French League - 'Ligue 1' 2016/17 | AS Monaco Champions!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
On the one hand, i don't rate him as a top striker for a big team. On the other hand...of the top sides(madrid, barca, bayern, juve, psg, utd, city, chelsea, arsenal, liverpool, atletico), arsenal, atletico and liverpool are playing a combination of alexis, welbeck, giroud, firmino, origi, sturridge, torres, gameiro. Lacazette is most likely better than all those guys aside from alexis, and probably work better as a CF.

All in all...if the price is good, he's worth a punt. If Aulas keeps asking for more than £45/50M, he can stay in lyon...

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
What's the verdict on Lacazette, then? Third season running in Ligue 1 that he has scored 20+ goals, and he recently came out saying he wants to leave this summer. Will he be a serious option for the bigger sides? Should he be?
He will move this summer.

Not so many options: certainly an EPL club or a club like Atletico if they sell Griezmann.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The thing is Lacazette is probably more valuable for Lyon than for most clubs. Players able to score 20 goals reliably in L1 are hard to come by and selling Lacazette for €50m or less will look increasingly worse if they lose out on CL money in the next years due to a lack of goals.

If I were Aulas I would try to keep Lacazette and cash in on Tolisso to balance the books (or Fekir is someone is willing to pay a good price).

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I see. Atletico could be an option if Griezmann does move, I could see that. Beyond that I'd imagine mid-table PL teams with their money will be interested: West Ham were begging for him last summer. Maybe one of the Milan sides now they both have money?

One thing to also note is that 9 of his 20 this season have been penalties, which may or may not be a slight against him. Though I am aware Lyon have been quite poor this season?

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I see. Atletico could be an option if Griezmann does move, I could see that. Beyond that I'd imagine mid-table PL teams with their money will be interested: West Ham were begging for him last summer. Maybe one of the Milan sides now they both have money?

One thing to also note is that 9 of his 20 this season have been penalties, which may or may not be a slight against him. Though I am aware Lyon have been quite poor this season?
Lacazette is a good striker who plays for an inconsistent young team.

The question is rather: who are the scorers available next summer? Not so many if you look at the table (top scorers this season - all competitions) below.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Nantes 2 up against Marseille. Go on Sérgio Conceição :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The thing is Lacazette is probably more valuable for Lyon than for most clubs. Players able to score 20 goals reliably in L1 are hard to come by and selling Lacazette for €50m or less will look increasingly worse if they lose out on CL money in the next years due to a lack of goals.

If I were Aulas I would try to keep Lacazette and cash in on Tolisso to balance the books (or Fekir is someone is willing to pay a good price).
Maybe they can bring back Pléa? Pléa, Fékir and Memphis have goals in them.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Maybe they can bring back Pléa? Pléa, Fékir and Memphis have goals in them.
Pléa is a risk as he doesn't guarantee near as many goals as Lacazette and Nice have no reason to sell on the cheap to a direct competitor.

Pléa possibly being one of the best options proves my point: replacing Lacazette will be difficult and risks pulling the results downwards. They don't want to miss out on the CL two years in a row.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
fecking Marseille, was on course for a grand before they feck up, am fuming.
Sérgio Conceição is a decent manager. His teams have good organization in defensive terms. It was always hard for the big 3 in Portugal to play against his teams. I thought about betting Marseille but gave up affraid Nantes would be too much for them. Nantes has been decent since Conceição took over.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Sérgio Conceição is a decent manager. His teams have good organization in defensive terms. It was always hard for the big 3 in Portugal to play against his teams. I thought about betting Marseille but gave up affraid Nantes would be too much for them. Nantes has been decent since Conceição took over.
Nantes has been fantastic :)

Conceicao replaced Girard:

Girard: 13 points in 15 games
Conceicao: 16 points in 8 games

NYAS

Excited to watch Monaco at Bastia tonight, they'll probably play a weakened/mixed team before their trip to City.

Hoping to see another massacre since Bastia sit 19th in the league, though they're known for a hostile atmosphere and it could be difficult.

NYAS

Subasic, Toure, Glik, Jemerson, Mendy, Moutinho, Bakayoko, Silva, Lemar, Germain, Falcao starting.

Sidibe, Fabinho and Mbappe on the bench.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
fecking Marseille, was on course for a grand before they feck up, am fuming.
Please never bet on Marseille and Lyon -----> non investment grade (speculative, high yield)

Last edited:

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Please never bet on Marseille and Lyon -----> non investment grade
How is Tolisso getting along? Have a Lyon supporting friend that used to rave about him and thought he would be an upgrade on Herrera.

bucky

How is Tolisso getting along? Have a Lyon supporting friend that used to rave about him and thought he would be an upgrade on Herrera.
Arguably their best player this season along with Gonalons and Lacazette. Supposedly he's already agreed to join Juventus in the summer.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
His market value is probably around 40 millions of euros since Lyon rejected an offer of 37.5 millions from Napoli last summer.

22 years only. The Juve seems to be very interested.

Herrera and Tolisso are different players: the second one is rather an aggressive ball-winner with a higher work rate IMO

bucky

His market value is probably around 40 millions of euros since Lyon rejected an offer of 37.5 millions from Napoli last summer.

22 years only. The Juve seems to be very interested.

Herrera and Tolisso are different players: the second one is rather an aggressive ball-winner with a higher work rate IMO
Disagree. I don't think Tolisso wins the ball back as much as Herrera nor does he have the desire to do so, which isn't a slight on Tolisso, it's just that Herrera is really good at it. If you watch Tolisso regularly what stands out compared to Herrera is his goal-scoring ability and physicality. At this moment in time he wouldn't be an upgrade on Herrera considering the Spaniard's form, but he'd be a very good addition for any team including us.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Disagree. I don't think Tolisso wins the ball back as much as Herrera nor does he have the desire to do so, which isn't a slight on Tolisso, it's just that Herrera is really good at it. If you watch Tolisso regularly what stands out compared to Herrera is his goal-scoring ability and physicality. At this moment in time he wouldn't be an upgrade on Herrera considering the Spaniard's form, but he'd be a very good addition for any team including us.
My understanding is they don't have the same qualities but I can be wrong.

They have similar stats: 2014/15 Herrera scored 8 goals all competitions against 7 for Tolisso.

Now, I'm not saying one is better or more useful than the other one.

bucky

My understanding is they don't have the same qualities but I can be wrong.

They have similar stats: 2014/15 Herrera scored 8 goals all competitions against 7 for Tolisso.

Now, I'm not saying one is better or more useful than the other one.
To be fair Tolisso was 20 back then. Since then Tolisso has scored 15 while Herrera has scored 6 in all competitions. Similar to Pogba this season, Tolisso could have had more during that period.

NYAS

Did anyone catch the end of Lorient-Nice? Nice were down to 10 men but won 0-1, at full-time Favre the Nice manager was absolutely furious with one of his staff members, scolding him and putting his finger in his face in front of the cameras. I'm intrigued by this and would love to know what the situation was. Any French posters see anything in the local media about it?

@Downcast @JPRouve @BBRBB

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Did anyone catch the end of Lorient-Nice? Nice were down to 10 men but won 0-1, at full-time Favre the Nice manager was absolutely furious with one of his staff members, scolding him and putting his finger in his face in front of the cameras. I'm intrigued by this and would love to know what the situation was. Any French posters see anything in the local media about it?

It was with Letizi, the goalkeeper coach, but I don't know why.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Sorry I don't know

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Next season will be interesting

Full bodied red

Down to ten men because the worst thing to come out of Italy since cheap chianti got his third red of the season !!

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Next season will be interesting

Yeah. An interesting coach.

With their new shareholders, Lille & Marseille will challenge Paris-Monaco. Lyon will be near as usual.

Nice will sink next season.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
PSG - Toulouse tonight

Di Maria & Thiago Silva are the only one players injured (but should be ok for the return against Barcelona).

bucky

Yeah. An interesting coach.

With their new shareholders, Lille & Marseille will challenge Paris-Monaco. Lyon will be near as usual.

Nice will sink next season.
Depends whether they can keep their players and manager I think. They are doing fine in term of scouting and signing players recently.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Depends whether they can keep their players and manager I think. They are doing fine in term of scouting and signing players recently.
Auxerre ----> 3th in 2010 ----> 9th in 2011 ----> 20th in 2012
Montpellier ----> Champion in 2012 ----> 9th in 2013 ----> 15th in 2014
Nice ----> top 5 in 2017 ----> ....

Could you guess my forecasts? :wenger: