Gareth Southgate

He's clutch with the substitutions, he has much similarity with Erik at United when judging the teams respective balance of play, but you can't fluke two finals consecutively.

No but seriously, why does he look like him? :lol:
This is German sense of humour. They asked policemen all around the country to send submissions for the role of Southgate's doppelgänger. Flew the guy from his usual job as a traffic officer in Baden-Baden.

We actually played really well first half. Frustrating thing is it’s so obvious Kane has been crap all tournament and needs dropping but you almost know he starts the final.

Also it’s genuinely hilarious how the Kane curse seems to be actually true.

I think Kane seems a top guy but it would be hilarious if his first trophy comes in circumstances where he’s dropped for Ollie Watkins for the final.

Thought the tactics were spot on in the first half with Saka as a right back in defence and Foden operating more from the right. Don't know what happened in the 2nd half though, except Watkins and inshallah.

At what point do these fantastic subs get to start a game?

Watkins for Kane is easy. I think it has to be Foden or Saka instead of both. Palmer also prefers the right but think he’d still shine in the middle. Shaw should start. He’s so much more natural than Trippier.

Soon to become a "sir" too. Wow, never ever would've thought of that happening. I still remember how annoyed I was when he missed that penalty vs Germany.

If I was confident he could actually qualify for the champions league, I'd take him in a heartbeat at this point....Real Madrid should hire him or Chelsea.

This is German sense of humour. They asked policemen all around the country to send submissions for the role of Southgate's doppelgänger. Flew the guy from his usual job as a traffic officer in Baden-Baden.
I read this in Henning Wehn's accent.

He's clutch with the substitutions, he has much similarity with Erik at United when judging the teams respective balance of play, but you can't fluke two finals consecutively.

In fairness, it’s not much of a fluke when you consistently play teams you’re expected to win against.

Spain is the first opponent they play where you don’t really expect England to win, and it’s the final.

I still find it extremely weird that Kane, who looks sluggish as feck and absolutely knackered, continues to start matches and play as much as he does.

England are in desperate need of someone with actual mobility that will pull defenders out of position, someone that can actually run in behind. As a bare minimum play someone out wide that can offer that

The three at the back seems to be a really good tactical change. I worry that Spain’s wingers might have a lot of space but getting that Foden, Bellingham, Saka (or Palmer) combination in space gives them the chance to do real damage.

Subs could have been quicker as the game was drifting but felt he got them all right. Definitely Gareth’s best management performance of the tournament.

Watkins scored and Palmer assisted. Great subs by Southgate. Will get a lot of credit for this.

The three at the back seems to be a really good tactical change. I worry that Spain’s wingers might have a lot of space but getting that Foden, Bellingham, Saka (or Palmer) combination in space gives them the chance to do real damage.

Three at the back is better I agree. Subs could have been quicker as the game was drifting but felt he got them all right. Definitely Gareth’s best management performance of the tournament.

Still think he was too slow with subs as you say. He’s very reactive rather than proactive. Thought if Shaw couldn’t play, Gordon could have started on the left. He was still unable to apply any tactics to break Holland down in the second half however when your luck is in, it’s in.

Him and Ten Hag are cut from he same cloth, play shit but get to finals with some individual moments.

In fairness to Southgate though he's actually shown some tactical flexibility in changing the shape to suit the players he has.
So just like Ten Hag

I'm not a fan of England but I'm more fearful of England winning if it would mean Southgate becomes our manager

Subs could have been quicker as the game was drifting but felt he got them all right. Definitely Gareth’s best management performance of the tournament.

Loads of people said that before the tournament though. It took a series of terrible performances for him to react.

Dreadful manager imo but it’s a results business

Ten Hag watched us get waltzed through for 12 months and had no answers. At least Southgate sorted England's issues and found a system to get more from him best player, who was pretty anonymous in the earlier games.
Foden?

At what point do these fantastic subs get to start a game?

Watkins for Kane is easy. I think it has to be Foden or Saka instead of both. Palmer also prefers the right but think he’d still shine in the middle. Shaw should start. He’s so much more natural than Trippier.

It's just fitness stopping that. Gareth would 100% start Shaw if he was fully up to match fitness.

Tonight is the first one I'd give him a good mark for. Not that it means feck all, he can rightly say he's in a final, the end.

But the subs were good and at the right time today, not letting the game get out of hand like he did versus the Swiss.

The subs for England aren't rocket science. You've got a plethora of choice and not many of them are bad against tiring legs. Just be proactive...

Him and Ten Hag are cut from he same cloth, play shit but get to finals with some individual moments.

In fairness to Southgate though he's actually shown some tactical flexibility in changing the shape to suit the players he has.

Ten Hag is in a different stratosphere to Gareth fecking Southgate. What an awful take.

Ten Hag is in a different stratosphere to Gareth fecking Southgate. What an awful take.

Not based on what I've seen at United and for England. They're equally as turd but blessed with some talented players who drag their shit tactics through. I don't really care about Eredivisie, no doubt Southgate would have done well with that Ajax team.

Came from behind in all three knockout games, England teams of the past don’t do that.

I think it's fair to say he certainly has some good points.

I think he sets up a defence pretty well and he is good at instilling a belief into his squad.

Totally understand the criticism and would never want him at Utd but people talk like he is completely useless which is unfair.