Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it that much? I could swear it was at ca 250 mil level pre-COVID.
It rose by 130m during the first year of the pandemic to 430m. In the last two years again due to combination of covid and our inability to secure CL this year it rose further.

generally it’s manageable debt considering our profits and income, outside pandemic years that is.

It just so happens that the best player for the position we need also has a really difficult situation with his current club that in reality we have absolutely no say in.
When it's sorted, things will progress. We're talking about €17m here, not a cheeky fiver you lent to dodgy Dave down the pub.

You also lent money to dodgy Dave down at the pub mate?

The wanker still owes me 50 quid!

I don't see what's wrong with that. It's not like we are the best team in the world right now. Signing the second best player on the planet doesnt seem like a terrible idea considering.We have been trying to sign the first option for three months now.
Andy Mitten in an article said that Fergie was always suspicious about players that were "easy" to sign because he believed the best players were the hardest to sign to read into that what you will before thinking we should walk away from this deal as long as there's a chance

You also lent money to dodgy Dave down at the pub mate?

The wanker still owes me 50 quid!
Guys a cock mate, borrowed him a tenner the other week, keeps fobbin me off saying he aint got it and he's broke, but he's constantly at the pub and take away.

We don’t have well deployed players in midfield. We don’t have good coached players in midfield. We don’t have a clear plan in midfield. The players themselves are obviously good or they wouldn’t play for Manchester United.
I assume you’re joking.

No, it really isn’t

club agrees with selling club and no agreement with player = no deal
Club agrees with player but selling club doesnt agree = no deal

All parties need to agree last time I checked
Club does have a deal with the selling club. It's an agreement with the selling club, which would then lead to an agreement with the player, which then leads to a full deal.

I suppose that you could say it's a kind of deal, but more of an agreement I suppose

No, it really isn’t

club agrees with selling club and no agreement with player = no deal
Club agrees with player but selling club doesnt agree = no deal

All parties need to agree last time I checked
You don’t talk to the club and agree a fee before checking if the player is happy to come….

Sell the loan to the pub owner Simon speed bump and have him collect the debt mate, lets see dodgy Dave dodge him at the pub!
Never thought of that... he ain't gonna argue with Simon, not if he knows what's good for him anyway. I heard the last guy that messed with him ended up with no teeth and shattered kneecaps :eek:

You don’t talk to the club and agree a fee before checking if the player is happy to come….
Now that is very very true. Ten Hag would know whether de Jong wanted to come before approaching Barca. It would be truly stupid to just assume a player wanted to come without actually making sure first.

Plus I imagine the selling club would know too as they'd have to start working on a replacement asap

This is Manchester United FC we are talking about. Anything and everything is possible bearing in mind our sustained levels of idiocy in transfers and contracts

In Norway we call it Agurknytt. Cucumber news. Which is most prevalent during the summer, due to not a lot of things going on.

So, silly season.
:lol: :lol:

Bloody hell - source

"Several languages contain literal translations of the phrase cucumber time (silly season) or cucumber season or its near-equivalent using gherkin: German (Sauregurkenzeit), Estonian (hapukurgihooaeg), Dutch (komkommertijd), Norwegian (agurktid), Hungarian (uborkaszezon), Czech (Okurková sezóna), Polish (Sezon ogórkowy), and Hebrew (Onat Ha’melafefonim)."

You want us to sign poor players because we are a poor team with poor players. Can’t say I see your logic there. We want the very finest players available to improve our team and get back to the top!
Second best player in the world is a poor player? Can’t say I see your logic there either

Pick on the old guy why don't you.
I do somewhat remember the Cantona transfer, also his ban too, I was lucky enough to be one of the schools chosen to spend an afternoon with him down at the old Cliff training ground when he was banned.

Awesome guy, playing 5 a side with Cantona on your team for a half was... surreal

A part of this tweet says that after the Clasico Xavi will tell players on the chopping board that they should leave with De Jong one of those names

:lol: :lol:

Bloody hell - source

"Several languages contain literal translations of the phrase cucumber time (silly season) or cucumber season or its near-equivalent using gherkin: German (Sauregurkenzeit), Estonian (hapukurgihooaeg), Dutch (komkommertijd), Norwegian (agurktid), Hungarian (uborkaszezon), Czech (Okurková sezóna), Polish (Sezon ogórkowy), and Hebrew (Onat Ha’melafefonim)."
Hungarian seems apt too ‘U-bork-season’ (anglicised and bastardised before the language nazis hit me again)
We are quite good at borking during the window. :lol:

It just so happens that the best player for the position we need also has a really difficult situation with his current club that in reality we have absolutely no say in.
When it's sorted, things will progress. We're talking about €17m here, not a cheeky fiver you lent to dodgy Dave down the pub.
I don't know, why can't Fdj come out with a comment like I’m flattered to be wanted by Manchester United or something like that. I just get the feeling he doesnt want to play for us.

I do somewhat remember the Cantona transfer, also his ban too, I was lucky enough to be one of the schools chosen to spend an afternoon with him down at the old Cliff training ground when he was banned.

Awesome guy, playing 5 a side with Cantona on your team for a half was... surreal

Class. I was recently talking about him to a mate who is even older than me who had fallen out of love with the game and then he got wind of Eric and he rejuvenated his love of the game. His effect was monumental.

Status
Not open for further replies.