Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose Adidas would reap massive rewards from shirt sales in Wales.

Fit? He is never fit.
There's hardly any motivation for Bale when the club has been trying to get rid of you for a number of years. The issue here both Madrid and Bale have been involved in **** measuring contest. It's not doing both parties any good.

I flip-flop between being repulsed and intrigued by the prospect of getting Bale.

There's hardly any motivation for Bale when the club has been trying to get rid of you for a number of years. The issue here both Madrid and Bale have been involved in **** measuring contest. It's not doing both parties any good.
He could be motivated to show Madrid and Zidane that he still is good if he leaves .
Re fitness - I think he s a player that you can rely on him for 25-30 games a season max not more.

(I don't think this is happening btw)

It has been reported in Spain throughout the year that bale is the fittest player in that Madrid squad. Meaning he can run faster, has more stamina, jump higher than anyone there. Now if you all are talking about match fitness, seeing his games with wales I would say he needs a string of games. He simply does not go into Zidane's plans, period. Bales problem has always been the same. When he gets a good run of form, he gets injured. If he came to United on a loan deal with them paying half his wages, I would do it no doubt.

It's also important to take into account, that if these rumors are true it's because surely Ole has talked to Giggs and he has given him the nod that he is ok. Giggs recently said he needs Bale to get playing time in order for Wales to succeed in the future. I guess we will see what ends up happening.

Reactions: Sultan
I flip-flop between being repulsed and intrigued by the prospect of getting Bale.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean but the injury problems of the last few years are such an issue though

I'd question the sanity of those who run this football club if we go for Bale.

Obligatory “If we can’t get Sancho”, a loan for a RW is the right move. We don’t want to spunk on someone who isn’t good enough because the RW market is bereft of players actually good enough — the other options out there give me Nicolas Pepe vibes.

The player I’d take on loan would be Ousmane Dembele, though. Not Bale. I’m not sure if Koeman intends to utilise him a lot, but I think we could prise him if we wanted. Pogba could take him under his wing.

Obligatory “If we can’t get Sancho”, a loan for a RW is the right move. We don’t want to spunk on someone who isn’t good enough because the RW market is bereft of players actually good enough — the other options out there give me Nicolas Pepe vibes.

The player I’d take on loan would be Ousmane Dembele, though. Not Bale. I’m not sure if Koeman intends to utilise him a lot, but I think we could prise him if we wanted. Pogba could take him under his wing.

Would take him but isn't he on that list of players that are not available for loan or permanent deal

Would take him but isn't he on that list of players that are not available for loan or permanent deal
I’m not entirely sure, I imagine Koeman would want to keep him but I thought the only “not for sale” players at Barca were Messi, De Jong, Lenglet, and Fati.

Actually, bale as a loan for 1 yr makes a lot of sense provided real pay at least half his salary.

Id take this over sancho for this year, more established player and can offer results with immediate impact. Plus his injury record just gives more reason to rotate between him and greenwood.

Fit? He is never fit.

The guy has played 250 matches in 7 years for Real - and that includes last year when he was mostly left on the bench despite being fit. Before last season he averaged about 39 matches a season - thats hardly a disaster. And his fitness has never been an issue before last season

Looks like an attempt to push Sancho deal more than anything but if there’s any truth in it, it wouldn’t be the worst deal we could make as a stop gap.

Would not want him here on a long term deal but for a season on supplemented wages, I can see the benefit to the team.

Looks like an attempt to push Sancho deal more than anything but if there’s any truth in it, it wouldn’t be the worst deal we could make as a stop gap.

Would not want him here on a long term deal but for a season on supplemented wages, I can see the benefit to the team.

Yeah wouldn't want a permanent deal but still take for a season like you say with Real supplementing wages

It's a bit unfair to use Sanchez as the only example to compare him with. We signed Teddy when he was getting on a bit, Zlatan was fecking ancient.

I personally wouldn't sign Bale due to his injury record, unless we get him for cheap on a loan and there's no other alternative. But he's nothing like Sanchez is he? He has a strong mentality and he's a leader.

He's crap and old and can't stay fit and prefers to play in a position where we're well-stocked (#10) and doesn't even appear to enjoy playing football anymore. And he'd cost a fortune in wages.

He would be an abysmal signing.

The only deal any club should be considering is a pay as you play contract, assuming no transfer fee since Real are desperate to get him off their books.

Maybe something like 100k/week basic but 200k in addition if he plays any part.

Even if he played every week thats still barely half what Real have been paying him :lol:

So our new philosophy is to sign hungry players who feel honoured to play for Utd....

... and we sign a guy who has turned Utd down twice before, and spent 12 months ripping the piss out of Madrid, while paying him 250k a week (assuming Madrid pick up half his salary)?

Yeah I can see that working.

Anything apart from staying a million miles away from him would be bonkers from this club.

I don't know how we could expect him to have not played football for near to a year and come here and do a job. Even Giggs had questions about his ability when he played with Wales recently.

The fact that so many United fans are against this actually gives me a good feeling about this one.

Everytime we have been excited the player has been a let down and when we havent then most of the time it's been the opposite.

Bale in! Only on loan.

Last edited:
He's crap and old and can't stay fit and prefers to play in a position where we're well-stocked (#10) and doesn't even appear to enjoy playing football anymore. And he'd cost a fortune in wages.

He would be an abysmal signing.
Everything this poster said.

do not want in any circumstance

The fact that so many United fans are against this actually gives me a good feeling about this one.

Everytime we have been excited the player has been a let down and when we havent then most of the time it's been the opposite.

Bale in! Only on loan.
This is so true. Prime examples being Bruno and Sanchez. People were saying if we even needed Bruno him coming from the Portuguese league, and for Sanchez everyone was over the top.

Sanchez 2.0, avoid at all costs.

He would be way worse than Sanchez.

Sanchez still wants to be a professional footballer.

Bale wants to be the most well paid amateur golfer in the world. People are forgetting here but his hissy fit started when Perez denied his move to China. Mentally, he has long checked out and physically he was always injury prone. He is a parasite for RM and let him keep leeching them.

For 15m a year if he can play 30 matches and be a positive differentiation factor in those matches then I would happily take him. Would play him in key matches against at par or superior opponents.

Can't wait for the golf chants :drool: Think he can have an RvP impact.

Morale and motivation is no issue, it's clear for everyone he's gaming Real cause they treat him like trash. He just needs to be appreciated and adored again.

Avoid like the plague. He checks all the negative boxes of a player we must not sign.

Can't wait for the golf chants :drool: Think he can have an RvP impact.

Morale and motivation is no issue, it's clear for everyone he's gaming Real cause they treat him like trash. He just needs to be appreciated and adored again.
I'm not sure he would get that here
Partially the hangover from sanchez (expensive wages at the back part of their career) plus greenwood rashford and Bruno mean he's not going to be the fans favourite (I think)

I still think he could do a great job for us if we can't get sancho but gut feel (well blind optimism) we get sancho

Spurs is perhaps the club where he would get that adoration

Bale....kane...son

Would be a great attack (if jose does not make the defend all the time)

From Sancho to Bale. Epic drop off in the outlook of our summer activity if this goes through.

Status
Not open for further replies.