Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can bet your house we will be there if De Jong decides to move. Doesn't mean he'll end up here, but no way is our 'activity over' if he moves

Of course signing a player with no real desire to be here might not be a great move after a season playing a bit part. In that time who knows if someone else will emerge who really does want to be here. If he doesn’t want to come in Jan I’m not sure we can wait and wait..he could cost us top 4 as it is.

Casemiro needs good players to find..otherwise he’ll be just getting the ball played back whilst he is under pressure…without FDJ he won’t look half as good as he actually is. Could have a poor first season and that’s hard to come back from.
He has Fred, his NT partner. Seems to work well enough for Brazil. We also have Bruno and Eriksen doing the creative stuff. Casemiro will be great.

I'm not saying the Glazers intended it to be this way. But it's been a great distraction that has gone on much longer than expected, due to so many people still holding out hope.

Put it this way, imagine we didn't have this saga this summer...the sh*t would have hit the fan months ago over our transfer business. This thread has been at the top of RedCafe for the best part of 3 months and that is reflective of the interest it has had from many fans on social media etc.

Think you’ve lost it if you think that what goes on in the FDJ Redcafe thread has any baring on club ownership and the Glazers.

I feel like there's an embargo on his signing update so as not to overshadow the Antony one today

Of course signing a player with no real desire to be here might not be a great move after a season playing a bit part. In that time who knows if someone else will emerge who really does want to be here. If he doesn’t want to come in Jan I’m not sure we can wait and wait..he could cost us top 4 as it is.
Oh no I meant this summer. I don't think we'll sign him in the future if we don't get him until thursday

What are you main priorities this season?

Chelsea's? Defence was prio but with Fof seemingly done that's sorted.

Midfield is not an issue right now but in 12 months we could very realistically lose Jorginho and Kante. If there's a chance of picking up someone of De Jong's quality then it would be silly not to take it.

I don't think we're in for him by the way, was just pointing out it would not be a crazy idea.

Think you’ve lost it if you think that what goes on in the FDJ Redcafe thread has any baring on club ownership and the Glazers.
Seen that mentioned a few times, numpties acting as if any of our muppet activity has the slightest bearing on the club ownership and/or management. Complete lunacy

Rubbish! This so called ‘embarrassing’ saga is a large part of the reason why Arnie had to head off loons at the pub, why there have been multiple protests in our first few games, and why Our transfer budget seemingly doubled overnight.
It’s only at the top of the caf because the banter has been top class and a lot of folk have derived a modicum of amusement from it. Other than that literally NOTHING has happened for 2 months!

What he said.

Seen that mentioned a few times, numpties acting as if any of our muppet activity has the slightest bearing on the club ownership and/or management. Complete lunacy

I don’t really like that narrative either.

Trying to paint fans having a laugh on a fan forum about transfers as aiding and abetting the Glazers

Poor form @pocco

Don't you know Joel Glazer is an avid reader of muppet threads on this forum? Every day when he wakes up he logs on, reads what has been said, then calls Arnold to discuss it and how to best distract us from 10 years of incompetent management. When the thread reaches 2000 pages he will ring a little bell and everyone will know that all is forgiven.

PSG we’re beating us to players when SAF was here. Why would any player choose us over pSG this summer? Hasn’t happened in a decade.
Well we wouldn’t know would we because we didn’t go in for him. The premier league is better temptation then the French league.

Players need to also want to join you in order to sign them. This idea that we could have just signed whomever when someone else gets them for a decent fee is hilarious.
We wouldn’t know if he wanted to join if we never went in for him.

So there is no wedding and both Frenkie de Jong and Depay are in London (where United headquarters (?) are) and this is supposed to be random just two days before the end of the deadline?

If you get both a striker and Fdj this is a 10/10 transferwindow for you guys.

I was always sceptical but I am using one of my three posts a day to say this is happening.

Good luck!

Can see us getting Memphis back but still too much red tape involved with FDJ such as wage deferrals and reluctance to leave

Don't you know Joel Glazer is an avid reader of muppet threads on this forum? Every day when he wakes up he logs on, reads what has been said, then calls Arnold to discuss it and how to best distract us from 10 years of incompetent management. When the thread reaches 2000 pages he will ring a little bell and everyone will know that all is forgiven.
@Joel - Man utd you’ve been rumbled!

Chelsea's? Defence was prio but with Fof seemingly done that's sorted.

Midfield is not an issue right now but in 12 months we could very realistically lose Jorginho and Kante. If there's a chance of picking up someone of De Jong's quality then it would be silly not to take it.

I don't think we're in for him by the way, was just pointing out it would not be a crazy idea.

I had assumed another striker would be important -- while having Havertz and Sterling as starters.

But I guess you are keeping Pulisic and Bats?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had assumed another striker would be important -- while having Havertz and Sterling as starters.

But I guess you are keeping Pulisic and Bats?

We have Sterling, Broja and Havertz who Tuchel can play in the middle. I'd be very suprised if Bats is still here after the deadline.

We've been pretty strongly linked with Aubamayang but he's the only striker.

Be nice to get a striker in but it certainly wasn't at the top of the list.

Just a reminder that everyone surely must be aware of, but the acquisition of Casemiro largely moots the need for de Jong.

Would we all love to have both? Of course. But Casemiro will serve in the role de Jong would have served as originally envisioned and Eriksen will serve in the role de Jong could still serve if we do land him. Eriksen can’t go 90 minutes 2x a week but he’s clearly regular starting quality for us who will slot in fantastically for us between Casemiro and Bruno.

A shame the football gods did not allow this transfer to happen so that we could witness the genius of Casemiro and de Jong together, but the arrival of Casemiro more than compensates for the absence of de Jong.

Just a reminder that everyone surely must be aware of, but the acquisition of Casemiro largely moots the need for de Jong.

Would we all love to have both? Of course. But Casemiro will serve in the role de Jong would have served as originally envisioned and Eriksen will serve in the role de Jong could still serve if we do land him. Eriksen can’t go 90 minutes 2x a week but he’s clearly regular starting quality for us who will slot in fantastically for us between Casemiro and Bruno.

A shame the football gods did not allow this transfer to happen so that we could witness the genius of Casemiro and de Jong together, but the arrival of Casemiro more than compensates for the absence of de Jong.

I just worry about not only being able to keep the ball in midfield but also progress it when necessary as well with this lineup

Not really, we still need a progressive midfielder.

Last edited:
Yeah I know its this guy again, but Gerard Romero (via Managing Barca twitter account) reports that Barcelona have everything prepared to sign Bernardo Silva, providing that they manage to sell the players they need to sell. And that City is now open to leaving him.

If he is not spreading bullsh1t again, I am wondering where Frenkie will fit in? And can they have the funds to buy Bernardo without selling Frenkie?

Hopefully it is not to Chelsea..

Yeah I know its this guy again, but Gerard Romero (via Managing Barca twitter account) reports that Barcelona have everything prepared to sign Bernardo Silva, providing that they manage to sell the players they need to sell. And that City is now open to leaving him.

If he is not spreading bullsh1t again, I am wondering where Frenkie will fit in? And can they have the funds to buy Bernardo without selling Frenkie?

are you saying medical as we speak?

BREAKING

I wouldn't really believe that City would sell this late in the window, seems more hope than likely.

Auba, Dest, Memphis, Pjanic and Braithwaite's contract terminated would probably be enough to register Bernardo regardless of Frenkie but depends on how much transfer money with have left for the fee. I would think Barca would rather get rid of de Jong also though as he isn't getting in a midfield ahead of Pedri-Bernardo.

This is a done deal, Had him call barca's bluff all summer to force their hand on the 17m and even managed to stage a false flag wedding in the middle.

If they're in London on transfer related stuff then signs point to Chelsea over United as although we have offices in London we do transfer business in Manchester (duffer's winding people up by saying we sort stuff in London). And Chelsea were linked with signing an attacker - specifically Gordon - but that has gone dead over the last 24 hours or so.

Romero's also said five Barcelona players are scheduled to leave before the window shuts but no mention of who those are.

IF, they are in London for transfer reason, it is because they have been told to be there should a deal get done.

The could be with any club.

If nothing happens, then they don't lose face and can just say it was a holiday. They couldn't say that if they said they were "sightseeing" in Manchester.

Not really, we stills need a progressive midfielder.

Frenkie was originally conceived as a CDM for us. I completely agree he’s better used as a progressive midfielder, but we have Eriksen and, at the risk of mentioning his name, Fred. De Jong is a massive upgrade on both without any question, but before we brought in Casemiro the vision was for de Jong to slot right in at CDM.

If we sign De Jong, you can delete my account...............................

If Frenkie was "sightseeing", then his girlfriend would be posting IG stories every 5 mins. She is the type to post everything she does, especially on holiday.
She has posted nothing since the Barca game on Sunday.

Maybe she was told to keep off social as not to stir things up with a transfer pending?

Actually surprised they let the agent of the social media guy, Khaby Lame, post them.

Frenkie was originally conceived as a CDM for us. I completely agree he’s better used as a progressive midfielder, but we have Eriksen and, at the risk of mentioning his name, Fred. De Jong is a massive upgrade on both without any question, but before we brought in Casemiro the vision was for de Jong to slot right in at CDM.
He would definitely be a LDM, not a sole CDM, in a ETH team. Now it would probably be more of an LCM if Casemiro is envisioned as more of an anchor fella

Status
Not open for further replies.