Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mmm-Qatarian

Surprised that Melissa Reddy doesn't get a full moon according to these weird aggregator tier systems. By all accounts she's usually quite good and they seem to be willing to give half of Spain a perfect reliability rating.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Wish we’d give up on De Jong and try and consider other options. This guys hugely overrated and doesn’t even want to be here either.

I just see another Di Maria or to a lesser degree Pogba situation unfolding from all of this.

We’re Man United. We shouldn’t be signing players who don’t want to be here. feck De Jong off please.
Nice to see a fresh unique take on things

mu4c_20le

"Significant complications" reminds me of the episode where Nathan Fielder takes the criminal Santa guy to the mall, knowing that the manager didn't want them there.

HookedOnAPhelan

Surprised that Melissa Reddy doesn't get a full moon according to these weird aggregator tier systems. By all accounts she's usually quite good and they seem to be willing to give half of Spain a perfect reliability rating.
Believe that's called sexual harrassment mate.

Chairman Steve

Isn’t Mitten based in Barcelona randomly? Surely he’d be quite literally close to the action to know something right? I know he’s not really a transfer guy though.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Isn’t Mitten based in Barcelona randomly? Surely he’d be quite literally close to the action to know something right? I know he’s not really a transfer guy though.
Millions of people live in Barcelona without knowing inside shit about what's going on at Barca, and neither does Mitten. If he's getting info it's from Man United.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Them tweets are pretty much everything we know already, but it does state that de Jong would have given assurances to ten Hag for us to have gotten this far into negotiations and agreed a fee.
We wouldn't just go in blind for a player and hope and pray that they want to join us, it'd make absoluely no sense at all. I'm sure there has been times when clubs have done that, including ourselves, but i wouldn't imagine it's a common occurance.

Still, i'm confident, i'm sure it'll be done and it's only a matter of time now

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
So essentially, ten Hag is very confident he'll come and plans to build his entire team around him. I imagine thats what sold him on the project, the fact that he'll be extremely wanted and will have a team built around him.

MF1138

It's quite clear ten Hag is pretty convinced he wants to come. Why would we walk away from a deal where we've agreed a fee and the manager says the player (who he knows personally) will come?

But it's taking too long so we should definitely walk away:wenger:

lex talionis

The one aspect of this that gives me confidence that we'll make the deal happen is that ETH wants Frenkie. We may question whether Frenkie wants to join United, but it's a WC year and United can pay a shitload of money that (apparently) Barcelona can't. Frenkie's only option if he really doesn't want to remain in Barcelona is to pull a Bale, and Frenkie doesn't come across as a Bale kinda guy.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Wish we’d give up on De Jong and try and consider other options. This guys hugely overrated and doesn’t even want to be here either.

I just see another Di Maria or to a lesser degree Pogba situation unfolding from all of this.

We’re Man United. We shouldn’t be signing players who don’t want to be here. feck De Jong off please.
Have faith brother, he's the chosen one

Dravy

All this "bell ringing" stuff has far different connotations in Thailand...

RkkMan

Millions of people live in Barcelona without knowing inside shit about what's going on at Barca, and neither does Mitten. If he's getting info it's from Man United.
You're massively undermining an experienced professional in the industry. Mitten isn't the type to post updates unless he's heard something though and when he does he's right a lot of times. Actual Utd fans know this

Joseunited

Hang on a second, didn't Ten Hag say if we couldn't get who we wanted(FDJ) then we would use somebody in the squad and mould them into a FDJ clone?
Edit.Just re read the tweet and noticed it said we don't have a plan B :lol: .My bad.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Them tweets are pretty much everything we know already, but it does state that de Jong would have given assurances to ten Hag for us to have gotten this far into negotiations and agreed a fee.
We wouldn't just go in blind for a player and hope and pray that they want to join us, it'd make absoluely no sense at all. I'm sure there has been times when clubs have done that, including ourselves, but i wouldn't imagine it's a common occurance.

Still, i'm confident, i'm sure it'll be done and it's only a matter of time now
If De Jong had no intention to leave he wouldn't be negotiating for a payout, if he wants to stay and wants his money he literally has to do nothing other than come to work until 2026.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
So essentially, ten Hag is very confident he'll come and plans to build his entire team around him. I imagine thats what sold him on the project, the fact that he'll be extremely wanted and will have a team built around him.
And the more he says this then the more Barca MAY keep their stance knowing how much EtH wants him!

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Might not be groundbreaking but Andy Mitten is connected to Barca just as much as United and as reliable as they come so you can trust it at least!
Well i stand corrected then and will listen to what Mitten has to say.
I won't lie, i wasn't 100% familiar with his importance

Status
Not open for further replies.