General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Must be absolutely brutal to lose a seat you've held for years. Turning up to the results and hearing you're out of a job immediately.

Bugger. I actually genuinely need to clear up if what I said was ok. I asked who the Black/Brown girl was... that's ok isn't it? My old sous chef and good fiend is Egyptian and refers to himself as brown.

I'm being (innocently) ignorant aren't I :lol: someone educate me!

Edit - and on second read of this post I've apparently gone straight to the "I've got a "insert race here" friend". fecksake.

you can't say brown, definitely not - it's horrendous

Edinburgh South West is one to watch, exit poll says Tories but could be Labour if this stays up.

Edinburgh in general is intriguing, all four parties have areas they could quite easily take.

Moral of the story... Always back the severe underdog before elections and lay it off on the night. Monday morning fecking quarterback

If this keeps up, The Sun will be my tugging material tomorrow. Oh the Murdoch tears!

A young Murdoch on the front page of The Sun tomorrow:

Bh2G2YfIgAACSlm.jpg

:lol:

What happened to the hidden conservative support? Let me not be too cheeky till the final results come in though

You can afford to be cheeky from where you are, you don't have to live with the aftermath :). Binge spend on crap, and then the successor enacts a tonne of cuts. No smooth existence ahead here. That's before the foreign policy.

This could be Britain's Donald Trump moment.

I'm sure I just read Tory hold Carlisle.

Which is bad, as YouGov had Labour

k22CzGq.png

Everyone's different in all fairness.

Some wouldn't bat an eye, some did it awful. I know someone who hates being called white. I don't believe there's any malice behind it in the most, or at least it's obvious when there is.

You can afford to be cheeky from where you are, you don't have to live the aftermath. Binge spend on crap, and then the successor enacts a tonne of cuts. No smooth existence ahead here. That's before the foreign policy.

This could be Britain's Donald Trump moment.

That was Brexit

Glad I'm emigrating on this news :lol: Everyone else please turn the lights off on your way out.

The thing is.

For 50 years, everyone had said "Lib Dems have no experience". "Lib Dem is a wasted vote". "A vote for Lib Dem is a vote for Labour"

Well all three of those are no longer true

Lib Dems are their own party with their own policies.

If you want a "small governmet", liberal party on the left, then they are for you

Don't necessarily disagree with any of what you said. Obviously they are what some people want. But, if they were dead set on coalition, they should have insisted on voting reform, no more FPTP.

why is it? im on bbc at the moment, whats better about itv?

Fresher, dynamic. Better audio, better pundits. Osborne is very good and fairly neutral. BBC's just seem old and drab with old-man Dimbleby moaning about microphones and flies.

That Tooting declaration was delicious. All the candidates clapping each other except the Tory guy. I hope to see similar in Parliament with a progressive coalition.

I apologise for that then. I've been lead astray by my Egyptian mate (although he moved here when he was about 6 and has adopted a western name). He's probably the least PC person you'll ever meet and is probably happily using it as an offensive term about himself.

That just means a lot of betting on him has been placed. Bookies shorten their odds to not be out on their ass if it does happen.

No, not in this case. They follow Betfair Exchange generally. The liquidity for this is absolutely huge, so it isn't a case of people staking money as such. It's syndicates, Investment groups etc reacting to polls + results and factoring those in.

Fresher, dynamic. Better audio, better pundits. Osborne is very good and fairly neutral. BBC's just seem old and drab with old-man Dimbleby moaning about microphones and flies.

Doesn't he have a beef with May?

He's probably loving what a disastrous night it's looking for May.