Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd all rather have Sancho all day long but if that deal can't be done I'd take Bale on loan with half of his wages being paid by Madrid. When he's fit he's still a top player and when he's not we could play the front 3 that ended last season.

It's not the disaster some are making it out to be if we can't get Sancho. Bayern loaned Coutinho n Perisic last season and won the treble. Two players the caf had written off as either a flop or past it.

It would be the stupidest thing we have done in the post-Fergie era.

The guy is unprofessional, unfit and always injured to boot.

Even Alexis cares about football way more than this knobhead, who has been throwing a fit since Perez blocked his mega money move to China.

Might as well get Oezil from Arsenal as well to complete our quota of useless players on crazy money.

Yes Sanchez is the comparison. I think however, we have dodged the Sanchez to Utd bullet with Bale, that would have happened if we got him in the last 2 years.

Now we would be like the Sanchez to Inter situation, where Real subsidise the wages. I wouldn’t want the Inter version of Sanchez, but they got him on loan with zero risk and then on reduced wages.

A subsidised loan, I think would be acceptable.

Can’t see us jumping in with a 2-3 year contract for him, even at reduced wages on a free.

Real need to farm him out on loan to a PL, so he can prove he still wants to play, and can do so at a decent level.

good post. He’d be acceptable cover given the lack of temporary options currently on the market. Small chance he might even prove to be a decent signing. No commitment to buy. I just wish we had our ducks in order and didn’t have to do deals like this but this is what we currently are. Total lack of imagination or foresight but if sancho isn’t available this is probably our plan b. “Giggsy said he wanted to come here and he’s a good lad who just wants to play football again” - Ole next week :lol:

Last edited:
Surely not?

I mean, we’re not this gullible are we? Did Sanchez teach us nothing?

I’d rather just play Greenwood.

Sanchez taught us not to sign 29 year old players on 5 year deals - to sign Bale on loan is low risk - if Madrid pays part of his wages.

Let's say we pay Bale £200.000 a week - if he doesn't perform at all, we terminate the loan after 6 months and he has cost us £5 million. If he performs -like he can, we get a quality player for £10 million for one season.

I am sceptical if Bale will be back to his normal self agreed - but on a year old loan, it's worth the gamble. Then we can sign Sancho next summer

The guy refused to come for years. So when he is an elder, and has more injuries than an American footballer, we should take him on loan? I rather the team go get Perisic on loan on buy him. Lower wages, proven to do well on a high level, and hopefully available.

I dont like these rumours. 300k a week for a player made of glass would be so bad

Pay as you play deal is the only way bringing bale in would make sense. Ain't gonna happen though.

I suspect this may well be another leak to the press to put pressure on Dortmund to do a deal for Sancho.

However, if there is any truth in it I wouldn't be raging like some appear to be. A loan, with half his wages paid by Madrid is hardly the end of the world. He brings a winning mentality, added depth and I actually think he would be motivated to succeed.

Give me Bale any day over the week over what we currently have on the bench.

Reactions: Sultan
Me too. Indicative of our stagnation and everything that is wrong with the club. Our physios are busy enough.

Who would you sign then if we can't get Sancho? Obviously the main target is Sancho but Dortmund aren't making it easy.

Id rather have Bale on loan than have just Greenwood n James. I wouldn't buy him though as that's riskier.

This has got to be absolutely horseshit journalism. There's no way we would get rid of Sanchez off our wage books to bring in Bale. Bale could be a game changer but that's a huge risk to take. And Bale's number is 11 and we just gave that shirt to Greenwood. We either sign Sancho or probably go into the season without anyone. Hard to see Bale coming here. Makes more sense for Bale to go to MLS.

I think Bale on loan would be a very solid option to Sancho during the pandemi, if we could get Bale by paying no more than 200,000 to 250,000 a week of his wages.

People just speculating that he's finished and too injury prone. With Alexis we got burned as he has a personality that didn't fit in the dressing room and we paid him a stupid amount that caused problems in the dressing room. While also playing out of his favourite position.

Bale could potentially have a huge season if he returns to the PL on loan. We've seen it so many times with players struggling at Madrid who still had a lot to offer - Sneijder, Robben, Di Maria etc

No way this happens after the squad imbalance Sanchez created with his wages. Also, highlighted by Ole's previous signings, doesn't fit the criteria of being young and energetic, also the personality of a player wanting to play his heart out for the badge. (Bale is neither)

Can't see him enjoying golf in Cheshire either. Jose, on the other hand, would rip their hand off for him if he was going anywhere.

If a loan or a free transfer with Madrid subsidising a chunk of his salary then I suppose he is better than going another season without a recognised winger. He is fine playing both wings alternated between Rashford, Greenwood, and only gave us 30 games that would make sense. He would also provide a fantastic option as a wing-back on either side such is his adaptability.

I suppose it all depends on his personal motivation to prove himself as a top performer or remain in Madrid to collect the money and enjoy the lifestyle. If and only if, Sancho was beyond buying then he could possibly be a worth a punt.

I suspect this may well be another leak to the press to put pressure on Dortmund to do a deal for Sancho.

However, if there is any truth in it I wouldn't be raging like some appear to be. A loan, with half his wages paid by Madrid is hardly the end of the world. He brings a winning mentality, added depth and I actually think he would be motivated to succeed.

I don't understand the concept of putting pressure on a club who haven't really shown any motivation in trying to offload Sancho.

Winning mentality is one of those BS agent put on his client brochure. We had Matic, De Gea, Pogba, Smalling, Valencia, Young, Ibra, etc. in the past, players that had won whatever is there to win, and we were going nowhere.

I don't understand the concept of putting pressure on a club who haven't really shown any motivation in trying to offload Sancho.
Could be a case of playing it cool from both parties. We're pretending to have other options to reduce the price and they're claiming they won't sell to get as much from this deal as possible. Everyone has a price, question is if we are willing to pay that.

If Dortmund won't budge, I would very much like Bale. He's the only available winger (assuming Sancho is not available) with the potential to transform us. If it's a subsidised loan, then it's a low-risk high-reward deal, and if it works out, we've got a bonafide world-class player on our hands.

Blows my fecking mind that people want this guy
Blows my mind that people wouldn’t take him on a loan when we havnt got a right winger.

I dread the reception he’d get there’s so many sancho muppets about, but if we can’t get sancho I’d happily take bale on loan.

I can see this happening, 1 year loan and back for Sancho next year, not the best outcome but it’s better than having no one in , we could do a lot worse

Take him on loan for the season and then he can leave for the MLS/China. Would be good for him, us and Madrid.

Bale,when fit, has certain attributes as a player that this team is still sorely lacking and ,without going into great detail regarding what he can bring, he does have a vast history with winning the major honours.Which,minor a few individuals,this team does not.

I can see this happening, 1 year loan and back for Sancho next year, not the best outcome but it’s better than having no one in , we could do a lot worse

My worry with that is I can't help feeling this might be our only chance to get Jadon

The guy refused to come for years. So when he is an elder, and has more injuries than an American footballer, we should take him on loan? I rather the team go get Perisic on loan on buy him. Lower wages, proven to do well on a high level, and hopefully available.

Agree on Perisic, we’ve not signed a left winger for a couple of seasons and we’ve only got 4 players who can currently play in that position.

Bale,when fit, has certain attributes as a player that this team is still sorely lacking and ,without going into great detail regarding what he can bring, he does have a vast history with winning the major honours.Which,minor a few individuals,this team does not.

The big question is how fit is he though considering he's played so little football recently

If Woodward ends up signing Bale will Ed phone Moyes to say he's met his demands and got the player he wished for

And Greenwood. He will need developing not thrashing.

Well I imagine Greenwood still play plenty. Bale can genuinely play across the front line - secondly with his injury record, you have to manage Bale's game time as it is.

I'd have the pecking order as :

Rashford/Bale/Martial - LW
Martial/Greenwood/Rashford/Bale - CF
Bale/Greenwood/James - RW

Ole must have spoken with Giggs if we are really looking for Bale, as others have pointed out a loan deal with Madrid paying half of his wages would be a great deal for us.

A fit Bale adds quality to a team. No doubt.

Only if the costs are reasonable. Surely the club have learned from the Sanchez fiasco.

I’d take him on loan for the season as it looks unlikely we’ll sign Sancho. Not on a permanent deal though.

Yeah so would I as well even though I am probably in the minority feeling that way. The problem with waiting is we will face a lot more competition for him next summer

I’d rather Brooks than Bale and I’m not gone on brooks for the prices.
I read on here he was coming back from a massive injury and hardly played last season. I suppose he needs another year to prove fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.