Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not wanting to dismiss the Chinese Super League, but the fact that he harboured ambitions to play in China does say something about how he sees the rest of his career shaping up?

The only deal any club should be considering is a pay as you play contract, assuming no transfer fee since Real are desperate to get him off their books.

Maybe something like 100k/week basic but 200k in addition if he plays any part.

Even if he played every week thats still barely half what Real have been paying him :lol:

Playing golf and getting £600k a week. And your option. You must think Bale and his agent are incredibly stupid.

I watched the recent Wales highlights and imo he's still a very good/good player. Would be a decent addition only if one year loan and Madrid pays at least half of his salary.

I’d be ok with a 1 year loan stop gap if we don’t get Sancho , be interesting to see how he does , he’s played in the PL before so no bedding in etc, bags of experience , our team would certainly look stronger with him than without

15m loan fee for an year or 2 and Real has to cover all his wages. Real dont have too much choice here.

I for one think we should stay away but I think he still got a lot to offer but we are building something here and I think a former Galactico is as far from what we are trying to do as we could go. But according to Mundo Deportivo he could be available for as little as 20m € so who knows what Ed thinks.

Last edited:
Pay as you play on a 1-2 year loan then he can go to China or USA or even Juventus

I’d certainly take him over perisic or Douglas costa

I wouldn't touch this guy with a stick. On his day he can be unplayable but that happens like once or twice a season. He spends the rest of the season either injured, recovering from injuries or moaning.

It's not like RM had the best attitude with him but this version of Bale can't even be considered world class.
I just think he lost the love for the game and that shows when he is on the pitch.

If he doesn't show love and commitment for the game, he will hardly show it for the club that he will represent in the future as well.

I’d take him on loan if Real covered a large chunk of his wages. Still a class player and would bring a lot to our team.

I’d take him on loan if Real covered a large chunk of his wages. Still a class player and would bring a lot to our team.
Big time Charlie looking for another big pay-cheque. I'm sure he'll be as successful as Sanchez, di Maria, Schweinsteiger and Falcao were. Give us Ivan Perisic instead; who was offered to Bayern for only £13m.

I'd question the sanity of those who run this football club if we go for Bale.
I'm currently questioning the sanity of posters in here contemplating having this guy. You'd think lessons would have been learned after the Sanchez debacle but nope, fans as fickle as always.

And Sanchez was at least motivated, Bale doesn't even have the motivation which makes his case even more ridiculous.

No motivation, past it, on huge wage, made of glass and never fit.

Will probably bring unrest in the dressing room when players see a crock sitting in the physio room and hospital bed checking in more dough than them.

DO NOT WANT.

Not wanting to dismiss the Chinese Super League, but the fact that he harboured ambitions to play in China does say something about how he sees the rest of his career shaping up?

I doubt he harboured ambitions to play in China, but saw it as an escape route to get out of Madrid. Up until that point they wanted a big transfer fee, and no one was prepared to pay it.

I don’t think it says anything about his ambition.

I'm currently questioning the sanity of posters in here contemplating having this guy. You'd think lessons would have been learned after the Sanchez debacle but nope, fans as fickle as always.

And Sanchez was at least motivated, Bale doesn't even have the motivation which makes his case even more ridiculous.

Will probably bring unrest in the dressing room when players see a crock sitting in the physio room and hospital bed checking in more dough than them.

DO NOT WANT.

That says all that needs to be said.
Makes me laugh when newspapers have these "how United could line up with Gareth Bale"......I'd love to be able to add, but he's not in the team because he is out injured for 3 months.

Even on a free with Real covering his wages it would be such a deflating transfer. I would prefer Greenwood to start all league games.

DO NOT WANT.

Was Sanchez really motivated? If it really was true is wanted out on Day 1, then you can safely assume he wasn’t motivated to play for Utd.

What fans are advocating (who would take Bale) is a no risk loan on subsidised wages.

This would cause no issues in the dressing room, and we could get a player who is capable of game changes moments.

We have very clearly learnt from Sanchez, we won’t be Buying Bale on a 2-3 year contract.

It's funny to me and ironic how you see people on these boards berate Ed and all our executives for being incompetent and wasting money and club resources due to poor decision yet you have quite a substantial amount of people being for a transfer of Bale her loan or otherwise.

I swear some people don't have any right to lambaste Ed for his incompetence after displaying questionable judgements themselves in regard to this whole Bale speculations.

Shit on the club for being incompetent then turn around and champion a transfer for Bale to United. I couldn't make this up even if I tried :lol:

Even on a free with Real covering his wages it would be such a deflating transfer. I would prefer Greenwood to start all league games.

Until we sign nobody and Daniel James plays 25-30 games next season and you all lose your shit. Bale on loan with wages being covered wouldn't be as good as Sancho coming true but it's still better than relying on James who sadly isn't in same class.

After Sanchez, Schweinsteiger, Falcao and Di Maria I'd be wary of touching Bale but then there is a slight chance that he has a point to prove and might help us get a few more needed points. His fragility means that he wont completely shut Greenwood out of the team. It's something to consider if Real agree to a loan and they would be paying half his wages.

James Rodriguez is another recent example of a player who you'd label as a Bigtime Charlie who hasn't the hunger anymore and only comes for the money, that you wouldn't touch with a barge pole but suddenly at Everton he might just start looking like a superstar again. He oozed class for Everton in their win over Spurs. No guarantee he will settle long term at Everton but he looked a class above for Everton.

There's every chance something similar could happen with Bale if he moves to the PL.

Did Sarr vanish off the face of the earth? What are we actually doing?
I sincerely believe it's Sancho or nothing so Bale is a non factor.

Was Sanchez really motivated? If it really was true is wanted out on Day 1, then you can safely assume he wasn’t motivated to play for Utd.

What fans are advocating (who would take Bale) is a no risk loan on subsidised wages.

This would cause no issues in the dressing room, and we could get a player who is capable of game changes moments.

We have very clearly learnt from Sanchez, we won’t be Buying Bale on a 2-3 year contract.
First of all Bale is hardly fit which is another reason he wasn't wanted at Madrid anymore. There is a chocking stat about his injury record and it's quite frankly ridiculous. Jones doesn't need a mate in the physio room.

You've also failed to take into consideration that Bale hasn't played much football in a long time and he's off pace as seen in the Wales game. Let's say we go for that 1 year loan option, how long would it take him to be up to speed and really match fit? We're already talking about times wasted just to get him back to match fitness.

Now factor in the fact that he's made out of glass and injury prone, the chances of him injuring himself while we're waiting for him to get back to 100% match fit are very high(this by the way means we're most likely putting up with crap performances for a month if not more waiting for him to get back to 100%).

So you have a situation where you start with a player who isn't fit to play right out of the gate, hate to build his match fitness then there is a very high chance we won't even get to see him get back to full fitness because he's likey to get injured like the crock he is and spend most of his loan with us being Jones play mate in them hospital rooms.

This transfer simply sounds like trouble and us of all people should be the last ones to even entertain the idea given the lessons we had to learn the hard way.

and then Madrid's fax machine mysteriously stops working.

No chance. They are desperate to get rid.

Cant believe people are keen on this. Total opposite of what Ole has talked about and wants. And has turned us down twice in the past.

Until we sign nobody and Daniel James plays 25-30 games next season and you all lose your shit. Bale on loan with wages being covered wouldn't be as good as Sancho coming true but it's still better than relying on James who sadly isn't in same class.

I don't really support James hate. He was fine beginning of last season and is super young, I don't think he's nearly as dreadful as everyone seems to think. Bale would be just a waste of time anyway.

He was good five years ago border line world class. Is he still good now?

He was the third best player in the world for a few years and imo is still works class he just needs a platform to allow him to play

First of all Bale is hardly fit which is another reason he wasn't wanted at Madrid anymore. There is a chocking stat about his injury record and it's quite frankly ridiculous. Jones doesn't need a mate in the physio room.

You've also failed to take into consideration that Bale hasn't played much football in a long time and he's off pace as seen in the Wales game. Let's say we go for that 1 year loan option, how long would it take him to be up to speed and really match fit? We're already talking about times wasted just to get him back to match fitness.

Now factor in the fact that he's made out of glass and injury prone, the chances of him injuring himself while we're waiting for him to get back to 100% match fit are very high(this by the way means we're most likely putting up with crap performances for a month if not more waiting for him to get back to 100%).

So you have a situation where you start with a player who isn't fit to play right out of the gate, hate to build his match fitness then there is a very high chance we won't even get to see him get back to full fitness because he's likey to get injured like the crock he is and spend most of his loan with us being Jones play mate in them hospital rooms.

This transfer simply sounds like trouble and us of all people should be the last ones to even entertain the idea given the lessons we had to learn the hard way.

It doesn’t take long to get up to speed and fitness.

Look at his injury record over the past 5 years, and it’s not comparable to Jones.

On reduced wages to us, it’s worth a punt. I wouldn’t advocate a transfer or us paying a loan fee. There is more upside to downside on a free loan on reduced wages in my opinion.

If Sancho is a no go, I would take him, on say, a 10m loan provided Real cover all his wages.
He might have gone off the boil a bit but I think he is far to good not to take that chance for a season to pick up proper left footed right sided forward.
Living back in the U.K and near Wales could rejuvenate him. He will also fill the void when Igahlo leaves and won't need to get a replacement in Jan.

My real madrid supporting spanish friend is desperately hoping we take him. Claims the 600k pw is net and salary is actually €60m gross pa. If he leaves it will be similar to what we had to do with Sanchez I.e. pay him off, a negative transfer if you will.

Whatever happens, I hope he doesnt end up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.