Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Fecking Chelsea, we'd be mad to blow up our wage structure like that to compete with them :mad:
If he wasn't Erik's number one target since day 1 of the window and we didn't badly need that type of CM would agree with you.

Have said it plenty of times if you need to dip into next years budget to match Chelsea then so be it. Make no mistake it would be a catastrophe to let him go elsewhere.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Maybe we never really were trying to find a way to get Frenkie maybe the real Frenkie is the friends and sexists we found along the way?

Sure it means our CBs will find transitioning from defence to midfield a bit harder and our line breaking passes might be few and far between. Maybe our press resistant midfield might be a pipedream but look at what we learnt about ourselves for example:

@Brownie85
@Berbaclass
@Plant0x84

All need a hobby… and besides January is only 5 months away.
Au contrare mr Starr. Footy transfer muppeting is my hobby, now I’m gonna have to pay attention to my wife and kids again til January. :annoyed:

PoTMS

I would laugh if he ends up being an utter disappointment of a player compared to what people thought he may be and Barcelona subsequently struggle to get him off their books.

Nero

Yet again. Gerard Romero.

The guy is a fecking clown. He's put out about 100 bullshit tweets this summer that were all nonsense.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
That would make him the best paid player in the prem, right?

Anyway, it’s nonsense. Hold the line!

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Imagine how sweet it‘ll be if he goes to Chelsea and flops harder than a chocolate lightsaber

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Watching them get overrun and out worked against Leeds I wasn’t looking at that game thinking FDJ alongside Jorginho is what they need…they need to replace Kante’s energy in that midfield.
A team struggling against Leeds' midfield you say... Should we sell them McT?

lex talionis

Gavi has the right skillset, strong character and talent to be a longterm starter at Barca. But he must improve many things. Hardly surprising of course, he just turned 18. His career at barca will depend on his improvements in the near future. But he has more than enough time to improve. Iniesta for example was around 22-23, when he became an undisputed starter.

Frenkie can't play Busquet's position in our system. Frenkie loves to take the ball and carry it forward. But you can only do that with a double pivot, when you have a player next to you who secures the space you leave. That's where Frenkie has his biggest strength. If you remember the scene a few years back with Ajax against Madrid and Modric. This following scene shows his biggest strength perfectly. He has the physique to fight, win the ball and then carry it forward.

But Busquets plays it completely different. Sergio is the link between the defenders and interiors/flanks. He doesn't carry the ball forward, but passes it. Busquet's job as the only pivot is to open a play with a good pass forward, because he can't leave the space as the only player infront of the defenders. He needs to see the opportunity to pass and start an attack, while being under pressure.

Both players interpret the same position completely different, because of different skillsets. That's why Frenkie can never be Busquet's successor and I believe Xavi sees it the same way, otherwise he would have let him play there way more often.
I'm in no position to dispute what a Barcelona supporter argues is in the best interest of Barcelona, but I do have to question whether because Frenkie loves to carry the ball forward that he can never become the successor to Busquets. Frenkie does love to carry the ball, but he's not unwilling to make the one-touch pass to restart the attack. Maybe he's too prone to release the ball quickly enough for Xavi's liking, but could that instinct not be drilled into him?

joedirt87

I only believe in the transfer god Mick Ruby, pay no attention to Romero.

this is complete and utter nonsense

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
I only believe in the transfer god Mick Ruby, pay no attention to Romero.

this is complete and utter nonsense
too bad they accidentally signed Frankie in their rush and now it's just some beerbelly from the Jordaan getting paid 20M a season

Wrecking ralf

Someone is manning the flight tracker and airport cam aren’t they. Can’t be letting him sneak back to Spain without us knowing.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
Dont worry, he’s not going anywhere, too whipped.

I contributed to the bingo.

Status
Not open for further replies.