Gareth Southgate

Never has someone deserved luck less than this absolute fraud of a ‘manager’.

Wow, just wow. This guy has incredible luck but is absolutely inept. I hope those rumours linking him to us are completely made up, else I will need to stop watching United for a while.

I think they almost won the last Euros, that it might have been warranted to give him another competition. But England regressed in the last one.

I think that Southgate did well initially, bringing a good feeling and retiring some big name past it players such as Rooney and Hart, but him being a shit tactician probably cost this generation of players a cup or two.

Anyway, let's hope these posts do not age well in 2 weeks.

He did something great with the team, he made them actually likeable. I still think that was an outstanding achievement.

But he showed us all the future in that final. 1-0 up, at him, after 7 minutes as the superior team? Then they change tactically around the 35th minute and he doesn'tbreact at all?

The writing was there and then. Everything after was and has been a regression.

But yep, as much as I loathe him, half the players and these commentators...it's great drama and I would rather look a complete twat and win this thing :lol:

...and Kane scores! :lol::lol::lol:

Genius. Hopefully the FA ignore the criticism and give him a new contract. For all the criticism he gets, his record in tournaments is outstanding and he deserves to be rewarded for it.

And if that means Ineos are unable to lure him to old Trafford that's a sacrifice I'm willing to accept.

He could genuinely luck his way into winning this whole thing!

I dont think it is luck if England win the whole thing. They just have fantastic players. Southgate is lucky that he has a group of talent available that can achieve things a manager of his (lack of) quality should not achieve.

Southgate’s managerial performance today

Genius. Hopefully the FA ignore the criticism and give him a new contract. For all the criticism he gets, his record in tournaments is outstanding and he deserves to be rewarded for it.

And if that means Ineos are unable to lure him to old Trafford that's a sacrifice I'm willing to accept.
:lol:

He could genuinely luck his way into winning this whole thing!

I mean we could desperately use some luck at United. I'm convinced Fergie borrowed about a decade's worth of luck from the future for all the Fergie time wins.

It would be funny if you win this one tournament, where Southgate really is as bad as you all claim :lol:
Dude, I would love nothing more than a "I told you so" from you come the end of this thing :lol:

Typical Southgate. We go ahead, park the bus, and let the opposition back into the game with chances like that :lol:

Get him to Madrid. We need to pair up Southgate luck with Madrid inevitability :drool:

He had a special word with Lobotka there. Bringing him to United?

Southgate should be in for a post match press battering

Honestly that was some of the worst in game management I can remember seeing. Got very lucky that we won it in the end but waiting for 93 minutes to bring on Toney when we needed a goal was bizarre.

Keeping Foden on for as long as he did also made no sense.

I genuinely don’t think he knew our goal was offside, he was so chilled and didn’t use the subs/chase the game.

I don’t think he’s a bad manager, but his mistake has been persisting with TAA in midfield and the completely unbalanced team he started the tournament with. Took any momentum away from the squad and allowed the negativity and doubt to creep in, which England sides have always been susceptible to.

That said, I still think this England team are overrated with a few glaring deficiencies.