Gareth Southgate

Comes from a long line of managers who set up and play not to lose, instead of going for the win. He should go quietly into the night and England should be looking for a coach who will unlock the talent of the squad. It is telling that England has played without an identity and still done so well at tournaments. It is despite Southgate.

Treating Kane the same way as Martinez treats Ronaldo. Start the game with Watkins and we would have stretched them more j the first half.

Shite manager.

Playing hoofball with Pickford from the first kick off and losing the ball every time.

Brought on Palmer and Watkins to play attacking, then as soon as we score sits back too deep and tries to defend when our players strength is attack. It's Italy all over again.

Negative Cnut, he was about to bring Gallagher on FFS! Where was Gordon, we needed pace and width. Feck off Southgate. Slow with the fecking subs as well. So fecking negative.

Gordon for who?

We had Foden, Saka, Palmer and Bellingham all on with Watkins up front

Thats over attacking so no wonder Spain were able to score, especially down Walker's side where we condeded the first when we did have enough defensive players on the pitch and Walker decided not to bother being a right back

Utter coward of a manager. His luck finally ran out tonight after an utter woeful "team performance" all tournament.

I swear Neville can do one with his lets give Gareth a 5/6 year contract. I'm just sick of Southgate right now after two finals. Well done Spain, they played football how it should be played.

The sooner the FA realizes the team is underperforming with him the more likely it'll be they'll win a trophy with this fantastic group of players

I'm sure England spent more time losing in the knockout stages than actually ahead or even level.

Losing tonight hurts but nobody can be surprised that Southgate didn't get us over the line. Once again we got lucky with the draw and once again we lost to the first truly top team we faced. It's possible that England just lack a winning mentality. Southgate surely ain't the coach to change that.

I don’t understand his tactics. He sets up low but doesn’t have any fast players up top to use as outlets.

Playing the same old underperformers all tournament cost him in the final. Lacked the bottle to drop the big names.
This. So obvious that rice and Bellingham needed to be subbed. The holes in midfield were there to see. Also why take Gordon if your not going to use him. He would have stopped carvajal coming forwards so much to team up with Yamal. It's all obvious stuff so why can't Southgate see it?

If he's not sacked then there's no point in turning up to the world cup. Should've been sacked 3 years ago so I can actually see this clown surviving.

He's clueless. With a proper manager England could have had back to back world cup and Euros. The final was probably their best performance, but it was still shit.

He's antiquated. Look at the tit, walking in circles on his own... nobody cares what you think Gareth.

Happy he failed, because he doesn't deserve anything.

England going Stoke City after the goal ,yet not as effective, kinda sums the guy up.

Gordon for who?

We had Foden, Saka, Palmer and Bellingham all on with Watkins up front

Thats over attacking so no wonder Spain were able to score, especially down Walker's side where we condeded the first when we did have enough defensive players on the pitch and Walker decided not to bother being a right back

We needed width. Gordon for Foden, stretch the left side. We had no outlet, if you play low block, have an outlet at least. The goals conceded were poor mistakes but we offered nothing going forward. These are players who play high press for the clubs and pass without effort yet they fall apart here.

Where to now for Sir Gareth ? City ? Madrid ? Bayern ? Or apply to be a fecking cashier at the local supermarket ?

He's a war criminal.

I feel sorry for most of the English players, especially for guys like Shaw, Kane, Mainoo, Saka, and some others. These players are some of the best in the world (not just the 4 I mentioned), and ever since probably the 2018 World Cup, England should be going into these tournaments as one of the biggest favorites and play good, dominating football even if they don't win anything.

There's no shame in losing to a very good Spanish side and even a decent Italian side in two Euros finals...however, the road to these finals and the cowardly tactical approach, lack of team balance, bad structure is unacceptable with this group of players. Both in the two finals and on the road to them. Same with the World Cup.

I really-really-really hope Southgate is sacked and England are freed of their shackles.

Wow English commentator at the end criticising England sitting back again after scoring the equaliser, and saying that has been the problem in the first place.

This game was a great example of the saying that teams reflect their managers.

We equalise, you think the momentum is with us, go and get the winner... wrong. Time to bring on Gallagher and concede any possession to the opposition.

He has cost England 2 euros championships and maybe even a WC. He hasn't a clue.

He's a war criminal.

I feel sorry for most of the English players, especially for guys like Shaw, Kane, Mainoo, Saka, and some others. These players are some of the best in the world (not just the 4 I mentioned), and ever since probably the 2018 World Cup, England should be going into these tournaments as one of the biggest favorites and play good, dominating football even if they don't win anything.

There's no shame in losing to a very good Spanish side and even a decent Italian side in two Euros finals...however, the road to these finals and the cowardly tactical approach, lack of team balance, bad structure is unacceptable with this group of players.

I really-really-really hope Southgate is sacked and England are freed of their shackles.

This is a good Spain team but that Italian team was abysmal. We should not have lost to them.

The reaction to the equaliser today is typical of Southgate. Negative and dour.