Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
Not offended mate, it’s just domestic abuse isnt something to joke about. You can do better.
I wanna say you can do batter, but I also agree with your sentiment, so... I don't know what to do

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
There's no reason to keep this thread going now. Once United signed Antony and came to an agreement on Dubravka, this was all but over. We'll see if this will make a return in January/next summer, but I doubt it.
This is like that scene where Yoda succumbed to the dark side

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
Yeah this thread doesn’t deserve to reach 2000 now. Not like this.

Muppetry should be the stupid hope that something incredible may happen in a window while tracking flights and analysing the colour of vegetable in someone’s latest insta post.

Not this… never this.

I heard he once ate a red tomato

a RED tomato

but then it turned out to be a fruit so it didn't matter

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
There's no reason to keep this thread going now. Once United signed Antony and came to an agreement on Dubravka, this was all but over. We'll see if this will make a return in January/next summer, but I doubt it.
yeah after Dubravka I don't know how they'll pay for Du Jong

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This is like that scene where Yoda succumbed to the dark side
I know we're having fun and all, but honestly, the overall muppetry was kind of unnecessary once we acquired Casemiro. At that point, there was little to no hope that we'd conclude a deal for de Jong.

We shouldn't even get our hopes up until de Jong's camp leaks out his willingness to leave Barcelona. As long as the player prefers to stay (regardless of the reasons), this will go nowhere.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I know we're having fun and all, but honestly, the overall muppetry was kind of unnecessary once we acquired Casemiro. At that point, there was little to no hope that we'd conclude a deal for de Jong.

We shouldn't even get our hopes up until de Jong's camp leaks out his willingness to leave Barcelona. As long as the player prefers to stay (regardless of the reasons), this will go nowhere.
@mazhar13 the muppet slayer?!! There’s a twist nobody saw coming….

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses

So youre saying theres still a chance?

Its on, Cafs very own transfer guru has spoken :)

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
How good do you believe Gavi will be?

Pedri will go right to the very top. But Gavi?

And would it be worth De Jong waiting a season to see if Busquets retires?
Gavi has the right skillset, strong character and talent to be a longterm starter at Barca. But he must improve many things. Hardly surprising of course, he just turned 18. His career at barca will depend on his improvements in the near future. But he has more than enough time to improve. Iniesta for example was around 22-23, when he became an undisputed starter.

Frenkie can't play Busquet's position in our system. Frenkie loves to take the ball and carry it forward. But you can only do that with a double pivot, when you have a player next to you who secures the space you leave. That's where Frenkie has his biggest strength. If you remember the scene a few years back with Ajax against Madrid and Modric. This following scene shows his biggest strength perfectly. He has the physique to fight, win the ball and then carry it forward.

But Busquets plays it completely different. Sergio is the link between the defenders and interiors/flanks. He doesn't carry the ball forward, but passes it. Busquet's job as the only pivot is to open a play with a good pass forward, because he can't leave the space as the only player infront of the defenders. He needs to see the opportunity to pass and start an attack, while being under pressure.

Both players interpret the same position completely different, because of different skillsets. That's why Frenkie can never be Busquet's successor and I believe Xavi sees it the same way, otherwise he would have let him play there way more often.

Reactions: Cheimoon

croadyman

This will be reignited come next summer when Frenkie is phased out of the squad by Xavi and after Laporta crosses the line and impregnates his fiancee/future wife...sorry can't help myself.
Be utterly staggered if we get a second bite at this deal next summer, however happy to be proved totally wrong on that

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
Maybe we never really were trying to find a way to get Frenkie maybe the real Frenkie is the friends and sexists we found along the way?

Sure it means our CBs will find transitioning from defence to midfield a bit harder and our line breaking passes might be few and far between. Maybe our press resistant midfield might be a pipedream but look at what we learnt about ourselves for example:

@Brownie85
@Berbaclass
@Plant0x84

All need a hobby… and besides January is only 5 months away.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Maybe we never really were trying to find a way to get Frenkie maybe the real Frenkie is the friends and sexists we found along the way?

Sure it means our CBs will find transitioning from defence to midfield a bit harder and our line breaking passes might be few and far between. Maybe our press resistant midfield might be a pipedream but look at what we learnt about ourselves for example:

@Brownie85
@Berbaclass
@Plant0x84

Agreed, those guys are hopeless

Counterfactual

@Brownie85
@Berbaclass
@Plant0x84

:lol:

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea

Baking in the deferred salary, I presume.

fecking cnuts.
I'm betting that's just Gerard Romero being Gerard Romero. The man's got to earn his meal ticket somehow so he thought he'd make up some shit to get clicks for his channel.

Laurencio

Fecking Chelsea, we'd be mad to blow up our wage structure like that to compete with them :mad:

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
Plus taking their spending to 330m with 90m CB for next year on top and Gordon/Aubemeyang to come. All to finish 3rd.
Wouldn't it be the almost same for United by now? :lol: Antony, Casemiro and Martínez didn't exactly come out of the bargain bin

micmac

I wrote a little poem to help us march to the 1800th page

What is our team? A play of passion;
Our mirth the music of division;
Our midfielders' passes the tiring-houses be,
Where we are dressed for this short comedy.
Frenkie the judicious sharp spectator is,
That sits and marks still who doth shoot amiss;
Our graves that hide us from the searching sun
Are like drawn curtains when the transfer is done.
Thus march we, complaining and dreaming, to our latest rest,
Only we muppet in earnest – that’s no jest.
How RAWKish…

Tweek

I'm betting that's just Gerard Romero being Gerard Romero. The man's got to earn his meal ticket somehow so he thought he'd make up some shit to get clicks for his channel.
That guy has been one of the biggest peddlers of absolute bs throughout all of this. He knows the square root of feck all. It's possible sure, but just the fact that it came from that chancer first makes me sceptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.