Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I’m glad that we’re seeing reliable journos rubbish the ‘he doesn’t want to come’ nonsense.

We wouldn’t be this far down the road without clear indications from the players side

Like clockwork the Spanish press will see this and report ”he hates Manchester, doesn’t want to go there, he’d prefer to play in the Chinese third division”.

Any report of him being interested must met with a “bollocks, feck off you Northern English pigs”.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Well i stand corrected then and will listen to what Mitten has to say.
I won't lie, i wasn't 100% familiar with his importance
He lives in Barca (I think) but is a United fan, and he is very straight talking. He’s not one for dressing stuff up or sensationalising news - and he won’t say stuff if he isn’t sure of his info.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That’s obviously not a literal ‘don’t have a plan b’ but a figurative one to highlight how important Frenkie is to ETH. Let’s not lose our shit now people, hold your nerve…….
It's likely literal, there is no available player that can provide what De Jong brings. Now it's not impossible that the club move to a different position to upgrade, like the player supposed to start next to De Jong.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Surprised that Melissa Reddy doesn't get a full moon according to these weird aggregator tier systems. By all accounts she's usually quite good and they seem to be willing to give half of Spain a perfect reliability rating.
They assume that she's still reporting about Liverpool when it's clear by now that her main focus has shifted to Manchester United.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Like clockwork the Spanish press will see this and report ”he hates Manchester, doesn’t want to go there, he’d prefer to play in the Chinese third division”.

Any report of him being interested must met with a “bollocks, feck off you Northern English pigs”.
He grew up idolising Paul Dickov and has the DVD of the play off win over Gillingham.

Walk away.

JPRouve

Scout
He lives in Barca (I think) but is a United fan, and he is very straight talking. He’s not one for dressing stuff up or sensationalising news - and he won’t say stuff if he isn’t sure of his info.
I got in trouble in the past but Mitten has sources but his sources have agendas and narratives to share.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Has anyone discussed his deferred wages in the last 20 pages?

What about sloth from goonies? Or even the hunchback of Notre Dame?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Anyone willing to take a bet on when Sport will release something saying that de Jong has once again reiterated that he has no intention of joining United and he wants to stay at Barca.

Soon they'll be moving on to de Jong had put ten Hags number on his blocked callers list and refuses to return his texts.

Finally they'll release one last tweet "de Jong files restraining order on ten Hag"

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Wish we’d give up on De Jong and try and consider other options. This guys hugely overrated and doesn’t even want to be here either.

I just see another Di Maria or to a lesser degree Pogba situation unfolding from all of this.

We’re Man United. We shouldn’t be signing players who don’t want to be here. feck De Jong off please.
Wow. Never looked at it this way...

RedChisel

The club has no choice to continue to gamble on this transfer as we obviously have no alternatives and Ten Hag sees him as crucial to the system he wants to play.

Obviously Ten Hag will have much better insight into Frenkie's character and personality but for me he doesn't strike me as someone willing to slum it with what he considers a lesser team in a crap city (not my opinion).

If he comes I imagine it won't be long until he's pushing for a move because he and wifey are fed up of the rain, restaurants, lack of blonde people, lack of beach etc.

I'd hoped we'd moved on from handing millions to someone to come and insult our club and city while phoning in performances but hey ho gotta trust ETH on this one.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Anyone willing to take a bet on when Sport will release something saying that de Jong has once again reiterated that he has no intention of joining United and he wants to stay at Barca.

Soon they'll be moving on to de Jong had put ten Hags number on his blocked callers list and refuses to return his texts.

Finally they'll release one last tweet "de Jong files restraining order on ten Hag"
It’s reported that ETH has called him everyday for the past 3 months about this deal so you can see why Frenkie may be tempted by that!

JPRouve

Scout
Most sources do to be fair, but I feel on the whole Andy does a good job of balancing what’s he reports and the way he reports it.
He doesn't balance a thing which is an issue.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Plot twist

Frenkie sold phone to his stoner mate last year, and now Ten Hag has assurances Freddie De bin bag wants to play at Old Trafford. On fifa of course.

Frenkie stays at Bollywood.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Do you feel like the quotes of him that have been posted here reveal any information about Barca's, or De Jong's side of the story?
He's highlighted the following that is coming from Barcelona's side more so than United's:
  • Barcelona were hoping for other suitors to get involved to increase the competition.
  • Barcelona communicated to de Jong that they've come to a full agreement on the transfer with United.
  • A quote from a senior Barcelona official six weeks ago regarding Frenkie's situation

Status
Not open for further replies.