Gareth Southgate

He looks like a substitute teacher on a field trip. Still wearing those lounge trousers.

A loser will always be a loser. There are managers who somehow find a way to win and there are others who feck up time after time. He's Ole of England who you know will never win anything.

Tactically inept, coward and only there because keeps players happy.

If every game you rely on your subs to produce a match winning moment, does that make you good at in game changes, or does it mean that you're starting plan is not as good as it should be?

He was going to leave regardless of the result tonight I feel.

I wonder who yous are going to bring in?

You just know his life long goal has been to make up for that penalty miss in 96. He wants to have the hero’s arc and lead us to glory but he’s just such a fecking loser through and through. Pure NPC.

It’s nothing to do with an English manager, it’s getting a better manager for England to use the quality he has!

It’s got absolutely everything to do with it. Got to be an English manager managing the English team and our options are very limited.

We might not have conceded the goal had Gallagher actually been on the pitch though. We conceded with the more attacking team.

It’s not just about players though, it’s his tactics and shape. We dropped off and were camped on our 18 yard line.

You can have all the attacking players you want but if you’re going to drop off like that then you’re going to concede possession and chances.

He’s a dreadful manager. Really hope the media call him out, they were doing it early on which was a breath of fresh air but there’s been a nauseating counter narrative after the Netherlands game.

No way he should get an extension. England have done well in spite of Southgate not because of him.

Useless manager. Brought on Palmer for Mainoo but completely disjointed our midfield so even the goal was quickly negated. Bring in a proper manager and see how we go in the WC. If we can do this well with somebody out of his depth we should be able to win something over the next 10 years.

It’s got absolutely everything to do with it. Got to be an English manager managing the English team and our options are very limited.
Our lionesses are successful and managed by a Dutch lady.

Another shot of him shaking hands with some randoms. Absolutely ignored by the players.

Potter is a much better manager tactically. You ain’t never going to get a world class English manager as they would be taken by clubs if they were winning.

I wouldn’t be against a foreign coach personally.

Standard old school English manager who only knows how to shithouse his way to victories. England need better to compliment the talented players they currently have.

Our lionesses are successful and managed by a Dutch lady.

It's not the same. I think it should be a requirement that the entire team, including coaching staff, should be the same nationality.

Final, yes. But England didn't have more than 20 minutes of decent football throughout tournament. I can see him attracting interest of sides realistically antiicipating dogged, relegation battles in the season ahead.

He isn't any closer to a top job than he was had he stepped down as England manager in 2018.

England look like a team of coders being guided by someone insistent they stick to basic Excel

Please will people who still support him wake up and realise he's guff. Once again England face a top side and once again they lose because of inept tactics.
People still argue he'd get a good gig in the PL. Who would want him managing your club? He's a loser, and plays football so negative it makes Mourinho prime bus parking from 2005 look like prime Barcelona.

Even newly promoted Ipswich wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

It's not the same. I think it should be a requirement that the entire team, including coaching staff, should be the same nationality.
For England (men’s) only? Because that’s not how other nations work.

Why should England have won Italy and Spain? I find that a bit strange to be fair, Spain and Italy have won tournaments on a regular basis England have not. Southgate or not England is not a better tournament team than either of those two.

If he ever became United manager I’d be willing relegation on us.

He deserves a lot of credit for taking this England team to this point. He has unified this group of players and got them believing they can achieve great things.

However, he has taken this England team as far as he can. Tonight has shown that England need to go to another level in order to win the cup. We’ve got a lot of talented young players who will be better in 2 years time, but the cautious approach we have got isn’t going to cut it. So it’s the right time for him to step aside and for us to move forwards.

Played long ball with Pickford, who can't pass, knocking it long to Kane who can't run, for no players with pace running in behind. Genius.

If not for a few moments of brilliance from his players covering up his incompetence this whole saga would have ended ages ago

He deserves a lot of credit for taking this England team to this point. He has unified this group of players and got them believing they can achieve great things.

I dont think he does deserve much credit.

He inherited a group that was fresh in its cycle with a lot of decent characters, likes of Rice, Saka, Foden, Bellingham, Stones. Easy to manage. Also rock bottom expectations.

And he's got far in tournaments by combination of lucky draws and moments football.

Heard yesterday that the FA want him to stay on regardless of today's outcome. Sadly I can see that happening. They'll want him, he'll see one more chance at redemption.

Fortunate with the equaliser and then, because we had no balance in midfield and about 6 forward players, bollocking the ball uptop was all we had going for us.
Like a ineffective version of Stoke City.

For England (men’s) only? Because that’s not how other nations work.

All nations should. England aren't fielding a Brazilian winger, England shouldn't have a foreign manager. It's international sport.

They should knight him for wasting the amount of talent he has had... has to be some kind of reward for being such a coward and serial loser. Trying to defend and not even having proper counter attacking players while doing so.

However, he has taken this England team as far as he can. Tonight has shown that England need to go to another level in order to win the cup. We’ve got a lot of talented young players who will be better in 2 years time, but the cautious approach we have got isn’t going to cut it. So it’s the right time for him to step aside and for us to move forwards.

The right time to step aside was 3 years ago after the Euros. We’ve now wasted more years with talented players under Southgate.

England's equivalent of Ole. They should have sacked him ages ago, especially after that abomination of a final vs Italy. Their squad is ridiculously stacked, they should be dominating teams like Spain did all tournament.

I really hope our clowns in charge at the top never ever ever consider him for Utd job.

If he ever became United manager I’d be willing relegation on us.

I don't think he has the capacity, club football is more testing than nationals and it's far more tactical.

Southgate has never stood out from a coaching perspective and managing any decent team at club level will just magnify his shortcomings.

The only outlier would be reminiscent of something experienced with Solskjaer, where the ability to create a positive atmosphere for the players goes a long way in being moderately competitive. Even for Ole though he still had his experiences in Norway aiding his managerial credentials.

Southgate would be a disaster for any top 10 club in top division football, he wouldn't survive lower division football with a lower quality of talent to pick from.