General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What is this about Sinn Fein not showing up? They get elected to sit at home? Someone care to explain how that works?

They don't recognise the right of the British parliament and the British monarchy to rule over Ireland. So they don't take part.

What is this about Sinn Fein not showing up? They get elected to sit at home? Someone care to explain how that works?
The use their offices etc but they don't vote or take their seats.

Their argument (beyond disgust of partition) is that N.Ireland MPs are worthless (numerically) anyway. Ironically, that couldn't be further from the truth this time.

We're half an hour into the usual time when the Tory seats come in thick and fast and it's not quite happened yet. Labour approaching 200 and still growing steadily with a 15 point lead.

To add to that, gains look like this:

Tories: -8
Labour: 21

My constituency supposedly within 3 votes. Holy shit. Glad I made the other half to get off her arse.

Labour gaining more than I thought they would. I assume once they both get to 200, then the Cons will start surging?

Strong and Stable Theresa May? More like weak and wobbly!!! She is now damaged goods. Throw in the dustbin!
Welcome and anoint Jeremy Corbyn who will run rings around the baboon known as Boris Johnson

There couldn't be a bigger contrast between these 2. I think Corbyn will be in power come end of the year.

We're half an hour into the usual time when the Tory seats come in thick and fast and it's not quite happened yet. Labour approaching 200 and still growing steadily with a 15 point lead.

Yeah...I'm waiting for this great tory build up of seats. I mean they'll be close no doubt but Labour keep taking seats.

Yeah...I'm waiting for this great tory build up of seats. I mean they'll be close no doubt but Labour keep taking seats.

By this point, even at 11pm I was expecting it to be around 215 Tories and 160 Labour

she was really all over the place. Can't imagine the humiliation she is feeling

Lib Dems take Kingston from Conservatives.

Voter fatigue. All the young who voted Labour but still got Tory will stay at home.
potentially, but there's always been the factor of people voting for what they perceive to be the winning party, if labour close the gap by 30-40 seats and there's another election called the momentum will only continue id argue.

Incredible night but not as mad as Brexit or US election.

They don't believe in Westminster.

edit: unsure if they take the salary.

Thanks to all who answered.

My next question was on salary...they can't take a salary and not show up for work surely? That seems a bit two faced, although...politicians.