• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
So he’d rather take a pay cut than play for us — fecking embarrassing. :lol:

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Yeah but that doesn’t follow the narrative. Chelsea missing out on Raphinha is just business, us missing out is “embarrassing”.#fact
Then after missing out and the embarrasing phase is over, the resentment for ten Hag will set in, and after a loss people will be wanting his head on a platter

:Honestly, that doesn't seem like anything particularly revelatory. This could easily be de Jong's camp being given the salary reduction request and then not coming back with an immediate answer, which is reasonable
If it were my client and it was his dream club, I’d take their final proposal, and say:

• nope, and here is our final proposal. Make his wage match the highest paid player, with a clause in there for that to remain the case over the course of his deal, and we’ll sign. Otherwise, feck off and enjoy your shiney new toys.

Lewa is reportedly taking home 9m net (so around double gross), in no World should he be earning more than De Jong so make them match it.

Paxi

Yeah but that doesn’t follow the narrative. Chelsea missing out on Raphinha is just business, us missing out is “embarrassing”.#fact
Rapinha would have happily went to Chelsea, only for Barcelona to swoop in. De Jong is taking a massive pay cut after pretty much being humiliated by his employer and still he’d rather not join us.

Sometimes you just need to call a spade a spade. We went after someone whom had very little interest in us all along.

croadyman

Less tunnel vision and more just sees him as a world class player so will try until he can no longer try? If it falls through then so be it, but I see the logic in going all out for Frenkie.
I spose my main point is we need to have a backup deal in place ready to pull the trigger on rather than scrambling to negotiate in last few days of window

Newtonius

3 months of chasing him and it looks like he will be taking an absurd paycut to stay and play at CB you really can't make this shit up what a black mark on ETH

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
If it were my client and it was his dream club, I’d take their final proposal, and say:

• nope, and here is our final proposal. Make his wage match the highest paid player, with a clause in there for that to remain the case over the course of his deal, and we’ll sign. Otherwise, feck off and enjoy your shiney new toys.
The most frustrating part of this transfer is that all the reports that are coming out are so inconsistent with eachother. You have one source saying one thing, and another saying the complete opposite. Then the reliable, trustworthy sources are just silent because theres nothing to say.

People then fight over whats truth and whats not, when in reality, most of it is utter shite anyway and just different outlets looking to gain traffic and clicks.

The only consistent thing we've got is that Barca have issued an ultimatum - reduce your salary or feck off. Aside from that, it's pretty much all speculation and gossip. Those saying he's considering it, in actuality, probably have no idea what he's considering or rejected. Helena even said he's considering Uniteds offer (or thats becoming appealing, not sure how to read it to be fair), even though other sources have said he's got no intention of joining us. It's just a joke, and literally everything is hearsay or speculation at this point

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
I went shopping yesterday and came home with feck all. Today I went shopping, came home with feck all.

I'm going lidl tomorrow.

I won't be forgetting my bank card 3 days running.

The figures that are bandied about are a massive reduction objectively speaking.
And he aint gonna take it.

He would’ve taken it two months ago in that case, why go through all this?
Why sign it after being treated like shite and turned into a sub CB?

Don’t buy it for a second, and the main ITK reporter on this reported just yesterday that he’s not gonna do it, so I call bollocks.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I really don't understand the sentiment from the fans and media on this. We had every right to go for him, just like other teams do. Like other teams, it doesn't always work. Yet we seem to be the only team targeted for not getting in a player. It's used as a stick to beat us with for some reason. Chelsea and Arsenal have been hijacked to a few transfers in this very same window.
City failed to sign Kane last summer and spent the whole time looking to sign him. Real Madrid couldn't land Mbappe. Haaland chose City over far more reputable clubs. Its the transfer window, this happens to literally everyone. Yet for us, its tried to be used as a symbol of decline.

In this particular transfer, Barca showed themselves to be completely dishonest and shady. hat's not on us.
Yep. Real Madrid didn't go after a backup to Mbappe after that fell through, City decided not to get a striker when Kane fell through ... Its fine. United have Fred, Eriksen, Bruno, McTominay, Van de Beek, and Garner. Its not that bad. Its a group that has been mismanaged mainly, but also added Eriksen in.

Frenkie would be a dream signing, but we'd have to also sell someone if he came in as number wise/role wise, we are relatively full. We would be better off taking the Frenkie budget and spending it on a left footed right winger like Antony if Frenkie falls through, as then we wouldn't be short on wide players.

Paxi

Barcelona threatened him with a transfer to United to get him to agree to a cheaper contract :lol:
We’re getting memed hard for this. Ah well, 9 years after Fabregas, we’re still standing firmly with pants pulled down holding our cocks. :lol:

El Presidente

I mean if he stays, it's not a huge deal. We went for a player, it didn't pan out. Most deals don't. Ten Hag will be judged on his coaching at the end of the day and I'd say it's virtually guaranteed to be a massive improvement anyway.
What?
Manchester United's DOF spends months chasing an absolutely dead deal from the very beginning. Never had a plan B. Didn't even consider it. As a result, in 10 days we will start with McFred.
Manchester United's manager was either being lied to, in which case he's still to be blamed because he had more than enough time to realise the situation OR he never actually had the player's assurance in which case... what the feck, man.
From a CEO and board perspective - the club's name has been dragged through the mud this summer. Between "downgrading to Europa League" and "United is viewed as a step down" basically every journalist under the sun was having a field day at United's expense. Absolutely zero response from the club, except for us being "relaxed about the situation" when, if anything, relaxed is the last thing we should have been.

Imagine this happening to City. Heads will fall even before the first article has been written.

Now, all of this is on the premises that he decides to stay and would be happy to be proven wrong, but if it does happen - I would expect some serious implications.

Ronaldo's Love Child

The most frustrating part of this transfer is that all the reports that are coming out are so inconsistent with eachother. You have one source saying one thing, and another saying the complete opposite. Then the reliable, trustworthy sources are just silent because theres nothing to say.

People then fight over whats truth and whats not, when in reality, most of it is utter shite anyway and just different outlets looking to gain traffic and clicks.

The only consistent thing we've got is that Barca have issued an ultimatum - reduce your salary or feck off. Aside from that, it's pretty much all speculation and gossip. Those saying he's considering it, in actuality, probably have no idea what he's considering or rejected. Helena even said he's considering Uniteds offer (or thats becoming appealing, not sure how to read it to be fair), even though other sources have said he's got no intention of joining us. It's just a joke, and literally everything is hearsay or speculation at this point
But there are some things we can safely assume.

1 United are interested in signing FDJ
2 United have approached Barca about signing FDJ and a figure has been agreed.
3 United have been speaking with FDJ and have assurances he actually wants to join us......this has to to be true....right? Please??
4 FDJ has stated he is very happy at Barca and we all assume he's playing a game of poker with Laporte. However, he could also be telling the truth as #3 might not be true

tjb

Rapinha would have happily went to Chelsea, only for Barcelona to swoop in. De Jong is taking a massive pay cut after pretty much being humiliated by his employer and still he’d rather not join us.

Sometimes you just need to call a spade a spade. We went after someone whom had very little interest in us all along.
That's still on him. I don't see what that has to do with us. If he wants to suffer and waste his career at a team that has nothing to do with us.

Plus you know if we were in Chelsea's position that would have been far more of a story than it currently has been

Paxi

And he aint gonna take it.

He would’ve taken it two months ago in that case, why go through all this?
Why sign it after being treated like shite and turned into a sub CB?

Don’t buy it for a second, and the main ITK reporter on this reported just yesterday that he’s not gonna do it, so I call bollocks.
Well there are reports tonight suggesting he will. By all means, I hope he joins us but I mean I’m just going off the latest news.

Status
Not open for further replies.