people advocate for on here who are nothing but bang average is quite remarkable.
If I’m not wrong people were deliberating between him and Kehrer for the RB spot. :lol:

They must have a motivation problem or something. How can they be so competent in Europe yet so shit domestically?

Dortmund dropping points against the lower half of the table has been a consistent problem for them and the reason why they struggle so much. RBL for example isn't really exciting in a lot of games or completetly dominate every game but they just get the job done consistently. Dortmund have completetly lost that ability but they obviously can raise their level against stronger teams.

Dortmund dropping points against the lower half of the table has been a consistent problem for them and the reason why they struggle so much. RBL for example isn't really exciting in a lot of games or completetly dominate every game but they just get the job done consistently. Dortmund have completetly lost that ability but they obviously can raise their level against stronger teams.
It will be really interesting and important for them when they play Frankfurt next week. Frankfurt could increase the gap between them (and therefore the gap to CL for Dortmund) to 7 points if they should win, on the other hand Dortmund could get really into contact to the CL with a win. Both teams already won several games against strong teams.

How annoying is that Dortmund last minute goal? :mad:

At least Frankfurt and Wolfsburg won. That’s more important than any title race in the Bundesliga. Need them to knock a few million of Sancho’s price tag.

10 men after 12 minutes and still won 4-0 against 8th place.

What an absolute pisstake of a league.
Freak results happen. Stuttgart was even the better side in the first 15 minutes. Then Bayern’s goal somewhat happened out of nowhere.