Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get him he's more likely to represent us in a golf tournament than an actual football match.

He's crap and old and can't stay fit and prefers to play in a position where we're well-stocked (#10) and doesn't even appear to enjoy playing football anymore. And he'd cost a fortune in wages.

He would be an abysmal signing.
Plays on the wing for wales

He is a fine alternative to have for 25-30 games but at the same time, i wouldn't want to help Real rid of this problem which is Gareth Bale

He is a fine alternative to have for 25-30 games but at the same time, i wouldn't want to help Real rid of this problem which is Gareth Bale
That’s the only thing, Real shouldn’t get an easy out of it and should have to pay a fair bit more than half his wages for a loan. They’d still be saving as he’s not going to be used there anyway and they’ll get some wage relief.
We’d be silly to turn up the chance of Bale on loan if only covering a third of his wages or even less, we need a player for that wing, Obviously Sancho is main objective but who knows what’s going on there

Alternatively we could take a punt of Sarr at Watford and go back in for Sancho next summer perhaps or the one after that even as he'd still only be 22.

I wish this link would get deaded in the water, like Bale hitting the pond off the 7th hole green.

Lemme guess, it makes sense to get him. Cant believe people would take him after everything, guy isnt interested in football and you want him to leech us instead of R.Madrid. Wouldnt touch him with a barge pool, not even if they would pay us to take him.

I don't think it is a bad option, not sure which other alternatves we have, but we need someone for the RW (under the assumtion Sancho is not coming, which I think he will).
Of course it should not include any long compromise for united (a loan, or a short contract) and we shouln't pay him more than Rashford or Martial. No big fees either, obviously.

He has a lot to prove, if he comes is because Ole obviously talked to Giggs about his mentality... he wouldn't be coming for the money either, he has that at Madrid, we are not giving him a payrise or anything.
I don't think it has anything to do with the Sanchez situation if we make a deal of this characteristics... wether it works on the pitch or not. But if he can be fit for at least 25 matches he will be usefull, with Mason taking the rest and some cups games for James/Lingard

I don't think it will happen though, too many "ifs"

If he signs on loan will wee see a United, Wales, Golf, Madrid. In that order flag?

At 300k/week it's roughly 14,5 mil/year so quite costly for a loan. But wouldn't some of you prefer seeing him on the right than James for some games?

Wouldn't mind him on a loan deal, Fergie had a few loan deals in his time, Owen and larsson to name a couple and they turned out fine. Same with bale, he will provide something different and will want to make a statement to Madrid he's useful, not just on the golf course

If he signs on loan will wee see a United, Wales, Golf, Madrid. In that order flag?

United are bigger idiots than RM should be what he goes for.

Our muppets want to spend 15m on him for to spend 8 months playing golf and causing disharmony as the player with the highest wages at the club.

Wouldn't mind him on a loan deal, Fergie had a few loan deals in his time, Owen and larsson to name a couple and they turned out fine. Same with bale, he will provide something different and will want to make a statement to Madrid he's useful, not just on the golf course
Owen who? Michael Owen was a player we owned who we got when he was out of contract, hes wasn’t a loan.

It's genuinely my worst nightmare. I want him to see out his playing days on the Real Madrid bench. They're made for eachother.
Yep. I wouldn't mind having him for one year on loan (if Real pays half of his salary). I wouldn't be pro it, but if we do it, it will be a 15m experiment going wrong. If we sign him permanently though, it will just show another time that we have no clue.

Yep. I wouldn't mind having him for one year on loan (if Real pays half of his salary). I wouldn't be pro it, but if we do it, it will be a 15m experiment going wrong. If we sign him permanently though, it will just show another time that we have no clue.

Yeah big no to anything but a loan

10m year long loan with the possibility of extending to two years and rising to 15m for the second, with Real covering all his wages the entire two years.

The first year is the big risk, but if he gets back to anywhere near his best that warrants a second year, we get a world class player for 2 years with a 25m total outlay.
Real ends up paying 35m in wages as opposed to the 60m if he just stays and sits on their bench. Avoiding a deal where we are paying his wages is also less disruptive to other players when they want new contracts.

Bale can then leave Real on a free and go to China or the US if he likes or we could sign him for another year, if he turns out to be amazing.
If it doesnt workout, the worst case for us is risking 10m on him for a year.

Something like this is the best scenario and set of options for all parties, imo

What about the disharmony he will cause at the club?

How much is that experiment worth?

How would Martial, Rashford, Pogba, Bruno take that a full time amateur golfer is being paid more than them to sit on the bench and be always injured?

16 matches, 2 goals, 2 assists last season. Great experience, though... but also probably great wage demand.

Woodward has wanted Bale for years, so wouldn't surprise me at all.

At this point though if Sancho is not happening we are running short of options.

Yeah big no to anything but a loan
My fear with that is you could see him doing well for a few months then us being like “Know what, we should just sign Bale” Phone Madrid in January and be like we’ll take him lads. Pay stupid money and wages then him getting injured/ turning to crap.

People here don't even realize how he had support of his teammates at RM initially, but he has been so unprofessional and such a knob that even his fellow players don't like him anymore.

One of the worst ever in that sense (since players hardly ever turn against their own).

I would prefer we loan Bale than sign nobody.

But I'd also rather we'd kept Sanchez than signed nobody.

If we're now looking at the Bale option, why didn't we just keep Sanchez?

If Bale ends up at United it just tells me we are fecked .

It means the club has destroyed all the good work done over the past 12 months.

Would be incredibly stupid.

I still think Ole is better than our fans and won't be as stupid.

Bale is leagues better then Sanchez?
Debatable.

Sanchez has done well for Inter in the last year.

Bale has done nothing for Real Madrid in the last year.

I see no guarantee he'd have a better 2020/21 season for us than Sanchez, who would be a lot sharper.

Only on two conditions.

1) free transfer
2) 100-150k pay as you play contract.

This guy is an unknown quantity at this point. He should be the one that's desperate to come here to us. We shouldn't be taking him unless on terms that benefit us

What about the disharmony he will cause at the club?

How much is that experiment worth?

How would Martial, Rashford, Pogba, Bruno take that a full time amateur golfer is being paid more than them to sit on the bench and be always injured?
I said that I wouldn't prefer him even as a 1 year loan with Madrid paying half of his wages. But at least that is a mistake that will get fixed soon. If we sign him though, then we are fecked for 4-5 years which would be madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.