Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its different when you've got an established team buying a player from the same league.

We have a new manager, a team which will have at least new 4-5 starters with a totally different style of play and none of the new signings have played in the league before.

Eriksen's played in the league. Malacia won't start.

At most, it'd be 3 new starters.

I don't think it's that big of an issue.

Fair enough. I've been posting on Redcafe since 2004 with zero history of pulling any nonsense like this. But fair enough, was literally trying to be helpful. No worries chaps.
Yep trying to be helpful, posting a negative comment with no source, tweet or article, just a "Trust my word".
You can understand how we're very skeptical about that

Not a case of somebody not paying up though is it? We have agreed a price - it’s FdJ’s differed wages and Barcas shadiness holding up the deal. I don’t think Chelsea will offer a solution to that problem either - it’s between the player and Barca.

Please stop peddling these myths. Barca are desperate to sell to fund new signings (and be able to register them) and De Jong has stated he is happy to join United and ten Hag. This will happen, it’s just there are some considerable Is to dot and ts to cross.

This New Chelsa won't be like the previous regime. Boehly may pull some marketing stunts just to make an announcement that he is in the Game. But I doubt if he is as generous as Roman by subsidising the club to the tune of £ 1 million per week for nearly the past 20yrs.

Nope, your ‘rightful complaint’ is just being questioned. I think some things actually sound like they make perfect sense on paper/online - to the degree that people disregard whether the reality supports it or not. We’ve been watching football for long enough to see that many, many players - of varying success sign at all stages of the window. We’ve also, surely, by now seen too many pre-seasons where important players are missing due to international commitments, or simply injury.

Pre-season has use, but it’s use is exaggerated. It’s primarily a fitness exercise and a commercial tour. For all the talk about shaping the team, we’ll probably line up with Tahith Chong or something next week. It happens every year.

Players needing to be in place from the very start of pre-season sounds logical and makes perfect sense, and I’d 100% agree if not for the fact that the reality does not reflect that. Not meaning to sound hostile, but at the same time, it’s about calming what has been posted over and over as either a cause to raise alarm, or a cause to revel in our supposed ‘incompetence’. It really doesn’t matter that much.

It maybe true for a Conte or a Klopp that pre season is a fitness excercise but for a new manager with a completely new style of play its not. Its the perfect opportunity for him to see which tactics, formations work and which doesn't to a certain degree given its friendlies

De Jong is supposed to be an incredibly important piece of the puzzle and without him yea it would be reduced to a fitness excercise.

Its not catastrophic and won't lead to a collapse but still is a notch in the incompetence column imo because its not just De Jong (delayed arrival isn't really Utd's fault but Barca's) who'll be missing the preseason. Its a bit puzzling for me why Antony or a backup RW hasn't been wrapped up yet.

Fair enough if this particular topic has been discussed to death here and y'all are tired of it rather than hostile. My bad for misinterpreting.

They will play together for the next 9 months when he signs. 9 months plus two weeks will make very little difference. Pre-season is a fitness exercise first and foremost.

Plus he already knows what ETH wants in his players. Not like the cro-magnon players we have.

There's more chance of Scholes coming back from retirement and nutmegs Neymar in CL final than this transfer happening before August.

Yep, I can understand that for sure.

I should however suggest that a) posting the source would likely very quickly to this dude getting fired and b) the information I read isn't necessarily stuff that is allowed to be tweeted.

If you don't believe me then fair enough :lol:.

If you do believe me then the latest is that the deal isn't dead, but it's not in the 'automatic' realm anymore.
So it'd lead to him being fired would it? A journo, being fired for reporting news that they've been given?

Come on now... Then again, i imagine you'll enjoy the attention and PM's that will come flying your way now

:lol:

I'll just not bother. Far easier,
Yeah... because anyone can come in and say they have a friend well placed in the club who told them this and that...
If you're deadly serious, perhaps you should PM a mod or one of the admins the info you have and where you got it. At least then you won't be labelled a WUM.

Post sources, without them this becomes even more ridiculous.
Seems to always be the case... someone has bulletproof info from an excellent source that would never let them down - but they can't share it as they'll get fired, or get into trouble etc.
Why even say anything then? If United were having doubts, it would be reported... instead the same info is coming out daily

My source says deal done this week..... wait my other source says he is staying with Barca..... No a source is saying he is going to Chelsea, no wait now it is someone else.

I seriously hate these voices in my head. They just cannot make up their mind.

I was just cleaning the toilets at Carrington and I overheard a conversation between two unnamed senior executives that this deal is as good as done and he’s having a medical tonight.

This is going nowhere!
Time to move for the cheaper alternatives we had lined up when we apparently stated we would not pay more than market price for Frenkie.

To carry on what @Rozay was saying

When we signed RVP, he didn't have a pre-season with us and he was still our best player that season.
In fairness he was the icing on top of an already very good settled side who had played under the same manager with the same principles for some time. ETH is going to have to implement a new style into these players. FDJ will know what ETH wants from him so it isn’t essential he’s here at the start of the tour - I do think when the squad gets whittled down half-way through and it goes from ETH having a look at players/fitness work to being more in depth tactical patterns he should be signed though.

Simon Stone. Simon Jones. How many Simons are there?
I know a Simon Chadwick so that's at least three "Simons" in the world. Ridiculous isn't it?

There’s that comedian Simon Amstell who used to present Nevermind The Buzzcocks, and as a kid I had a neighbour called Simon - so that’s 5 of them right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.